Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I want it to end with Steve Rogers back to normal and a good 10 years of him as "normal" Cap. As in not having him murdered, time displaced, brain washed, aged up, etc....

Mighty Member

I want "Secret Empire" to end on time.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    "Simulation terminated...."

*images disappear*

Tony: "Unplug him from the machine!"

Steve: "Guys.....what happened?"

Tony: "You were plugged into a virtual world mirroring our universe with worst case scenarios via the Chaos Computer"

Steve: "But Hydra? Really?"

Tony: "I did say worst case scenarios."

Steve: "And the war between you and Carol?"

Tony: "Didn't happen."

Steve: "Rhodey you were dead!"

Rhodey: "Uhm......no."

Steve: "And Bruce!"

Hulk: "Hulk don't like Flag Man's story...."
    This made me smile.

As for my small weird opinion:

Cosmic entities sense Kobik and promote her to the new Galactus, taking Red Skull and other Hydra characters with her. The Cosmic entities know Red Skull and Hydra are going to cause problems, but they don't care, because they know there are heroes (and somewhat heroes) out there who will deal with the villains. Galen remains the Lifebringer and undo the damage Kobik made; only a handful of people remember what she did (Captain America, Winter Solider, etc.)

Let me know if I missed something. Thank you for your time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    This made me smile.

As for my small weird opinion:

Cosmic entities sense Kobik and promote her to the new Galactus, taking Red Skull and other Hydra characters with her. The Cosmic entities know Red Skull and Hydra are going to cause problems, but they don't care, because they know there are heroes (and somewhat heroes) out there who will deal with the villains. Galen remains the Lifebringer and undo the damage Kobik made; only a handful of people remember what she did (Captain America, Winter Solider, etc.)

Let me know if I missed something. Thank you for your time and patience.
    I fully back the "Kobik is the new Galactus" opinion.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I fully back the "Kobik is the new Galactus" opinion.
    Oh, thank you very much!

You know, I was thinking about it, and I think I do actually have a serious answer.

I want Steve to be returned to normal. And I want him to have absolutely no idea how to handle what's happened to him. I want him to feel used and abused and sick. I want him to feel like he just doesn't have it in him to keep going. Then I want Sam Wilson to tell him the heroes need him as a symbol to rally around, even if Steve doesn't feel worthy. But I don't want Steve to be the one who triumphs over Hydra. I want Sam to be the one who ultimately gets the win. Because I want the white supremacists to be defeated by a guy who isn't the Aryan ideal. I am so frigging done with that. I am done with the never-frigging-ending message at Marvel that white supremacists can only be defeated by the Best Straight White Man, with women and POC only ever getting the assists.

So for once - for frigging once - let the black guy be the one who defeats the white supremacists. Let the white dude play second-fiddle for one goddamn time.

Every time Crossbones or Red Skull or Baron Zemo or Baron Strucker or anyone like that is defeated by Captain America, it is saying that their philosophy - that white people are better - is right. It's not repudiating their philosophy, it's confirming it and that. Shit. Must. End. I never want to see Steve Rogers defeat a white supremacist ever again. Sam and Misty and Shang-Chi and Red Wolf and pretty much anyone who isn't a blond-haired blue-eyed straight white guy. That's who I want to see beating the shit out of Nazis. The people the Nazis see as inferior. Let them be the ones to beat the "superior" Aryan Nazis.

So yeah, that's how I want Secret Empire to end: With Sam Wilson as the Big Damn Hero who saves the day and stops the goddamn Nazis.

I can't get behind the idea that Captain America shouldn't fight Nazis because he's white. That just feels really wrong to me.

I actually like the idea that red Skull talks about his Aryan ideal only to have that ideal walk up, punch him in the face and tell him that he's absolute scum. It works even better if Cap can show up with his best friend Falcon.

The only way it could work better is if they revealed Winter Soldier is Jewish.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    I want it to end with Steve Rogers back to normal and a good 10 years of him as "normal" Cap. As in not having him murdered, time displaced, brain washed, aged up, etc....
    Ah that would be a relief. Because it's been ten plus years of them screwing around between death, brain washed, time displaced, aged up or whatever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    Ah that would be a relief. Because it's been ten plus years of them screwing around between death, brain washed, time displaced, aged up or whatever.
    Eh, before that he was aged *down* (by Sersi, to infiltrate a youth group), depowered, powered *up* (by the Power Broker), turned into a werewolf, kicked out by the government and replaced by John Walker, etc., etc.

He's a comic book character. Things will always be changing.

I like the idea of a reboot that gives the Marvel U a ten to fifteen year history. Enough time for everyone to be sitting at their "classic" status quo and room for the new wave of legacy characters to exist as well. And with a reality warping cosmic cube involved, I think it is entirely possible that something like this ends up happening.

