Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prophet #45

All-New Member

Default Prophet #45

Does anyone know when this is coming out? I assumed it was this week or next, but some sites still have it as TBD. I've seen some single panels on twitter and tumblr, so I assume it has to be close.

No idea, and it has been a while.

Id bet that Graham and co are taking their time to deliver a memorable final issue.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Next Wednesday is what's on the site and what my local shop believes. I hate to see this series go.

You all know that Prophet isn't ending yet, right? After #45 we're still getting 2 Prophet: Strikefile issues, and the story will be wrapped up after that with Prophet: Earth War. That mini-series will probably be about 4 to 6 issues long I expect. So yeah while we are moving towards the end here, it's still quite a few months (and issues) away!!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    You all know that Prophet isn't ending yet, right? After #45 we're still getting 2 Prophet: Strikefile issues, and the story will be wrapped up after that with Prophet: Earth War. That mini-series will probably be about 4 to 6 issues long I expect. So yeah while we are moving towards the end here, it's still quite a few months (and issues) away!!
    Oh yeah I did know that there was going to be something after 45. I'm really excited for the Strikefile issues.

I think it's coming out next week. Or at least I hope so, since most every issue of Prophet has been delayed at one point or another.

And I have no idea how Brandon Graham and co. are going to wrap up the main story in one issue. I hope they nail the ending, because Prophet is without a doubt my absolute favorite ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I am aware, but details have been scarce on both of those follow ups other than their general purpose. Hope we'll get more info soonish...

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I am aware, but details have been scarce on both of those follow ups other than their general purpose. Hope we'll get more info soonish...
    I actually found some art for Prophet: Earth War and it looks pretty amazing:

Something I'm not quite clear on:

Last issue was pretty much a story about an Arc Mother on an assignment from the Earth Empire who discovers that Troll achieved his goal of fusing with Badrock, right? Did the final page make it seem like Troll destroyed the whole universe or was that just me?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Baboon View Post
    Something I'm not quite clear on:

Last issue was pretty much a story about an Arc Mother on an assignment from the Earth Empire who discovers that Troll achieved his goal of fusing with Badrock, right? Did the final page make it seem like Troll destroyed the whole universe or was that just me?
    It made me think that he destroyed the Earth Empire's father and mother minds, but that the universe was still there. You do get the sense, though, that their gestalt form is the god of that universe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    It made me think that he destroyed the Earth Empire's father and mother minds, but that the universe was still there. You do get the sense, though, that their gestalt form is the god of that universe now.
    Yeah, it at least implies that some major stuff went down between Troll and Badrock.

Thing is...this whole thing hasn't actually happened in the main continuity yet, right? I assume the final issue will pick up with Old Man Prophet, the Prophet with a tail and the Empire Brothers finishing up their respective battles while Troll is still trying to fuse with Badrock.

I think the previous issue might have implied that the Empire's downfall is due to Troll becoming the equivalent of a god, but that could be something we won't get to see until the Earth War miniseries.

By the way, has Troll's allegiance been stated yet? I assume he's just looking for absolute power and doesn't actually care about the Empire.

Just to keep expectations in check:

https://twitter.com/royalboiler/stat...07676766457857

Brandon also tweeted "up like a farmer to send off Prophet #45", so based on my extremely limited knowledge on how printing works I doubt it's coming out next week after all.

All-New Member

Brandon also tweeted "up like a farmer to send off Prophet #45", so based on my extremely limited knowledge on how printing works I doubt it's coming out next week after all.
    Great info, thanks for posting that. I assume it'll be the 23rd at the earliest, probably the 30th.

Well that was to be expected. Oh and thanks for sharing the Earth War preview art, its truly gorgeous.

He also tweeted that 45 wont wrap anything up. It just sets the stage for Earth War.