Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Royals #2 (SPOILERS OBV)

- Medusa is dying due to the terrigen removing itself from her body chemistry, an element of its sentience and awareness choosing to punish medusa for destroying the cloud.
    - Flint defeated a Chitauri swarm larger than the Annihilation wave
    - Black Bolt is actually Maximus

I quite like where this is going though I'm not a great fan of how Medusa is being written, and Al Ewing is continuing Soule's mythos of finding ways to brush Black Bolt out of the story so he doesn't have to deal with him :P

And what does this mean for terrigen? It's consciousness continues within the trace elements in Inhuman DNA, so this could lead into further reveals about if terrigen is connected cosmically or even multiversally since destroying a large amount of it on earth didn't do much except really piss it off.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 04-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Aww I was just getting started on writing up a thread. Beat me too it. Ah well.

I liked the issue though I didn't like how Crystal seemed to give up so easily. That's not the Crystal we had in All-New Inhumans. But Black Bolt being Max explains why Crystal is slated as second in command.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I guess this explains why there is a black bolt solo now.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Aww I was just getting started on writing up a thread. Beat me too it. Ah well.

I liked the issue though I didn't like how Crystal seemed to give up so easily. That's not the Crystal we had in All-New Inhumans. But Black Bolt being Max explains why Crystal is slated as second in command.
    Feel free to post your recap, I don't think I missed anything but I've missed stuff before :P

Pretty much. I would like to know how it happened but I'm sure that will be explained in Black Bolt. I can't help but wonder if Ewing and Ahmed were on this from the start or if one made the pitch and the other picked up from there.

Either way, I did like the issue quite a bit - I can't believe how Powerful Flint is - that was pretty crazy.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I guess this explains why there is a black bolt solo now.
    Yeah, I was actually wondering about that since it seemed like the character was in 2 entirely different position.

Now we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    - Medusa is dying due to the terrigen removing itself from her body chemistry, an element of its sentience and awareness choosing to punish medusa for destroying the cloud.
    - Grid defeated a Chitauri swarm larger than the Annihilation wave
    - Black Bolt is actually Maximus

I quite like where this is going though I'm not a great fan of how Medusa is being written, and Al Ewing is continuing Soule's mythos of finding ways to brush Black Bolt out of the story so he doesn't have to deal with him :P

And what does this mean for terrigen? It's consciousness continues within the trace elements in Inhuman DNA, so this could lead into further reveals about if terrigen is connected cosmically or even multiversally since destroying a large amount of it on earth didn't do much except really piss it off.
    Karma is a b*tch.

Keep it out of this thread please. This is to talk about the current issue of Royals. If you want to talk about ivx there are other threads than this one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Karma is a b*tch.
    It literally is. Medusa made the decision to destroy the cloud and now she's paying a price for that.

Destroying that cloud was a big deal for the Inhumans and I think this book is all about them having to deal with the fall out for that. Medusa might get hit the hardest because she ultimately made the call.

But heroes sometimes need to make sacrifices. It's just a part of the job description.

Is she still losing hair? She isn't bald yet is she? Gawd that's gotta be HELL for her, emotionally and psychologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Ewing and Ahmed were on this from the start or if one made the pitch and the other picked up from there.
    Ahmed said he had the prison comic idea long before going to Marvel. they asked if he wanted to write BB and he brought up the prison thing. Most likely Ewing just wrote around that.

Extraordinary Member

It's Flint who defeated the Chitauri wave. He is freaking powerful!

Astonishing Member

I don't think that was the full invasion force but a Unit, still using Pluto as a weapon this is gonna be a great book.

Again Ewing has done a great job. Loved the characterizations altough like many other readers, I wasn't shocked with the last page revelation (I think that everybody saw that coming for a long time xdd).

Niffleheim

Maximus was the douchebag impersonating BB all along lol! I LOVED Medusa and Jaycen in this issue.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough