Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    What it did is established him as one of the absolute most overrated comic book writers of all time IMO. When he feels he's not getting enough attention he comes up with the butthole lines and other nauseating dialogue just to drum up it's all about me attention. I'm starting to think he's a narcissist and very self centered. Let's not forget continuity either. He destroys it while totally disregarding what anyone else has done to establish it.
    Not unlike Nick Spencer with the Darkhold which Baron Zemo just has despite it being in route to the Midnight Sons as of Carnage.
    Or Mike Costa ditching Flash Thompson Venom to use his own pet character instead.
    Or again like Mike Costa making Eddie Brock become Venom again despite everything to the contrary.
    Dan Slott making Ben Reilly into an unrepentant genocidal ass hat despite Ben Reilly being none of that at the time of his death (right because being killed turns you into a psychopath, better inform the X-men).
    Mark Waid writing Spider-man as someone who doesn't regard the Hulk as intelligent despite Hulk starting that way and being hyper intelligent on and off for years and despite this a problem solver.

Bendis is not the only one to disregard continuity.

Edited- because Robert Costa is the other guy.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, probably not "functional" buttholes. Eww!
    Define "functional".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I found that panel neither amusing, or anger inducing. In my opinion, it was just....meh, sparking no reaction whatsoever. Nothing to see here, move along.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/qUscGQv.jpg

Honestly, how did this trash see print? This is humor a 2nd grader would make. What the hell happened to the guy who wrote an amazing first volume of Ultimate Spider-Man, and his Daredevil run?

"The butthole." WTF
    Bendis is burned out from writing superhero comics. The only reason why he signed a 10 year extension was because Joe Quesada couldn't afford to lose his right hand man. Frankly, Bendis is the type of guy who is a better fit for Image Comics doing his own creator owned comics then to work for Marvel. What might have caused him to stay with Marvel is the creative freedom that they have given him and the chance to produce more TV projects. This is also the reason to why Miles Morales was brought over to Earth-616 to allow him to continue writing him when he should have remained in the Ultimate Universe that Marvel had managed to destroy instead of recreating it that would have featured Miles as Spider-Man from day one instead of Peter Parker.

Clam up, it is just a humor-based device, usually spoken or written, that someone says to cause amusement or laughter.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm very sure Bendis never imagined that anyone would make a big deal out of a passing, ultimately innocuous, line of dialogue. It wasn't a gambit to get attention.

It's not his fault that some fans are determined to find things to freak out about.
    I dunno man, this is all part of Marvel's conspiracy to generate controversy and make me pay them money. Steve Rogers is Hydra. Tony's AI got called a butthole. When will this madness end?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.