Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    At best Steve will be back to normal by the end of the event but his credibility will be tarnished for about 2 years before the next event comic. Beyond that nothing much. The Marvel universe will be back to how it currently is: A bunch of children running around trying to be better then the Avengers, Maybe fences will be mended with Clint & he'll be back in a book that doesn't treat him like utter garbage (& hopefully the cancellation of Occupy Shitvengers), Probably a new Avengers roster. Nothing else really.
    If you think Occupy Avengers treats him badly you clearly haven't read his solo that came before.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Well we could get a time displaced Steve Rogers, kill off this Steve Rogers and then every thing he did doesn't matter. At that point a lot of the core Marvel legacy will be dead (again) or alternate reality displaced…so in essence none of their actions really matter because alternate reality people can just come in and take their place. So I say just kill him…and save whatever dignity/lore he had. Now we can Old Man Logan, Alternate Scott Summers, Old Man? Steve Rogers, and they can for a group that has no actual accountability because they don't matter. Might as well kill off Peter Parker while your at it and have Miles take over.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Miles Morales having to kill Cap, that'd be how I want it to end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How do I want it to end?
    I want some cosmic force to come down and make it so the entire event never happened and then have nobody ever reference it again.
    I'm with you.

I plan to ignore the whole thing.

It worked for CW2.

Sorta.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Tony Stark wakes up in bed one morning and hears someone in the shower. He goes to check it is Steve Rogers, completely back to normal, along with everything else. Steve smiles, says, "hi" and we fade to credits.

Bucky using the cosmic cube to help Steve remember who he is, and then both heroically saving the day. Steve needs to be redeemed after all of this. What he did should hit him hard and he should hit it hard back.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    Well we could get a time displaced Steve Rogers, kill off this Steve Rogers and then every thing he did doesn't matter.
    Teen Steve? And then the very last page of Secret Empire can say, "Thank you for reading The Crossing II!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Teen Steve? And then the very last page of Secret Empire can say, "Thank you for reading The Crossing II!"
    Ugh the Crossing, though it did have nice art for mid-90's Marvel and the Black Widow and Quicksilver costume redesigns weren't too bad, but story wise, ewwwwww

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Bucky using the cosmic cube to help Steve remember who he is, and then both heroically saving the day. Steve needs to be redeemed after all of this. What he did should hit him hard and he should hit it hard back.
    Didn't you read the latest? Cubic unbrainwashed Steve. This is the real canon. the past stories and his story with Bucky are not real.

BANNED

I want the event to end with Steve Rogers shamed for his actions and refusal to retake the mantel of Captain America, and this time he has a good reason for his constant reminders/fear of his time as a Hydra Agent plant.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Like Steve did for Bucky in the Winter Soldier arc, I want Bucky, Sam Wilson, Tony Stark, Sharon Carter, and/or even Spider-Man (Peter Parker) to grab whatever's left of Kobik or some other Cosmic Cube and tell Steve, "Remember who you are!" With that, the Steve Rogers we all know and love reasserts himself over Kobik's brainwashing on behalf of the Red Skull (rot in pieces and burn in hell, you son of a b****) and reaffirms his loyalty to the dream of American democracy and real American values, then immediately proceeds to atone in any way he can for the harm his HYDRA-loyalist self caused, slowly rebuilding his relationships with his fellow superheroes and inspiring them to reconnect with the world they protect and the people in it. Too optimistic? Maybe, and I agree with Kintor that this isn't gonna be something that just gets swept under the rug, because HYDRA-Cap was right about the superhero community as a whole losing its way and losing touch with the people they claim to protect. As such, the actual Steve Rogers' top priority should be rebuilding the trust that his fellow heroes allowed to erode amidst petty grudges and rivalries and resentments that escalated into super-powered battles in the streets where ordinary people live and work and learn, and hopefully the end of Secret Empire allows for that to happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I want Steve Rogers to be restored to normal, and then to say, "Wait, I was working with Hydra? But they're Nazis!"

And then maybe someone's like, "Well, actually, they're an ancient organization, it's just that one branch worked with the Nazis." And Steve's like, "Son, I've spent most of my adult life fighting Nazis. I know Nazis. Hydra are Nazis."
    LOL Yes, this please. That would be perfect.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's kinda ironic since Steve himself is a hypocrite since he led to the deaths of certain individuals since civil war ii started including Bruce banners death.
    Well except for the whole thing where it isn't Steve, not really, it's Kobik's fanfic version of Steve brought to life in Steve's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus
    I now imagine it will be Kobik which will undo most of it as if it never happened with perhaps the heroes retaining the memory so at least Steve doesn't get off the hook too easy.
    Too easy? His life, his real life was stolen from him and he was turned into a monster - how is that too easy? Steve IS a hero, it's Kobik, thanks to Red Skull, that took away his reality and turned him into something else.

Didn't you read the latest? Cubic unbrainwashed Steve.
    Not necessarily, that could be part of the fiction she created too. It's like extra insurance to make it more believable to Steve. There had to be a way to reconcile the real memories, which he'd been living all those years, and Kobik created memories and that was how it was done, by making Steve believe the Kobik created memories WERE the real memories and the real ones were the cube's creation.

Because if they just say that the entire past of the Marvel Universe just before and during WWII is basically not real? That's ridiculous, not to mention incredibly insulting to the history and legacy of Captain America AND his creators.
    Last edited by Alpha Storm; 04-19-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Incredible Member

"Simulation terminated...."

*images disappear*

Tony: "Unplug him from the machine!"

Steve: "Guys.....what happened?"

Tony: "You were plugged into a virtual world mirroring our universe with worst case scenarios via the Chaos Computer"

Steve: "But Hydra? Really?"

Tony: "I did say worst case scenarios."

Steve: "And the war between you and Carol?"

Tony: "Didn't happen."

Steve: "Rhodey you were dead!"

Rhodey: "Uhm......no."

Steve: "And Bruce!"

Hulk: "Hulk don't like Flag Man's story...."

Here's the basics of what I want in the end.

Hydra is basically gone. Hydra Cap and Miles Morales are having the fight of their lives against each other. Miles gains the upper hand, wooden stake through in his hands, about to kill him, but spares him. But then, Old Man Logan stabs Rogers in the back, as he had planned to do ever since he learned he was a Hydra agent. Cap basically made him go through fhe early days of the villain uprising all over again, so he'd be pissed, and start going berserk on his corpse. News Cameras are filming him live, and some of the other heroes such as Tony Stark (As an AI) and Unworthy Thor arrive. And Stark gives a speech about how the world needs heroes it can trust again, as Kobik watches. She realizes the error of her ways, and brings back Wolverine, Jean Grey, original Captain Marvel, Steve Rogers (back to normal) Banner, gives Thor a new Mjolnir, and maybe a few other dead heroes. Coughcoughgenerationssetupcough
    She then goes off into space, exploring the galaxy and eventually joining the Guardians.

The world then has to recover from the damages of the Hydra takeover.

New Attilan is destroyed, leading the Inhumans to move away from the public again, either to the Moon, or Antarctica.

The X-Men go back to Westchester

The Uncanny Avengers/Unity Squad and the U.S.Avengers disband, realizing they were just pawns in Steve's game.

And the Eternals come back, see what's happened, and decide to protect the Earth at any cost. (Being a mix of the Illuminati and Inhumans in terms of how they operate essentially)