Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

I think that little cameo was just for the promos and we won’t actually see Kal in person on the show. Almost forgot about this show but I’m getting a good vibe from these promos.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
    Were Hawkwoman and Adam Strange in this? I don't think I saw them.

Just watched the trailer wtf. When did Syfy start making shows with a real budget? If you replace the actors with ones ive heard of you could trick me into thinking this was a MoS prequel

Searched for this just realized its not in the Tv/Film section oh well
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-17-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    My only issue with it is yet another Superman property with a male protagonist...
    Well, it's not like Superman's grandmother could bring hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known. I mean, that wouldn't make any sense at all.

Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    ...it's a world, with a civilization thousands of years older than Earth's...
    In a recent Green Lantern story, we saw a Kryptonian woman who looked just like current-era Kryptonians, had space travel, and seemed culturally pretty modern.

Ten billion years ago. So I guess they haven't had much evolution, physically or culturally, since then.

(Conventionally, comic book stories don't have a very keen sense of scale, with regards to time or space. Although when Julius Schwartz created Adam Strange, he made it clear he knew how far away Alpha Centauri was, and how fast light traveled.)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

More time travel in DC's TV shows? Aren't they kind of overdoing it?

It would be better if they had some time-travel rules that they stuck to, but really they don't.
    Doctor Bifrost

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    More time travel in DC's TV shows? Aren't they kind of overdoing it?

It would be better if they had some time-travel rules that they stuck to, but really they don't.
    Given this show has a complete different creative team from Legends and Flash I imagine it will operate by it's own rules of time-travel.

KRYPTON PREMIERE DATE REVEALED, PLUS SEE NEW PICS FROM SYFY'S SUPERMAN PREQUEL

Krypton debuts March 21, 2018 and will take place "two generations before the destruction of Superman's home planet," the network reveals in an official synopsis. It will follow Kal-El's grandfather, Seg-El, as he attempts to bring order to his house, as well as his planet.

This looks really good!

BANNED

This might be a stupid question,or one already answered,but is the zod's in this black,because instead of general zod they wanted to go with pacifist val-zod?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Syfy's Krypton Series will probably include the Green Lanterns and Omega Men: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/...-and-omega-men

Hmm...

“There have been a lot of stories throughout the comics that we're drawing from," Johns said. "The time travel element does give us some unpredictability and some creative license to do some stories you don’t know or stories that play out differently than what people might assume."

Goyer said that they have a seven or eight-year plan for the series, should it prove successful, and that fans shouldn't assume they know how this story will end simply because they know Superman's origins.

"Because time travel’s involved, the ending of our show... history could be changed, and what happens in this show could be very different from the backstory that many people know," he teased.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

This looks really good!
    I was going to start a thread about this show from a non-trailer POV, but man, this thread of yours has been keeping legit track of everything.

Would you be opposed to re-naming your thread into something broader, like "KRYPTON TV show discussion" or "KRYPTON on SyFy" or "Does The World Need Another Superverse Show? Yes!" or "Let's talk about KRYPTON" or something like that?

Just a thought.

Anyway, actually getting a little excited for the show.

BANNED