Thread: Rob Liefeld

Amazing Member

Default Rob Liefeld

Is asking some extreme $$$ for his recent original art. http://www.robliefeldart.com/

Rob's an easy target for hate but his early work had a visual calligraphy that in the context of the time it was being created and the audience it was being done for was pretty dynamic. This stuff not so much. I wonder why he doesn't return to a variation on New Mutants/X-force style
    Last edited by prismablue; 04-19-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Liefeld was a mediocre artist at best who got lucky with the other artist he associated with.
    His poor anatomy and frequent swipes should have limited his comic career.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I mean, Liefeld's not a terrible artist, he clearly has talent to show off when he can be bothered. It's just that 99% of the time he just refuses to put in even the slightest bit of effort which leads to all the art we love to mock. And I LOVE to mock his art, love it, if I had the money I would buy the worst piece of Leifeld art I could find and keep it in my wallet to show everyone how bad it is.

Fantastic Member

Man, I had a gander at 5 or 6 of those pieces and there's stuff in every one of them that makes my eyes bleed. $2800! Yeesh...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Man, I had a gander at 5 or 6 of those pieces and there's stuff in every one of them that makes my eyes bleed. $2800! Yeesh...
    Pfft! I wouldn't spend $28.00 on Liefeld's art. Maybe 28 cents, nothing more.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! I wouldn't spend $28.00 on Liefeld's art. Maybe 28 cents, nothing more.
    Me neither. In fact, I'd only consider splashing out 28p (in my case) on Liefeld's art if there was a good chance that I could sell it on for a profit. Three grand for something like that? More money than sense some people.

Like I said on another thread recently though, if Liefeld can get some sucker to fork out those prices then what the hell does he care? He's been laughing all the way to the bank for 20-odd years now.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-20-2017 at 08:38 AM.