Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still no Flash? Damn

Mighty Member

I think that Flash is going away for a while. (He might even end up with cloned legs or something. Back to spec and all that.)

I am glad to have Eddie back as Venom but I really like Lee as a character and I am praying we get to see him be the new Toxin. Pretty easy to do too since the military could just lean on Lee's own military background and give him a suit since he's been proven to be able to control symbiotes (and Toxin is WAY more docile than the Venom symbi). I want more of Lee Price with a symbiote please.
    I am not familiar enough with Toxin to have any real thoughts on this either way.

But, part of Lee's appeal is that he struggles with a conscience (just not his). He is fine being a bad guy, but he was held back by the suit's reluctance. There is definite potential for the character though, with or without a symbiote. Hopefully, Costa and Marvel will have some kind of follow-through.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I did enjoy that the Venom symbiote functioned as a kind of conscience for Lee. But it never made sense to me that Lee would be able to control the symbiote with his mind. Ranger training is intense, I'm sure, but I don't think it would prepare you for exerting your will on an alien and forcing it to do what you want. Its probably more about resisting torture.

So anyhow, Brock is back as Venom. Lee isn't done yet, and I'm sure will make some kind of gambit move to get the suit back. The FBI will continue to be involved. So far its been a fun story and the characters are interesting. So I'm on board still.

Flash really has no place now, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    This was extremely jarring.

I am glad to have Eddie back as Venom but I really like Lee as a character and I am praying we get to see him be the new Toxin. Pretty easy to do too since the military could just lean on Lee's own military background and give him a suit since he's been proven to be able to control symbiotes (and Toxin is WAY more docile than the Venom symbi). I want more of Lee Price with a symbiote please.

Everything else in this issue? Rushed and weird. Very weird. Very rushed. Now, I don't mind stuff going quickly but Brock's characterization was a total 180 from what we've seen him like. Even a line about him missing being bonded after having been with Toxin again would have been nice...but maybe we'll get that in the future?
    Yeah, having really dug the first five issues, this was the first one that didn't do it for me. "Jarring" is definitely the word I'd use as well. It felt like a very rushed way to get Eddie and the symbiote back together in a hurry and a very rushed end to Lee's time as Venom. I didn't hate it but it didn't flow well at all.

I'm definitely sticking around and hoping that subsequent issues fill in Eddie's thoughts on his desire to get back with the symbiote as well as that we'll see Lee have a meaningful part in the book still but this issue was a hard jerk of the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, having really dug the first five issues, this was the first one that didn't do it for me. "Jarring" is definitely the word I'd use as well. It felt like a very rushed way to get Eddie and the symbiote back together in a hurry and a very rushed end to Lee's time as Venom. I didn't hate it but it didn't flow well at all.

I'm definitely sticking around and hoping that subsequent issues fill in Eddie's thoughts on his desire to get back with the symbiote as well as that we'll see Lee have a meaningful part in the book still but this issue was a hard jerk of the wheel.
    The first five issues were some of my favorite Marvel books in quite a while. Hopefully it can recover from this 6th issue. I have faith.

Venom #150 supposedly has the story which explains what happened to Flash, which I guess is better than nothing. I do really hope he's not just tossed to the side and becomes important in his own way. Maybe in whatever happens with Venomverse he'll play a role in that?

Now we just need Bagley to draw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Venom #150 supposedly has the story which explains what happened to Flash, which I guess is better than nothing. I do really hope he's not just tossed to the side and becomes important in his own way. Maybe in whatever happens with Venomverse he'll play a role in that?
    I hope so... even if he's not Agent Venom anymore... he's too good of a character to keep in the dark

BANNED

Dan Slott confirmed a while back he would be using Flash in ASM soon, I presume there will be a Venomverse tie-in storyline at the time which would make use of him, he could wind up with another symbiote

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Dan Slott confirmed a while back he would be using Flash in ASM soon, I presume there will be a Venomverse tie-in storyline at the time which would make use of him, he could wind up with another symbiote
    Agent Anti-Venom? Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That'd be really good, love to see him and Spider-Man (or even Peter) interact more.

Also yeah, my theory of Venomverse is that Flash and Lee get their own symbiotes and have to reluctantly team up with Brock to stop whatever inter dimensional threat is happening.

It might be nice to see Flash without a Symbiote for a while and back to being an average joe...

That'd be really good, love to see him and Spider-Man (or even Peter) interact more.

Also yeah, my theory of Venomverse is that Flash and Lee get their own symbiotes and have to reluctantly team up with Brock to stop whatever inter dimensional threat is happening.
    I'd be down for that.

I really want Lee to stick around. Awesome character and the art thus far for him has been great too.

The one true Venom has returned for the next 6 months before Rebirth 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ishikabe View Post
    The one true Venom has returned for the next 6 months before Rebirth 2.0
    LOL no doubt
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."