Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The year my son was born. Only because I couldn't find anything recognizing the 1992 Toronto World Series win.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The year my son was born. Only because I couldn't find anything recognizing the 1992 Toronto World Series win.

I'm glad you didn't say the 1993 Toronto World Series win. To this day I'm STILL riding the Joe Carter hate train after he killed my Phillies with that home run he hit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm glad you didn't say the 1993 Toronto World Series win. To this day I'm STILL riding the Joe Carter hate train after he killed my Phillies with that home run he hit.
    I'm almost afraid to ask your opinion on Mitch Williams. But I get it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Maybe she's just "virginesque"?
    Probably more "vertiginous" depending on how high she is being lifted up by the tentacle.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

2006. I dealt with a lot of pain and loneliness, and found a woman who was more than my match and fell for her.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 04-22-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask your opinion on Mitch Williams. But I get it.
    Oh, I never blamed Mitch for what happened with Carter. He was gassed and had next to nothing left in the tank by the time game six rolled around. I blame manager Jim Fregosi more because he went to the well once too many times with Williams.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

My best year yet has yet to happen, but I'm looking forward to it.

:P

1985, when this appeared, was the year I came back to comics after a few years away. It was Doug Moench on BATMAN and Wolfman/Perez TITANS that did it, mostly, with Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing and the introduction of the new Robin.
    You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

1999 maybe?...

I was a young French teacher in Casablanca, Morocco and...

I was running at the speed of life
    Through morning's thoughts and fantasies
    Then I saw your eyes at the cross fades (secret, secret, never seen)
    Secret, secret ever green

The secret life of Arabia
    Never here, never seen
    Secret life, ever green

(not sure of the cover yet... I hesitate with Tintin's "Cigars of the Pharaoh" for ...hmm... reasons... The lyrics of Prince's song 1999 could work also quite well to illustrate that time, and not only because of the year : the beginning of the 21st century was less fun, geopolitically speaking, as we all know...)
    Last edited by Abe; 04-23-2017 at 05:58 AM.

1986 was a pretty good year for me. I'd just graduated from High School and had no real grown up responsibilities yet. I spent the summer working and partying and rediscovered my love for comics when I bought this issue from one of those spinning racks at a drug store. I still have it.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-22-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    1896 was a pretty good year for me. I'd just graduated from High School and had no real grown up responsibilities yet. I spent the summer working and partying and rediscovered my love for comics when I bought this issue from one of those spinning racks at a drug store. I still have it.
    I had no idea you were that old ChadH. Congratulations on working out how to use this newfangled Internet.

I had recorded a (rock) CD in a studio not far from Johnny Cash's home. And while I never broke nationally, a few songs did play on local radio in Nashville -- the first time you hear yourself on the radio... well, remember that scene in the movie "That Thing You Do" - yeah, the euphoria is like that. Some time that year I played at club called "The End", and I remember standing there, looking out at the audience, and the thought ran through my head... "The Ramones played here. I'm in music city, standing on the same stage, in the same spot Joey Ramone stood." I didn't matter that I never made it to the toppermost of the poppermost, right then, I was in Heaven.

That was the best, most crazy, fun, whirlwind, year of my life.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I had no idea you were that old ChadH. Congratulations on working out how to use this newfangled Internet.
    He's a young whippersnapper compared to me.

Now, get off my lawn!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Well, in my day we didn't have all these fancy comp-u-taters and who-zits-what-zits!

I have to go. It's time to take my pills.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-22-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

This issue was released the month that I started my career at the United States Post office. And I'm still going after 33 years.