Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because it's been too slow to develop. It shouldn't have taken the season until it's penultimate episode to reach this point.
    Maybe it will translate better for people with a similar take when they can binge it. Also, this latest episode was extremely well acted, specifically Cloaks mother. And even some of the ancillary characters are surprising me with how I like them around. The girlfriend of cloak was someone I considered a total throwaway at the start, but they gave her enough interesting... perceptions to make her much more interesting seeing her take and reactions. Because of her background she seems to have her own hidden knowledge along with her mother/aunt. I was glad Dagger was interrupted before she could steal Liams hopes, that's another side character that I am surprised to like having around since he was so earnest and the contrast with the nihilist in Dagger was interesting.

Maybe I'm just the mutant though, again, I seem to be mostly alone here.

I agree that this is actually better than I would have thought. It seems some people just want them to put on costumes and beat up bad guys, but I like that this show is all about the characters - and a tv show can take time to flesh them out. I like how this show has transformed what was a pretty basic backstory into a more intricate plot that speaks to the present day and the show's transplanted location of New Orleans. I also like how it plays on the inherent themes of light/dark, hopes/fears, good/evil and how C&D are counterpoints to each other.

Color me a fan!

Just finished episode 10. Was that the finale?

I really like this show. It’s much better than Hulu’s other Marvel show, Runaways. Well acted, interesting story. It was satisfying to see Tandy and Tyrone become comfortable with their powers.

The latest is the best episode so far. The season has been uneven to me, and certainly has dragged too much at times. Character development is perhaps the series' best feature, which bodes well for season 2 (it's already been renewed). C & D's CGI effects are spot on, too.

Spoiler:

The female cop who has been helping them -- was she in Crazy Mode at the end?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The now common double post

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    The latest is the best episode so far. The season has been uneven to me, and certainly has dragged too much at times. Character development is perhaps the series' best feature, which bodes well for season 2 (it's already been renewed). C & D's CGI effects are spot on, too.

Spoiler:

The female cop who has been helping them -- was she in Crazy Mode at the end?
    O'Reilly wasn't crazy. She developed powers while being exposed to the gas and being in a near death state. The same circumstances how that same energy source gave Tyrone and Tandy their powers. She'll be Mayham proper come next season.

The finale is bittersweet to me. Tyrone and Tandy's circumstances essentially got flipped. I hope Tyrone story next season is him trying to clear his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    O'Reilly wasn't crazy. She developed powers while being exposed to the gas and being in a near death state. The same circumstances how that same energy source gave Tyrone and Tandy their powers. She'll be Mayham proper come next season.

The finale is bittersweet to me. Tyrone and Tandy's circumstances essentially got flipped. I hope Tyrone story next season is him trying to clear his name.
    OK, thanks. I'll look up Mayhem since I'm not familiar with C & D's rogue gallery.

Duplicate post again. I'm lovin' it LOL

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    OK, thanks. I'll look up Mayhem since I'm not familiar with C & D's rogue gallery.
    Brigid O'Reilly/Mayhem

Hope this helps.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't decide if I liked how cheesy the music got in the last episode.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    This right here is one of my two chief complaints with the series (which actually speaks to how much I liked it); the over-reliance on music all throughout the season (and yes, the finale was especially cheesey during the climax).

The other major complaint being...I think the season could have been shortened/condensed by about 2 episodes and still have been as impactful, but not feel as if anything was being dragged out.

I watched the season finale last night and overall I liked the show. It had problems for me such as the pacing was too slow and I did not like the change in how they got their powers. I understand this was done to make them appear to be cross fated to be friends or whatever but what made them interesting to me in the comics was that they where not given their abilities by choice and they had to adapt to their new circumstances of their powers and that ended up being their driving force as well...namely saving other kids form the world of drugs. I am looking forward to Mayhew next season. Hopefully Mr. Jip will return as well. With the setting of the TV series as New Orleans I do believe having the swamps would be a good way to guest star ( or introduce to tv) Man-Thing. The costume was the only good thing to come out of the movie so perhaps Marvel could bring it over from Australia to use here.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The ending kinda totally reminded me of the climax of "Rock & Rule"

It's a tad of a stretch, but the whole "joining together as one and banishing the evil while cheesy music plays" thing seems spot on.

I think they were thinking that after all the gloom and doom of the season leading up to this, with all the depressing, angsty music that they thought they had earned something super upbeat for the end to show that them deciding to work together was the climax of the season, rather than wait until the threat had passed to have happy music. Then you don't have to waste time seeing them bask in the glow of their victory - the few moments of it atop the Superdome was enough because we were already brought to a happier place by the music. Creatively speaking, it works for me.

Oh, it was also super cool that this show actually name-dropped Stark and Rand! Even Netflix constantly talks around the cinematic characters rather than use actual names. Great to see such a clear reference to the movies and Netflix shows in one breath and that this show is clearly in the MCU.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Trailer for season two