Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Okay, I think I'm ready for my interpretation of what would have happened if Jean lived and how it would have effected major events.

House of M: This is tricky; First, what would Jean's role be in the House of M's Universe? Then the possibilities must be explored: Would Jean still have her powers, what would happened if she didn't? Would the Phoenix Force come to her if she was de-powered or not? What would happened after that?

Note: The rest of the events are going under the assumption that Jean lost her powers after M-Day, but the Phoenix Force bonds with her, but Jean is in control, while the Phoenix Force 'sleeps.'

Civil War: 90% the same

Messiah storylines:
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong
    Hope would have still been the first mutant born after M-Day, and I think the Phoenix would have still played a big part, but Jean would have known about her before anyone else. Probably as a prophetic dream.
    I agree with this. I would also like to add in my interpretation, Jean uses her powers to shield Professor X from Bishop's bullet, and the bullet ricochet back and hit Bishop (whether it kills him, permanently injures him or not, I couldn't make up my mind).

Dark Reign: So if Emma dead, who will be her replacement in Norman Osborn's team?

Utopia:
    The X-Men would still move to Utopia. Jean would be Scott's second for a while, but they'd start drifting apart again as Scott's tactics got more militaristic, and especially when he allowed Magneto to be a part of his team.
    I agree with this, but I don't think Scott would turned that militaristic; maybe . . . 10% more.

Nercrosha:90% the same, except Jean helps Elixir with his powers; Emma briefly comes back to life, and she and Selene have a chick-fight

Curse of the Mutants: 90% the same

Age of X: Oh, boy, I don't even know where to start! However, I think Jean would had help Legion.

Schism: Scott and Logan leave Jean to handle Quentin Quire and she kicks his butt, while Logan and Scott go for a drink and work together to be a more positive example for the mutant society.

Avengers vs. X-Men: Never existed in my interpenetration.

AvX didn't happen. Anything involving the Phoenix as antagonistic? It didn't happen.

Jean and Wanda would work together, using Hope as a catalyst, to reignite the mutant spark. The X-Men would probably come back together after this, given that they aren't about to be extinct anymore. Jean and Scott, despite rocky times, are still probably together. Jean stays in charge of the school, with Scott in charge of the X-Men proper. They'd probably take more of a stance like is currently happening in Ressurxion with Kitty, with the X-Men becoming heroes again. Charles is alive, but still taking more of a backseat.
    I agree with this. I also would like to add in my interpenetration, Jean regains her powers, but the Phoenix Force still stays within her saying 'it needs a vacation.'

Also, Storm and Black Panther remain married, and Storm names Jean to be the protector of her children should the Royal House ever falls.

Battle of the Atom: Never existed in my interpretation. Instead, Jean saves Wolfsbane's son.

Death of Wolverine: Not sure if Jean could save Logan's life or not.

AXIS: Since Professor X is alive, Red Skull uses Legion instead. Because of the Red Skull, Jean becomes . . . Dark Phoenix . . . only to beat up Red Skull, until he begs Captain America and Professor X for help. Good guys free Legion; everything is restored; Phoenix Force apologies and leads Professor X and Legion into space to help Legion.

The Black Vortex: Hmm, I got to think about this one a little bit more, I guess 90% the same

Secret Wars:
    Jean would have been on the arc when the Incursion happened, and wouldn't have died at the hands of Doctor Doom - she would probably remember what happened as the Phoenix is an omniversal force. Ends up on both the X-Men and the Ultimates in the aftermath.
    Yeah, I stick with this.

Civil War II: 90% the same

Inhumans vs. X-Men:
    When the Terrigen bomb drops it would still take a while to realize what it is doing, but I think that the X-Men and the Inhumans can come to a more diplomatic end when it comes to how it was worked out. Scott and Madrox are still the first casualties, but Emma isn't driven to do what she did thanks to the fact that she and Scott weren't in love, and Jean isn't nearly as unstable to do something like that. She grieves, but she does so on her own, with her friends at her side. The Terrigen Mists are destroyed much sooner.
    Well, since I'm very confused about Terrigen and it's effects on mutants because of Quicksilver, I'll stick with this, with the addition that Jean asks the geniuses of the X-Men to find a way to make Terrigen safe. (Still confused what happened with Quicksilver.)

Insert somewhere that Jean stabilizes Warren and the Phoenix Force destroys all Apocalypse did to him

If I made mistakes or you have questions, please let me know. Thank you for your time and patience!
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 04-23-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If Bendis wants "No more mutants", there's going to be "No more mutants". Jean's presence doesn't make a lick of a difference.

And this goes for most of the stories. This is the reason why I haven't given my two cents on this thread. Because you cannot predict stories like that. If writer and editor wants to tell a story, they are going to tell it.

A better thought excercise would be isolating a story, and then throwing Jean there instead of Emma. Even then it's way too difficult. But predicting stories of past 12 years is just impossible.
    I'm not approaching this as a "what would the writers and editors do" experiment. I'm approaching it from a narrative, in world perspective on how events would have logically been altered, working on the (obviously false) assumption that the stories aren't just written by creators but play out on their own based on what came before.

I also pretty much conceded that if Jean had lived, I think the timeline would have skewed enough that we would be in a very different world that the one we currently have in the Marvel U. So basically there is no way to know.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I'm not approaching this as a "what would the writers and editors do" experiment. I'm approaching it from a narrative, in world perspective on how events would have logically been altered, working on the (obviously false) assumption that the stories aren't just written by creators but play out on their own based on what came before.

I also pretty much conceded that if Jean had lived, I think the timeline would have skewed enough that we would be in a very different world that the one we currently have in the Marvel U. So basically there is no way to know.
    This is basically what I did as well.

It changes significantly enough that I didn't assume certain more specific things - like specific storylines or the fact that, being realistic, after Charles died or retired from the Illuminati, it would be Jean that ook the Mind Stone - because the universe would be in a much different place. Certain things would still happen, though; they're fixed points in time, to use a Dr Who reference.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey