Member in Disguise

Default Batman vs. Snaaaaake

Hush-era Batman vs. MGS4 Snake.

• Batman is told Snake is a criminal, Snake is told Batman is a terrorist who needs to be brought in alive. They know what each other look like, and that they are dangerous; that's it.
    • The setting is an abandoned industrial complex; neither has prior knowledge of the layout.
    • Batman gets his standard suit and utility belt arsenal; no vehicles.
    • Snake gets any 3 accessories and any 3 guns from the game, the full OctoCamo suit, the Solid Eye, and the Mk. II.

Go.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Batman feels strangely compelled to monologue about his backstory for half an hour.

Anyway, I'm inclined to bet on the bullet timer here. The setting gives Batman a chance, but Snake is pretty highly specialized in this sort of scenario himself. Then again, I don't really know anything about Hush, so for all I know Batman is coming in here with eleven Green Lantern rings and the powers of Superman.

If this is meant as a scenario, I think they'll probably end up talking it out.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Isn't he only "SNAAAAAKE" when he's in the middle of dying? I think Bruce could take him in that situation.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well this sucks for snake. he'd have a better chance before MGS4. in MGS4, snake is pretty damn old and his body was breaking down. near the end, his suit was the only thing keeping his body from breaking down.

it would be a better match if it were younger snake but MGS4 snake doesn't really match up in this.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

As Read has mentioned, Snake isn't exactly in the best of shape. Even though his fight against Ocelot was pretty amazing for two old men with nothing but their bodies and HTH skills, they were eventually gassed out after minutes of intense fighting, something I can see Bats doing with ease.

I think Bat Man takes it. All kinds of crazy crap in that belt and it's Old Snake, so not in best of shape.

Now Snake has did bullet time deal, but that was younger Snake. Not sure of Old Snake doing it again. Not to mention some of the exotic belt tools.

Member in Disguise

Interesting takes, personally I didn't see it getting to h2h. All Snake needs is a clean shot with the Mosin Nagant, I'm not sure the 'default' Batsuit would be able to stop it. I do agree, if it came to melee Bats would take him down, but I'd think Snake (who's built from the ground up for stealth) would try to take him down from a distance.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I think Bat Man takes it. All kinds of crazy crap in that belt and it's Old Snake, so not in best of shape.

Now Snake has did bullet time deal, but that was younger Snake. Not sure of Old Snake doing it again. Not to mention some of the exotic belt tools.
    nope. at that point in the series, snake was aging super fast (keep in mind, this was about 10 years after shadow moses and 7-8 years after the tanker mission when liquid comments that snake was looking older than before) and he had about a year to live. so between that and his smoking, snake wasn't in the best of shape to be bullet-timing.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Interesting takes, personally I didn't see it getting to h2h. All Snake needs is a clean shot with the Mosin Nagant, I'm not sure the 'default' Batsuit would be able to stop it. I do agree, if it came to melee Bats would take him down, but I'd think Snake (who's built from the ground up for stealth) would try to take him down from a distance.
    I could see an argument for Snake just shooting Bats. (If Old Snake's still fast enough. Bats isn't a bullet-timer, but he's still a competent aim-dodger.)

But any situation in which Snake is attempting stealth should allow Batman to also attempt stealth. And that's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    I could see an argument for Snake just shooting Bats. (If Old Snake's still fast enough. Bats isn't a bullet-timer, but he's still a competent aim-dodger.)

But any situation in which Snake is attempting stealth should allow Batman to also attempt stealth. And that's not a good thing.
    i'd give bats better stealth since the octo-camo hides everything but the head so bruce has better stealth options than david.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    nope. at that point in the series, snake was aging super fast (keep in mind, this was about 10 years after shadow moses and 7-8 years after the tanker mission when liquid comments that snake was looking older than before) and he had about a year to live. so between that and his smoking, snake wasn't in the best of shape to be bullet-timing.
    I said younger Snake, as in the NES games. Not this Snake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I said younger Snake, as in the NES games. Not this Snake.
    i was referring to your comment about not being sure if old snake bullet timed or not.