Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Is there any recommended reading out there for Abin Sur? It seems like he'll forever be known as that dying alien who gave Hal the ring. There has to be more to his story than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Is there any recommended reading out there for Abin Sur? It seems like he'll forever be known as that dying alien who gave Hal the ring. There has to be more to his story than that.
    Flashpoint : Abin Sur I guess, Cyborg saved him so he didn't die during the crash.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

There was a good story with Abin by Alan Moore. It was the source of the prophecies from the Three Inversions.

I also liked his appearances in the Spectre when Hal was the Spectre. Thought it was interesting how he had to help Hal redeem himself or he would be stuck in Hell.

I know there was another story with him where he fought a criminal named Tyrant. I remember that being pretty good but it's been awhile. And another where he was on Earth in the 1800s in the United States.

BANNED

Currently, I'm reading Green Lantern. I'm now on #16. Johns is doing a great job focusing on Simon Baz and developing him. I don't know if it continues when Venditti takes over. Makes me wish he showed up a bit more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    There was a good story with Abin by Alan Moore. It was the source of the prophecies from the Three Inversions.

I also liked his appearances in the Spectre when Hal was the Spectre. Thought it was interesting how he had to help Hal redeem himself or he would be stuck in Hell.

I know there was another story with him where he fought a criminal named Tyrant. I remember that being pretty good but it's been awhile. And another where he was on Earth in the 1800s in the United States.
    I liked his role in the Spectre series too. The one where he's on Earth in the 1800s was part of the Legends of the DCU anthology although I don't recall the issue numbers off the top of my head. I do recall that he meets a certain someone's ancestor though.

Was it during "Secret Origins" that showed Abin Sur's friendship with Sinestro? (and Sinestro's romance with Sur's sister? Am I remembering that right?)

Currently, I'm reading Green Lantern. I'm now on #16. Johns is doing a great job focusing on Simon Baz and developing him. I don't know if it continues when Venditti takes over. Makes me wish he showed up a bit more.
    It didn't, that what pissed most people off because Baz had a great introduction, you should read the crossovers with GLC and New Guardians.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was it during "Secret Origins" that showed Abin Sur's friendship with Sinestro? (and Sinestro's romance with Sur's sister? Am I remembering that right?)
    I don't think we found out that Arin existed until Blackest Night.

Incredible Member

So I kind of wanted to revive this thread because it seemed like it was having a decent discussion about the non human lanterns.

I just recently watched emerald knights and I really enjoyed the individual stories of each lantern (seeing Kilowog as a rookie was pretty funny). Does anyone know if Laira still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So I kind of wanted to revive this thread because it seemed like it was having a decent discussion about the non human lanterns.

I just recently watched emerald knights and I really enjoyed the individual stories of each lantern (seeing Kilowog as a rookie was pretty funny). Does anyone know if Laira still exist?
    She's currently dead - she became a Red Lantern for a while until Sinestro killed her. I think she was last seen as a Black Lantern during Blackest Night. Here's a quick rundown - http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Laira
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Oh wow, between the lively convo on Hal & John's respective threads, I forgot this one even existed!

Back on topic - anyone seen Brik?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    She's currently dead - she became a Red Lantern for a while until Sinestro killed her. I think she was last seen as a Black Lantern during Blackest Night. Here's a quick rundown - http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Laira
    Aww man that sucks. I really like her short with her fighting style.

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see an issue, maybe an Annual, of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps focusing one one or two non-Earth Lanterns and just their day to day lives in the Corps.

Incredible Member

I wonder if a green lantern series would work without the human lanterns being a main character. That would allow DC to expand on their Sci Fi areas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I wonder if a green lantern series would work without the human lanterns being a main character. That would allow DC to expand on their Sci Fi areas.
    That happened with Red Lanterns, at least the first 20 issues where Atrocious was the protagonist. The second half, where the title was headlined by Red Lantern Guy Gardner, is better received.