Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do you want Secret Empire to end?

Like it says. Since we know most of the solicits for the main book now, how do you expect/want Secret Empire to end, and what will happen afterward?

Fantastic Member

Probably a combination of cosmic cube shenanigans to fix some stuff along with an ending that shows what it means to be Captain America, similar to the end of Superior Spider-Man.

How do I want it to end?
    I want some cosmic force to come down and make it so the entire event never happened and then have nobody ever reference it again.

How do I expect it to end?

Not that. Cap's reputation will be tarnished, he'll feel ashamed, no other hero will trust him, and the whole thing will suck. And that's if we're lucky.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How do I want it to end?
    I want some cosmic force to come down and make it so the entire event never happened and then have nobody ever reference it again.

How do I expect it to end?

Not that. Cap's reputation will be tarnished, he'll feel ashamed, no other hero will trust him, and the whole thing will suck. And that's if we're lucky.
    And don't forget backlash against the superhero community as a whole from the people who actually liked having the Secret Empire/HYDRA in charge or at least preferred it to "out-of-touch superhuman elitists pretending to protect us when they never gave a damn about us in the first place."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Cap remembers what had happened before Kobik, and pulls a Lelouch. Now world reflects and moves forward at the point where they almost were all enslaved and that threat is eliminated by heroes they lost their trust in from the Second Superhuman Civil War. But while the people may like them the world governments are non ready to trust the heroes and each other. It wouldn't be a forced Superhuman Registration Act but unless you are part of a nation super team chances are they won't help you out.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And don't forget backlash against the superhero community as a whole from the people who actually liked having the Secret Empire/HYDRA in charge or at least preferred it to "out-of-touch superhuman elitists pretending to protect us when they never gave a damn about us in the first place."
    I never viewed any of the marvel heroes as elitists not with carol danvers not with tony stark and certainly not with Peter Parker.

So I fail to see who you're referencing as out of touch elitists since carol tony and peter aren't that and never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I never viewed any of the marvel heroes as elitists not with carol danvers not with tony stark and certainly not with Peter Parker.

So I fail to see who you're referencing as out of touch elitists since carol tony and peter aren't that and never have been.
    I think he was referring to how the civilians in the Marvel Universe are going to react, not his actual views on any of the characters.

Extraordinary Member

Cap remembering what he was made to do and dealing with the fallout of that would be good; Steve is one of the few heroes who is actually respected by everyone in the Marvel universe, so having the people treat him the way they treat the X-Men or Spider-Man would be interesting, if not completely new.

Apart from that I'd like to see the superhero community dealing with the shame of knowing they screwed up so badly, fought each other so much, that a lot of people actually preferred life under HYDRA-Cap. That's one of the points that was made in "The Oath," and it seems like it would be a good way to launch the whole "heroes acting like heroes again!" theme they've been teasing for a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Let's not forget that on the opposite end of the spectrum will be those who will hate and distrust the superhero community for having allowed this to happen in the first place. After all if possibly the most iconic symbol of freedom among the heroes could do something so terrible, how can they believe any of them are on the level?

Amazing Member

I want it to end with Nick Spencer leaving the Captain America books with an actual A lister taking over.

How I want it to end: I want it to be the new Dark Reign and last a long time until the Heroes win, Cap gets his old personality back and afterwards we get some great stories about picking up the pieces.

How I expect it to end: The event ends this summer and everything else i wrote above still applies.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I want Steve Rogers to be restored to normal, and then to say, "Wait, I was working with Hydra? But they're Nazis!"

And then maybe someone's like, "Well, actually, they're an ancient organization, it's just that one branch worked with the Nazis." And Steve's like, "Son, I've spent most of my adult life fighting Nazis. I know Nazis. Hydra are Nazis."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

As long as we get the REAL Steve Rogers Back and his History Restored to Originally then I will be Happy, that is Greatly what I Want!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm just wondering what was the intention of the plot? Nick Spencer went to a lot of trouble to get this story to where it is with Hydra Cap. If he just wants to treat it as a spoof, then a Cosmic being will just come down and eradicate the whole thing from existence and Steve Rogers comes out smelling like a rose.

But if there was some moral lesson to be learnt it has to do with Kobik and her development as a Cosmic Cube and what that has to do with the Marvel Universe going forward. We know the next Avengers movie has to deal with the Infinity stones, and Kobik is one of those stones, so it may have something to do with setting up Kobiks monumental power in the ANAD to mirror the MCU? If that is the case, Secret Empire might just be a lesson in n ot messing with an Infinity stone, and if you do, it will take your va;lues and nobility from you, so, Steve Rogers will have to be the scape goat to learning this lesson?

Incredible Member

I'm hoping Secret Empire ends with a cosmic cube undoing all the damage and Ed Brubaker starts writing Captain America again. Marvel drops the PC and agenda bullcrap.