Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Kinda funny what happened to all of them (Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Emma). 3 are dead and 1 went genocidal.

Jean/Scott/Emma was always Brangelina to me. There are so many similarities. They should all stay separated like current Jen/Brad/Angelina.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I think if Jean had survived, her and Scott probably split at some point, with Scott still ending up with Emma and I could envision Jean ending up with Logan. I still see Jean and Logan together at some point in the future.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think the writing was on the wall during the Morrison run that no matter what, Jean and Scott as a couple was pretty well done. If she survived I don't see them being together afterward. I also don't see Scott becoming the major leader of the X-Men that he became after that. In fact, I imagine he would have left the team entirely as Jean moved into that position. And the lack of Emma's influence on the team moving forward would be a massive shift in direction.

So then, several things probably happen differently:

1. House of M doesn't happen or is immediately repaired if it does. Decimation and the endangered species angle probably doesn't play out. Meaning....
    2. Cyclops never becomes the militant jerk that he becomes. He took a hard line stance because they were backed into a corner.
    3. Messiah Complex never happens, which also means that Bishop never shoots Xavier. I also think there is a very strong possibility that The Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire, followed by all the Havok led Starjammer events, never happen.
    4. Schism, AvX and the move to Utopia never happen, mainly because both of those events were driven by Scott's militant policies. Also Jean's presence prevents the Phoenix Five from being a thing.
    5. I would venture a guess that we also never get the move to San Francisco.
    6. We never get headmaster Logan and the events of Wolverine and the X-Men.

Basically, everything that has happened since then just doesn't happen. I think that Jean's presence would diverge the narrative to a point that would be unrecognizable compared to where we ended up.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It was Morrison responsible for Emma's elevated position in the X-Mythos. Even before writing NXM he had said online that he was really interested in playing up her character. I think Quesada saw that was working and gave her a more prominent place in the larger MU, in part to make up for the death of Jean.
    Morrison originally wanted to use Colossus and didn't realize the character was dead, so he decided at the last minute to sub in Emma Frost and change her powers with her "secondary mutation" to turn into a diamond. So while he certainly started the trend, I don't think it was ever his designed intention.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Tell me about it. I want diamond form gone so much.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe not then, but it is entirely plausible that it snowballed by the NXM era.
    Is what I said, Morrison was the only one who wrote about those problems. Exaggerated and ridiculous for me.

Scott months before, had a completely different attitude to celibacy imposed by Morrison.

I don't get why people think Jean's presence just magically repairs everything. House of M doesn't happen because Jean is present? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Probably the same reasons Cyclops fans are with Wolverine...
    Look Wolverine never stole Cyke's spouse, and then when Cyke died Logan just took his place on x-men books;
    Now imagine if all of this would happen

Incredible Member

Then we wouldn't have gotten a taste of Scott and Emma and that would truly have been a miserable X-men reality.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Wow! These are good ideas! I love them! I would love to do one, but I have to leave for work, then go to my next job, but I will try to write a few ideas.

First, I think with Jean still alive the past original team will not appear. Personally, that concept confuses me. The original X-Men are now in the present and the universe doesn't explode because there are copies in the past in their place, but where does the copies come from . . .? Ahgrh! Okay, I'll stop now before I start crying blood.

I will continue this one day, but for now I will take one Event at a time. Let's start with M-Day (By the way, please correct me if I missed something or forgotten a detail)

First, what would Jean's role be in the House of M's Universe? Then the possibilities must be explored: Would Jean still have her powers, what would happened if she didn't? Would the Phoenix Force come to her if she was de-powered or not? What would happened after that?

I can't believe Marvel haven't made a series based off this idea.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Okay, back with my opinion about Jean Grey-Scott Summers marriage: if Jean Grey survived and Emma killed: My strongest thought is that Jean takes a journey of self-discovery, which entails:

1. A trip around the world with her closest friends (and superheroines) and Jean asks about relationships with other superheroines.
    2. The Phoenix Force takes Jean into outer space where she meets other Marvel characters (Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, etc). Maybe she has a fling with Starfox.
    3. Jean joins Man-Thing and Howard the Duck on a trip through the mulitverse
    4. All the above.

Afterwards, Jean decides to stay with Scott or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't get why people think Jean's presence just magically repairs everything. House of M doesn't happen because Jean is present? What?
    It was Emma who first brought up killing Wanda, though she wasn't the only one who ended up arguing for that solution.

And if Jean, fully in control of the Phoenix Force as she was by the end of Morrison's run, had still been alive then it would be very unlikely that Wanda's reality warp would have had any real lasting effect. Ya know, since the Phoenix can amputate timelines and also bend reality. It would also be much more likely that Jean would have been able to help find a different solution to the Wanda problem.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    It was Emma who first brought up killing Wanda, though she wasn't the only one who ended up arguing for that solution.

And if Jean, fully in control of the Phoenix Force as she was by the end of Morrison's run, had still been alive then it would be very unlikely that Wanda's reality warp would have had any real lasting effect. Ya know, since the Phoenix can amputate timelines and also bend reality. It would also be much more likely that Jean would have been able to help find a different solution to the Wanda problem.
    I don't think all mutants were as blood thirsty since they know they're better than that even if they really cared about the damage Wanda did.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post

If Bendis wants "No more mutants", there's going to be "No more mutants". Jean's presence doesn't make a lick of a difference.

And this goes for most of the stories. This is the reason why I haven't given my two cents on this thread. Because you cannot predict stories like that. If writer and editor wants to tell a story, they are going to tell it.

A better thought excercise would be isolating a story, and then throwing Jean there instead of Emma. Even then it's way too difficult. But predicting stories of past 12 years is just impossible.

Another thought about the Jean Grey and Scott Summers relationship:

They could go to a superhero marriage counselor, then have a spin-off series: "The Adventures of Allan Freeman, Psychologist/Psychiatrist to Superheroes!"

I think if Jean does take Scott back, she should have 'revenge,' but nothing serious, something that would permanently be with him for the rest of his life: humiliate himself in public; like singing in the middle of the street in his underwear.

Another form of 'revenge,' is Jean wipe the memory of the affair from Scott's mind.

In all honestly, I really don't know if Jean lived, she would have stayed with Scott or not, however I do think that if she and Scott did separate, she'll go for a non-mutant man, instead of Logan, you know, someone different and unknown; like Starfox, Jack-of-Hearts, or Black Knight, but then again, that's just my small weird opinion.