Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Mr Reader;2756553]Any ending that involves Steve dead or permanently disgraced is a betrayal of the character and the worst ending they could do, this is not a Darth Vader type fall from grace or pro wrestling heel turn, this was a good man turned against his will into a monster.

Steve Should regain his self and be the one to deal the deathblow to Hydra, that is the only ending there can be, not saying that the ending they'll do, but any other ending will be shitting the proverbial bed imo, only popular with the hardcore Cap

What he said....

A Superman 3 type of battle with Skinny normal Steve Rogers versus Hydra Cap in the mindscape via Cosmic Cube sheniagan and no cop-out like in Superior where Doc Ock pretty much gave up and lets Peter win to deal with his mistake... Steve kicks Hydra Cap's butt soundly and then ala Superman 3,in the real world, Cap rips off his new uniform and toss his new shield away and underneath it in a white light is.... his classic uniform. Sam throws him the original shield which he then raises proudly and we get the REAL Captain America back to fix this mess.

I want Steve Rogers and Tony Stark to come together again as a team along with Thor Odinson and Scarlet Witch.

[QUOTE=nitake92;2756597]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Any ending that involves Steve dead or permanently disgraced is a betrayal of the character and the worst ending they could do, this is not a Darth Vader type fall from grace or pro wrestling heel turn, this was a good man turned against his will into a monster.

Steve Should regain his self and be the one to deal the deathblow to Hydra, that is the only ending there can be, not saying that the ending they'll do, but any other ending will be shitting the proverbial bed imo, only popular with the hardcore Cap

What he said....

A Superman 3 type of battle with Skinny normal Steve Rogers versus Hydra Cap in the mindscape via Cosmic Cube sheniagan and no cop-out like in Superior where Doc Ock pretty much gave up and lets Peter win to deal with his mistake... Steve kicks Hydra Cap's butt soundly and then ala Superman 3,in the real world, Cap rips off his new uniform and toss his new shield away and underneath it in a white light is.... his classic uniform. Sam throws him the original shield which he then raises proudly and we get the REAL Captain America back to fix this mess.
    If that happens, I'll take back everything bad I've said about this storyline.

Well, most of it.

Alright, some of it.

Fine. I'll still say it was a horrible storyline, but at least the ending would be great.

BANNED

At best Steve will be back to normal by the end of the event but his credibility will be tarnished for about 2 years before the next event comic. Beyond that nothing much. The Marvel universe will be back to how it currently is: A bunch of children running around trying to be better then the Avengers, Maybe fences will be mended with Clint & he'll be back in a book that doesn't treat him like utter garbage (& hopefully the cancellation of Occupy Shitvengers), Probably a new Avengers roster. Nothing else really.

Steve somehow creating a time rift where in one universe hes a hero and the other universe hes a HYDRA agent but he has no idea which one he ended up in lol.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 04-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I never viewed any of the marvel heroes as elitists not with carol danvers not with tony stark and certainly not with Peter Parker.

So I fail to see who you're referencing as out of touch elitists since carol tony and peter aren't that and never have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think he was referring to how the civilians in the Marvel Universe are going to react, not his actual views on any of the characters.
    What Alan2099 said. Tony and Carol may both be too stubborn and prideful for their own good and the good of everyone else they dragged into their spat, but I wouldn't characterize them as elitists who don't care about ordinary people, and I would never characterize Peter Parker, whatever else I can say about his current and recent status quo, as being that, either. What I was trying to do, by putting that in quotation marks, was represent what the common people of the Marvel Universe seem to believe about the superheroes at large and thus why they might not see the end of HYDRA's Secret Empire as a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Cap remembering what he was made to do and dealing with the fallout of that would be good; Steve is one of the few heroes who is actually respected by everyone in the Marvel universe, so having the people treat him the way they treat the X-Men or Spider-Man would be interesting, if not completely new.

Apart from that I'd like to see the superhero community dealing with the shame of knowing they screwed up so badly, fought each other so much, that a lot of people actually preferred life under HYDRA-Cap. That's one of the points that was made in "The Oath," and it seems like it would be a good way to launch the whole "heroes acting like heroes again!" theme they've been teasing for a year now.
    I like that idea. I like it a lot. This would be the perfect impetus to get them to shape the f*** up and stop letting petty disagreements and rivalries turn into super-powered conflagrations and grudge matches that do nothing but endanger the lives of the very people they're supposed to protect. As for Steve getting a "welcome to being us" from the X-Men and/or Spider-Man, that would be pretty interesting, and if HYDRA-Cap didn't burn the bridges too badly, I could see it as a good opportunity for renewed and strengthened bonds of friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Let's not forget that on the opposite end of the spectrum will be those who will hate and distrust the superhero community for having allowed this to happen in the first place. After all if possibly the most iconic symbol of freedom among the heroes could do something so terrible, how can they believe any of them are on the level?
    That's a good point, too. Secret Empire really could make ordinary people hate and distrust superheroes even more, not for taking away the "HYDRA Paradise," but for being so asleep at the switch that HYDRA could take over at all with the most trusted and respected hero of all time in-universe as the spearhead. Very good point, actually.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

quickly.

