Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

3rd episode not as strong as the first 2. I am picky when it comes to fragmented episodes that feature flashbacks/visions/resets/whatever. This had too much of it. I'm sure next week will be better.

EDIT:

If it picks up steam and gets renewed, I'm hoping for an eventual Runaways tie-in. That can happen, right? With Hulu and Freeform working together?
    Last edited by hulahulk; 06-16-2018 at 04:53 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    3rd episode not as strong as the first 2. I am picky when it comes to fragmented episodes that feature flashbacks/visions/resets/whatever. This had too much of it. I'm sure next week will be better.

EDIT:

If it picks up steam and gets renewed, I'm hoping for an eventual Runaways tie-in. That can happen, right? With Hulu and Freeform working together?
    There's been rumors that Hulu wants a teen-centric superhero set of shows akin to Netflix, with a crossover special or 2. We shall see.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's been rumors that Hulu wants a teen-centric superhero set of shows akin to Netflix, with a crossover special or 2. We shall see.
    Let's hope for something cool

I have only watched the first two episodes and have not got to the third one yet. In all honesty it is very weak. The actors are good and I like the New Orleans setting. It does seem they swapped the characters personality being it to TV. I liked they kept Tandy's love of ballet and I also liked they kept the religious theme from Cloak & Dagger's first mini-series. One thing I did not like was Tandy's implied dependence on prescription drugs. In the comics they gained their powers when they were given experimental street drugs and that launched their two person war on drugs. Giving her some kind of pill addiction or even perceived addition undercuts this. They are also dragging out them discovering their abilities too much. By the end of the 2nd episode Cloak & Dagger should have been in operation. Getting a little tired of this always meant to be together but keep missing the mark thing. In the comics they are perfect partners but it was never implied they were star crossed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I have only watched the first two episodes and have not got to the third one yet. In all honesty it is very weak. The actors are good and I like the New Orleans setting. It does seem they swapped the characters personality being it to TV. I liked they kept Tandy's love of ballet and I also liked they kept the religious theme from Cloak & Dagger's first mini-series. One thing I did not like was Tandy's implied dependence on prescription drugs. In the comics they gained their powers when they were given experimental street drugs and that launched their two person war on drugs. Giving her some kind of pill addiction or even perceived addition undercuts this. They are also dragging out them discovering their abilities too much. By the end of the 2nd episode Cloak & Dagger should have been in operation. Getting a little tired of this always meant to be together but keep missing the mark thing. In the comics they are perfect partners but it was never implied they were star crossed.
    It will help if you think of the show as a teen drama not a superhero show. The direction the show is going in I doubt MCU Cloak and Dagger will be heroes.

All-New Member

I was very interested when I heard Cloak and Dagger was coming to television but after watching the first three episodes I am not hooked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It will help if you think of the show as a teen drama not a superhero show. The direction the show is going in I doubt MCU Cloak and Dagger will be heroes.
    I agree and I think it benefits from that fact. I honestly don't think we'll ever see the two main characters in costume or even refer to themselves as Cloak & Dagger. And from what I've seen so far, it'll probably be all the better for it. The show's basically about these two kids who've had these horrible things that happened to them the same night and are just now really beginning to deal with it. The super powered aspect merely gives the show a little extra texture, but it isn't necessarily the draw, I understand that may not be what some viewers may be interested in when it comes to their Marvel shows, but so far it seems to be working (at least for me).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Still completely on board with this show. Episode 4 was great, as we finally get to see the two leads do some meaty character work together. I know nothing about New Orleans, but it also looks like they're trying to incorporate the show's setting more and more. Also, first appearance of Cloak's cloak. I'm fascinated to see how this will all develop...will they go full blown crime-fighter when all is said and done? Do I even want that? Either way, I'm hooked.

BANNED

I’m really enjoying this so far.

I just wish I could binge it. Lol

I am sure they will have plenty of heroic moments, otherwise they won't be likeable. I am hoping that starts to happen sooner rather than later. I can see them becoming urban legends of sorts within New Orleans, just not full time crime fighters.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 06-24-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Roxxon really put out a hit on a lawyer who working out of his house and barely has anything to work with? I doubt he had anything to file an injunction.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

The stuff in the most recent episode feels like what they should have been doing in episode 2. Taken too long to get to this point (their interactions and powers discussion, and Tandey's exploration into Roxxon) imo, but it's picking up.

Also Tandey's boyfriend? That plotlines just dropped now?

Tandy boyfriend went to jail. I don't think there was meant to be a follow up on it. Maybe they'll bring him back once the romance starts with Tyrone.

The story crawling it's way forward. Tandy's suicide attempt last episode is what she needed to gain control of her powers. It's good to see the Roxxon story gaining some kind of the traction to the point we might have a big bad. It sucks that we are halfway through this season and I don't have a reason to care about the side characters. The female detective feels useless to me.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Another episode that feels like it'd have been better way earlier in the season.

So only their mental powers are linked to the other? Cuz Tyrone was teleporting all over the damn place all season and Tandy isn't bothered. Kind of a big power rule to leave out.

Also don't care for the police elements, the protagonist isn't actively doing anything to find the killer of his brother so we assume he's going to use his powers or team up with Tandy to do it (probably meaning he has to help Tandy get revenge for her father first) but nope. instead this cop's gonna do it. What a waste of screen time and potential.