Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

its a series of three books, as it looks the first season will encompass the first book, but there are some serious shifts in how the story gets told as we go through

Enjoyed the third episode, some favorite moments included...

SPOILERS

German guy assembling his human disguise, the transformations of the flight survivors (altho unless I missed it we didn't see the female.. reporter/actress? can't remember her occupation) .. especially the guy losing his genetalia (yikes!) , the rats fleeing, the smashed head ending.

Still not digging the time spent focused on the lead character's divorce, sure hope there's some payoff coming down the line. Enjoying the performance of the guy who was Frey on GoT. Not quite sold on the exterminator guy altho I was more impressed with him in this episode than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I thought it was crap. And I liked the books. But the acting was horrible from everyone including Bradley. Ill give it one more episode to see Kevin Durand as Vascilie Fet(sp) because I am a fan of that actor.
    I'm totally with you, I've watched the first 2 episodes and hated it, I'm giving it 5 episodes and I'm walking away for good
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Not quite sold on the exterminator guy altho I was more impressed with him in this episode than the last one.
    Really? They've been teasing this guy for two episodes now and I think he's great. I want him to join the main action soon!

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

I see they're quick to handwave social media out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I felt the same way..modern setting, but the tone is very old school Hammer vampire film

and Im good with that
    That's a great way to explain it. Agreed.

I blew the whole thing off initially as a rip-off/clone of the Reapers from Blade 2, but I watched the pilot for something to take the place of GoT and Penny Dreadful. I'm not a fan of the Ephram character, but the rest of the cast makes up for it, and I love the idea of the WW2 origins they've been alluding to.

BANNED

well Del Toro wrote the books well after directing Blade 2, so I figure the vampire design stems from that and wanting to tell a story with those types of monsters

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    well Del Toro wrote the books well after directing Blade 2, so I figure the vampire design stems from that and wanting to tell a story with those types of monsters
    Pretty much. I had no idea of the direction he intended to go, which is why I'm so pleasantly surprised by the show. I really don't like Ephram, but I'm still going to pick up the books eventually.

All-New Member

What throws me out of the show is the divorce. I'm intrigued by the mythos,so far,but the divorce just seems to get in the way. I do hope that the divorce is a theme for the series in some way,but so far,I just find it a bother.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

This episode was much better than the last few. Gruesome special effects during the autopsy scene. Seeing Sean Astin freak out was kind of funny. I like that his character came clean to Ephraim and Nora. Plus it was satisfying to see Ephraim punch him in the face. I actually enjoyed the scenes with Gus and think he's starting to be a pretty interesting character. Nice to see Jamie Hector from The Wire show up. Some excellent and tense scenes with Annie discovering Ansel's transformation. Setrakian was pretty badass once again.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Yes I thought the 4th episode was pretty good. I certainly didn't miss the divorce stuff. Enjoyed the scenes with Ansel (that's one way to take care of a complaining neighbor lol).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Yes I thought the 4th episode was pretty good. I certainly didn't miss the divorce stuff. Enjoyed the scenes with Ansel (that's one way to take care of a complaining neighbor lol).
    Kicking the dog, a TV death sentence.

I like that one of the newby vampires recognized that they were becoming inhuman and sought to do something about it.

BANNED

I liked that it's very different from other tv vampires with a different set of rules. It's treated like a scientific abomination , a virus strain that mutates a normal human. Does it do the same with animals ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kicking the dog, a TV death sentence.

I like that one of the newby vampires recognized that they were becoming inhuman and sought to do something about it.
    I thought he hit the dog, whether it was with he belt or not, I don't know.

Not aruing the rest of your point, just not sure it was a kick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I thought he hit the dog, whether it was with he belt or not, I don't know.

Not aruing the rest of your point, just not sure it was a kick.
    I was referring to the TV trope, not the actual act itself

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I was referring to the TV trope, not the actual act itself
    Oh, okay. Will have to look that up, so. Thanks.