Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Um, that's kind of the point. To get you interested enough to tune in.

Plus, I'm willing to bet that if you're on this site then you already have a good enough working knowledge of the characters to figure out their origin. And, since that's likely to be part of the initial arc, showing the actual origin would be too much.
    Not for me. The trailer is run of the mill teen drama stuff and that's not interesting enough for me. All I got in terms of powers is glowing hands and Dagger shanking a guy. I'm going to have to wait until more episodes are filmed because I'm not won over with what I saw.

Astonishing Member

I like the look of it. Has a bit more of a filmic aesthetic than most of these superhero tv shows.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Looks like a great cast. Don't need them to fly around, riding aeroplanes or watch a city being levelled again. Count me in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Oh baby, I'm afraid even if you *do* everything perfectly, I'm gonna lose you."

That's the wham line for me. A Black mom telling her son that is never easy. I appreciate live action Marvel shows maintaining the type of social commentary they've traditionally had in the comics, and it makes sense given Cloak & Dagger's urban stories anyway.

I wasn't expecting much when I first heard of the show (How many Cloak & Dagger fans are there? Honestly?), but now I'm intrigued.
    Likewise. A million times this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    [
    Not sure if MCU. There was a Roxxon building on there but that's it.
    The Freeform channel is owned by Disney.
    Sounds perfect.

this looks like a CW show. And i dont mean a CW hero show.

lots of mystery and teen culture should be explored in this series. Hopefully it will make it to five seasons.

episode 1 is on now East coast stream. Episode 2 coming next
    The J-man

watching it now
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

so far so good.

Anyone notice how Roxxon Corp plays a prominent role.

for those unfamiliar with it. Check this out. The company is in several MCU movies and tv shows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxxon...matic_Universe
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the season premiere also.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I thought episode one was AMAZING, a lot of time and effort obviously went into making the pilot episode stand out in every way and it's really fresh and well paced and great looking and a really cool take on their origins.

Episode 2 though, was bland, boring and generic. It really shows you that they put all of their effort in polishing the pilot episode and episode 2 was just run of the mill.

I'm worried the pilot is going to be the shiny flashy hook of amazing quality, and the rest of the show is just going to be overblown dullness like episode 2 was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I thought episode one was AMAZING, a lot of time and effort obviously went into making the pilot episode stand out in every way and it's really fresh and well paced and great looking and a really cool take on their origins.

Episode 2 though, was bland, boring and generic. It really shows you that they put all of their effort in polishing the pilot episode and episode 2 was just run of the mill.

I'm worried the pilot is going to be the shiny flashy hook of amazing quality, and the rest of the show is just going to be overblown dullness like episode 2 was.
    Another problem I am seeing is supporting cast is insanely weak. That isn't a good thing. Every other person is wallpaper. The only 2 supporting cast that get any type of development is Tyrone's mom a little. And Tandy's bf barely. But even then only their love for Tandy and Tyrone is all that's really developed there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't remember Tandy's powers giving her visions of people's feeling.

Astonishing Member

1 was interesting. 2 dragged. Get them into full gear quickly and stop futzing around. Move the angst back a bit and get the team rocking. Don't spend tons of time with the past though with a plot line of revenge that stretches through the season.