Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 5 "Runaways" was directed by Peter Weller and was pretty solid. Interesting flashback featuring Setrakian. I hope that's something that keeps up throughout the series. The developing mentor relationship with him and Ephraim also seems promising. The scene where they confront Ansel in the shed was kind of cool. The scenes with Bolivar are easily his best so far. The sewer scene with Vasiliy Fet was also decent. The preview for next weeks episode looks like all hell breaks loose.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Directed by Buckaroo Banzai himself!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Episode 5 "Runaways" was directed by Peter Weller
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Directed by Buckaroo Banzai himself!
    My life is now complete.

I was getting impatient last episode. Despite the awesome vampire autopsy and the moment at the very end I felt like not enough happened. It was like the vampire apocalypse was only inching forward.

This one made up for it.

The pacing of this series is improving although I was hoping the eclipse would occur earlier in the episode. The Gus scenes are quickly becoming one of my favorite things about the show. The scenes with Vasiliy Fet were pretty good too. Nice to see Nora and her mother show up at Setrakian's pawn shop. Let the vampire hunting begin!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

The opening scene with the deserted bar was kind of creepy and the subsequent attack scene was gruesome. I was hoping the eclipse scenes would last a bit longer though. Glad they are continuing the flashbacks. Nazi vampires are a bit cliche but they do it here well enough. The revelation that Setrakian hand crafted The Master's coffin was interesting. I thought the build up to the confrontation between Eichhorst and Setrakian in the subway was also pretty good. Wan't expecting that ending!

BANNED

That group of rogue vampires will post more of a threat to the master than the old man's ragteam group.

Incredible Member

I got caught up late, but that scene where he pulled out the parasite like a garden hose... I just lost it. I got scrunched up like a frightened little girl wanting it all to stop. So disgusting, and I was certain as soon as he pulled it out completely it would spring back to life and snap his head off after it first impaled him with a thousand tentacles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I got caught up late, but that scene where he pulled out the parasite like a garden hose... I just lost it. I got scrunched up like a frightened little girl wanting it all to stop. So disgusting, and I was certain as soon as he pulled it out completely it would spring back to life and snap his head off after it first impaled him with a thousand tentacles.
    Yeah, the prop work on this show is gorgeous! And the make-up! I really loved the hooded vampire's make-up in the last episode!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    That group of rogue vampires will post more of a threat to the master than the old man's ragteam group.
    I don't know about that. It would make more sense for them to team-up.

BANNED

who says they are rogue? they are outfitted in tactical gear and seem very organized

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    who says they are rogue? they are outfitted in tactical gear and seem very organized
    Well , they are vampires and the master , i'm guessing , is very ancient and huge and unlike the vampires we have seen so far , he moves very fast.

You know, I didn't think Team CDC where lame characters at first... but this show has just consistently been piling on awesome other characters, and they keep getting more crazy and fun and likable.

Seriously, Eph better do something real awesome in order to stand out at all!

Spectacular Member

Yeah, they should had killed the CDC guys off at ep 2 or 3... they had their chance to contain it, and blew it, now let the kick ass dudes take over!!!

Default Episode 8: "Creatures of the Night"

Nice to see Vasiliy Fet finally meet up with Ephraim's group, plus Dutch Velders too. Setrakian was bad-ass once again during the gas station scenes. Epic Rick Baker cameo! Can't say I felt bad about Sean Astin's character being infected. The gas station ceiling caving in looked pretty cool. I was hoping to see more of Mr. Quinlan in this episode. I hadn't realized at the time but under the vampire makeup is actor Stephen McHattie.

I sincerely hope Vasiliy gets to put Eph down later. That would be nifty.