Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

seems the "Bendis sucks" machine still rolls on. I find him better than most. Friday still needling tony? why ever not?
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Incredible Member

In the words of Thanos: "People of Earth. HI!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    LMD's have skin and fleshy things but they aren't real. They don't have a need to excrete waste (well, not that I know of!).;

Referring to the existence of a butthole is a more accurate way to mark the difference between an artificial construct and a biological entity.

Or, it's just a funnier way - depending on your sense of humor, at least - which is why Bendis went with it.
    LMD's could also be created to have buttholes...

...whether or not it's actually used would be another question.

Well, his previous Iron Man book + CW2 did establish he's not a good writer...

The thing to remember is that comics are only secondarily an art form. If you find the narrative/dialogue fascinating or the art engrossing, you're really missing the point. The primary function of comics is as an ever-present source of generating unpredictable online outrage.

Whether your particular interest be controversial storylines, sexualised variant covers, anti-Trump messages, coded political references to Indonesian politics, or even your occasional bad/good joke, every comic is a potential unexploded bomb of low to medium to high-level controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Even this thread is giving Bendis more attention then he deserves.
    Agreed.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    LMD's could also be created to have buttholes...

...whether or not it's actually used would be another question.
    Yeah, probably not "functional" buttholes. Eww!

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/qUscGQv.jpg

Honestly, how did this trash see print? This is humor a 2nd grader would make. What the hell happened to the guy who wrote an amazing first volume of Ultimate Spider-Man, and his Daredevil run?

"The butthole." WTF
    His DD run was 15 years ago. People tend to forget he's a completely different writer now.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

iMan 42s

It's not meant to be high art. It never was.

This isn't Bendis saying Doctor Doom is the real Iron man because he has an asshole. This is Bendis using crude humor to say that A.I Tony isn't 100% Tony Stark and that's fine. Is it low brow? Sure it is, but this is not the worst thing in comics as of right now, and Bendis is a fine writer (most of the time) so this is blowing up over nothing more than a dumb joke.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    His DD run was 15 years ago. People tend to forget he's a completely different writer now.
    His current Jessica Jones and Miles Morales runs are right now and they're both great. And I'm sure I'm far from the only one who digs both his Riri and Doom books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    He's still writing good stories. This new volume of IM it's not bad, Infamous is even better, as Spider Man and Jessica Jones. Not everything he writes is good but this is true for every writer, and not all writes writes as much as him, and as a Marvel exclusive writer he probably has to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, probably not "functional" buttholes. Eww!
    LMDs are supposed to be lifelike.

Somewhere in SHIELD there is a tech whose job it is to design more realistic farts for LMDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Well, his previous Iron Man book + CW2 did establish he's not a good writer...
    What it did is established him as one of the absolute most overrated comic book writers of all time IMO. When he feels he's not getting enough attention he comes up with the butthole lines and other nauseating dialogue just to drum up it's all about me attention. I'm starting to think he's a narcissist and very self centered. Let's not forget continuity either. He destroys it while totally disregarding what anyone else has done to establish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, the saddest thing is that now we can't even call AI Tony an asshole...
    That literally made me laugh out loud.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    What it did is established him as one of the absolute most overrated comic book writers of all time IMO. When he feels he's not getting enough attention he comes up with the butthole lines and other nauseating dialogue just to drum up it's all about me attention.
    I'm very sure Bendis never imagined that anyone would make a big deal out of a passing, ultimately innocuous, line of dialogue. It wasn't a gambit to get attention.

It's not his fault that some fans are determined to find things to freak out about.