Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Epic Rick Baker cameo!
    Word. I didn't realize it was him at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    I sincerely hope Vasiliy gets to put Eph down later. That would be nifty.
    While anything could happen, I would not suggest holding your breath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Setrakian was bad-ass once again during the gas station scenes.
    Setrakian is one bad ass geriatric

Spectacular Member

They ran into the rat hunter dude... nice... then went and meet hacker lady... too Deus ex Machinney even for this show... guess she'll lear about how she helped the bad dudes and go on to make the heroic sacrifice...

Carpenteresque episode, calling back to Precint and Prince of Darkness...

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    They ran into the rat hunter dude... nice... then went and meet hacker lady... too Deus ex Machinney even for this show... guess she'll lear about how she helped the bad dudes and go on to make the heroic sacrifice...

Carpenteresque episode, calling back to Precint and Prince of Darkness...
    xactly what i was thinking, maybe if the 2 things happened in different episodes it would be easier to take but 1 after another was a bit much. still enjoying the show though and hope this type of thing doesn't become the norm.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    xactly what i was thinking, maybe if the 2 things happened in different episodes it would be easier to take but 1 after another was a bit much. still enjoying the show though and hope this type of thing doesn't become the norm.

Vasiliy is a though guy, and the longer the group survives, the more likely they'll run into though people (wait for the nanny!!) The problem with the hacker lady, is that it would come to something like "here's the gang, the badass grandpa, the smart Dr woman, and this guy who allowed the vampire plague to take over, but don't take it bad", "no worries, I helped them too, denailingofservicing New York"... what's the odd of that happening? A little work would had helped, her realizing she blew it but then using her hacking skills to find the guys fighting the strain, and joining them, would have taken a few minutes, better spent minutes than Eph marital problems, imo, but as it came down, they just crossed the street and here she was...

Anyways, this kinda looks as if it will end up having the Vamps taking over, maybe similar to the old V series, with the main characters forming a resistance movement... they're taking their time, but it probably get to the point where it is more action oriented and more about vampass kickin'...

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Anyways, this kinda looks as if it will end up having the Vamps taking over, maybe similar to the old V series, with the main characters forming a resistance movement... they're taking their time, but it probably get to the point where it is more action oriented and more about vampass kickin'...
    Not exactly.

Vasiliy is a though guy, and the longer the group survives, the more likely they'll run into though people (wait for the nanny!!) The problem with the hacker lady, is that it would come to something like "here's the gang, the badass grandpa, the smart Dr woman, and this guy who allowed the vampire plague to take over, but don't take it bad", "no worries, I helped them too, denailingofservicing New York"... what's the odd of that happening? A little work would had helped, her realizing she blew it but then using her hacking skills to find the guys fighting the strain, and joining them, would have taken a few minutes, better spent minutes than Eph marital problems, imo, but as it came down, they just crossed the street and here she was...

the rat hunter guy i can accept when i just look at it as they gave us a look at his backstory before introducing him to the group, the hacker chick is just too much of a coincidence though.

The flashbacks scenes continue to be good especially the scene where the Master confronts young Setrakian. Dutch Velders' emotional breakdown felt a little forced. The Gus scenes also continue to be good. The scene where Eichhorst pulls the bullet out of his own leg made me cringe. The Master's face reminded me of Max Schreck in F. W. Murnau's Nosferatu.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Kind of disappointed with the big reveal for what's under the Master's hood. I don't know if it's a combination of the proportions and the CGI but it just looked weird to me. Like, bad weird.

It was disappointing especially when compared some of the other special effects makeups they've already done this season.

Spectacular Member

They should had showed him in the first ep and it would have been fine, building it up that much made it feel a bit of a let down, kinda like the take on the vamps, it is not the nowdays usual "vamps are cool superhuman beings", which make one wonders who wouldn't want to be a vampire, in this, yeah, you live forever, but you get ugly (not a deal breaker) and lose your... family jewels and lil dude... (forget it!!!), speaking of... that Bolivar dude has been missing for a while...

That's sort of the entire point of the series. Vampirism as a parasite as opposed to anything else.

The flashbacks showing what happened to Kelly for the most part felt unnecessary and wasted half the episode. The scenes where Vasiliy Fet and Dutch Velders go to confront Eldritch Palmer weren't much better. The highlights of the episode are Kelly attacking her neighbor and her meeting the Master which was unexpected. Eph having to shoot the boy and finding Kelly's necklace was a pretty powerful moment.