BANNED

Trying to reverse everything to pre-Secret Empire (or even pre-Civil War II) might be pushing credibility a bit too far this time. It's safe to say that things have been on a downhill slide in the Marvel Universe for quite some time now. Which if nothing else shows that an event like Secret Empire makes sense, when you already see Marvels heroes both fighting amongst themselves and isolated from the people they swore to protect.

Realistically, Captain America's power play in Secret Empire should be the final act that plunges the Marvel Universe into the endless nightmare of a new Dark Age for humanity. Even if the heroes were to somehow defeat Captain America and Hydra it wouldn’t make a difference because the damage has already been done, the Marvel Universe would just continue its slide into petty violence and inexorable collapse. Ironically, making Captain America's Secret Empire the last chance for humanity to maintain civilisation at its current level.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Trying to reverse everything to pre-Secret Empire (or even pre-Civil War II) might be pushing credibility a bit too far this time. It's safe to say that things have been on a downhill slide in the Marvel Universe for quite some time now. Which if nothing else shows that an event like Secret Empire makes sense, when you already see Marvels heroes both fighting amongst themselves and isolated from the people they swore to protect.

Realistically, Captain America's power play in Secret Empire should be the final act that plunges the Marvel Universe into the endless nightmare of a new Dark Age for humanity. Even if the heroes were to somehow defeat Captain America and Hydra it wouldn’t make a difference because the damage has already been done, the Marvel Universe would just continue its slide into petty violence and inexorable collapse. Ironically, making Captain America's Secret Empire the last chance for humanity maintaining civilisation at its current standard.
    I think Hydra Steve's rule, which is a result of all the infighting that has been going on in the MU, is going to be the dark age. Secret Empire will be about the heroes putting all of their issues aside to come together and bring the Marvel Universe to better times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I think Hydra Steve's rule, which is a result of all the infighting that has been going on in the MU, is going to be the dark age. Secret Empire will be about the heroes putting all of their issues aside to come together and bring the Marvel Universe to better times.
    You might be right about that approach but it would still require a greater level of introspection on the part of Marvel’s heroes then they've been capable of in recent years. It's not enough to defeat Captain America; it will take a long time to repair the damage to the marvel Universe, if that damage can realistically be repaired at all. Pretending like nothing happen is just making the Marvel Universe seem out of touch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    You might be right about that approach but it would still require a greater level of introspection on the part of Marvel’s heroes then they've been capable of in recent years. It's not enough to defeat Captain America; it will take a long time to repair the damage to the marvel Universe, if that damage can realistically be repaired at all. Pretending like nothing happen is just making the Marvel Universe seem out of touch.
    In The Oath they touched upon it with Carol and Tony getting the most of it for their role in CW2, and that was basically a prequel to this, so we'll see.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    In The Oath they touched upon it with Carol and Tony getting the most of it for their role in CW2, and that was basically a prequel to this, so we'll see.
    It's kinda ironic since Steve himself is a hypocrite since he led to the deaths of certain individuals since civil war ii started including Bruce banners death.

Incredible Member

How I would like it to end is how I originally thought it would end. With some help from his friends Steve summons his inner strength and overcomes his Hydra programming and battles a threat he created or unleashed. In the aftermath some heroes realize that Steve wasn't in control of his actions and don't hold it against him while others can't quite bring themselves to fully trusting him.

I don't think this is what will happen by virtue of the fact that it seems that Steve takes over the country pretty definitively in Secret Empire, I'm not sure Marvel would let it stand that the fictional US will be ruled by Hydra for months. I now imagine it will be Kobik which will undo most of it as if it never happened with perhaps the heroes retaining the memory so at least Steve doesn't get off the hook too easy.
    Last edited by Orbus; 04-18-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Hyrda Captain America Steve Rodgers as president of the USA

I'm just wondering what was the intention of the plot? Nick Spencer went to a lot of trouble to get this story to where it is with Hydra Cap. If he just wants to treat it as a spoof, then a Cosmic being will just come down and eradicate the whole thing from existence and Steve Rogers comes out smelling like a rose.

But if there was some moral lesson to be learnt it has to do with Kobik and her development as a Cosmic Cube and what that has to do with the Marvel Universe going forward. We know the next Avengers movie has to deal with the Infinity stones, and Kobik is one of those stones, so it may have something to do with setting up Kobiks monumental power in the ANAD to mirror the MCU? If that is the case, Secret Empire might just be a lesson in n ot messing with an Infinity stone, and if you do, it will take your va;lues and nobility from you, so, Steve Rogers will have to be the scape goat to learning this lesson?