The Marvel U could stand a little bit of clean up, but I wouldn't want it to sacrifice the new wave of characters we have gotten in the past few years to clean it up. I haven't been reading for a while, but I'm quickly warming to a lot of these legacy characters.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I can't get behind the idea that Captain America shouldn't fight Nazis because he's white. That just feels really wrong to me.

I actually like the idea that red Skull talks about his Aryan ideal only to have that ideal walk up, punch him in the face and tell him that he's absolute scum. It works even better if Cap can show up with his best friend Falcon.

The only way it could work better is if they revealed Winter Soldier is Jewish.
    The thing is, when it's the Aryan ideal punching Red Skull, it means the Red Skull is right. It's saying the only way he can be defeated is by the perfect white man. "Of course you defeated me, you're purer than I am!"

But make it a black guy who actually defeats the Red Skull? That's insulting to him. That's proving that he's full of shit. Red Skull, Crossbones, Zemo, Strucker, the Sons of the Serpent, any other racist dirtbags Marvel has - their defeats are vastly more satisfying coming from the people they think they're better than. And not as goddamn sidekicks, but as the ones actually beating the shit out of the racists. Black Panther breaking Red Skull's jaw is infinitely more satisfying than Steve Rogers defeating Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So yeah, that's how I want Secret Empire to end: With Sam Wilson as the Big Damn Hero who saves the day and stops the goddamn Nazis.
    Well, I expect that to at least happen in some form.

And then we'll get a new Steve Rogers book where he gets to punch Nazi's and fight Hydra again without secretly being a bad guy this time .

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    You know, I was thinking about it, and I think I do actually have a serious answer.

I want Steve to be returned to normal. And I want him to have absolutely no idea how to handle what's happened to him. I want him to feel used and abused and sick. I want him to feel like he just doesn't have it in him to keep going. Then I want Sam Wilson to tell him the heroes need him as a symbol to rally around, even if Steve doesn't feel worthy. But I don't want Steve to be the one who triumphs over Hydra. I want Sam to be the one who ultimately gets the win. Because I want the white supremacists to be defeated by a guy who isn't the Aryan ideal. I am so frigging done with that. I am done with the never-frigging-ending message at Marvel that white supremacists can only be defeated by the Best Straight White Man, with women and POC only ever getting the assists.

So for once - for frigging once - let the black guy be the one who defeats the white supremacists. Let the white dude play second-fiddle for one goddamn time.

Every time Crossbones or Red Skull or Baron Zemo or Baron Strucker or anyone like that is defeated by Captain America, it is saying that their philosophy - that white people are better - is right. It's not repudiating their philosophy, it's confirming it and that. Shit. Must. End. I never want to see Steve Rogers defeat a white supremacist ever again. Sam and Misty and Shang-Chi and Red Wolf and pretty much anyone who isn't a blond-haired blue-eyed straight white guy. That's who I want to see beating the shit out of Nazis. The people the Nazis see as inferior. Let them be the ones to beat the "superior" Aryan Nazis.

This has literally already happened. In the climax to Avengers: Red Zone, Cap is out old and Tony is trying to do CPR on him. The Red Skull is defeated by the Falcon who breaks free from his shackles and the Black Panther who takes his gloves off and breaks the Skull's jaw bare fisted.

Invincible Member

There's also the Panther vs Klan storyline from the 70's Jungle Action.

Plus the Captain Marvel (Monica) one shot from the 90's where she takes on the Sons of the Serpent.

Mighty Member

How do I want it to end? With somebody new writing Captain America. It's hilarious how bad Spencer's Steve Rogers is. Which is a damn shame, because his Sam Wilson is excellent.

How I think it will end? Badly. Late. Probably really, really late. More angst for everyone. I fully expect Spencer to restore Steve's memories, but then have Steve choose fascism anyway, proudly Hail HYDRA-ing away to his grave. Spitting on everything the character stands for, and has stood for, since his inception. Oh, and I'm sure we're in for at least a year of PTSD Miles if Morales actually has to kill the thing wearing the face of Steve Rogers.

But, you know what? That's ok. I'm not reading anyway. I've been going back through Brubaker's early issues, remembering what it was like before Marvel decided that one of my favorite Marvel characters, a virtuous man and a great role model, is better off a Nazi. And doing so while I pare down my Marvel pulls, since, like Cap, most of their comics totally suck.

I'd say call me when the event is over. But I'd be lying. I'm down to three Marvel books, not counting the two that have been cancelled but not yet ended. Marvel is in a creative tailspin, relative to my tastes. I don't think the current era of Marvel is for me.

So, how do I think Secret Empire is going to end? With my dollars going to DC, that's how.