Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Does it mean that the artist is also the writer? Or the co-writer? What does it mean? Honest question..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    But it is still artist driven fam

Unless you don’t know what artist driven means.
    I said "driven by those artists", e.g., Daniels on Damage was the attraction, if he is not on Damage, it is not driven by Daniels and the attraction is gone. Otherwise, all the DC books are rumored to be "artist driven now" so this line is no different.

And after the first 3 chapters you will get consistent art from the replacement. This whole line is experimental and the first artist was to test the waters and prove that artist can sell books and create concepts. I hope you kept this same energy for most of Rebirth titles.

And honestly I prefer the replacements to the originals so far.
    "Prove that artist can sell books" like people don't pick up books for artists like Jason Fabok and Gary Frank. No one needed to prove that, DC was trying to solidify artists as an important part of the creative process (they are). Giving them top billing and them leave after 3 issues does what exactly to help that? That puts you back in the same exact spot as every other book without consistent art where the writer and character matter more long term.

I have different art standards for monthly books and bi-weekly books. I prefer one artist for monthlies, ones that lack that I'm less likely to stick with unless the story has me sold. Bi-weekly I don't really care, I'm mostly there for the story and if I can have a consistent group of artists rotating or an artist per arc I'm happy..

Fantastic Member

Damn, I hope we don’t lose Rocafort after three issues. He’s a big part of the Sideways look for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Damn, I hope we don’t lose Rocafort after three issues. He’s a big part of the Sideways look for me so far.
    Yes he is / was the reason I was going to pick up Sideways. Is it confirmed that all these titles have the original artist / creator leaving after 3 issues. If so shouldn't DC have mentioned this in the first place?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    "Prove that artist can sell books" like people don't pick up books for artists like Jason Fabok and Gary Frank. No one needed to prove that, DC was trying to solidify artists as an important part of the creative process (they are). Giving them top billing and them leave after 3 issues does what exactly to help that? That puts you back in the same exact spot as every other book without consistent art where the writer and character matter more long term.

I have different art standards for monthly books and bi-weekly books. I prefer one artist for monthlies, ones that lack that I'm less likely to stick with unless the story has me sold. Bi-weekly I don't really care, I'm mostly there for the story and if I can have a consistent group of artists rotating or an artist per arc I'm happy..
    You could’ve just said you don’t know what your talking about without a making a big ass post saying nothing.
    Last edited by ross61; 01-24-2018 at 07:45 PM.

You could’ve just said you don’t know what your talking about without a making a big ass post saying nothing.
    Pretty sure literally every person in this thread but you agrees with his post.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Then that’s just sad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Eh. I see it interpretable both ways, honestly.

Amazing Member

So are these basically 6 issue mini series? The Master Class art was the draw for me, I was gonna drop them after they left but if they are only going 6 each then I would stick around. Any help would be appreciated, I havent seen anything on the length of the titles

I suspect that they are somewhere in the 6 to 12 issues each, but so far, beyond Challengers which has been confirmed to be 6 issues, I don't think that we truly know how long they'll last. Some, like Damage, Silencer, Sideways, I can go up to 9 issues, I assume that the Curse of Brimstone will be 6 issues max (because I don't really see the point in dragging the plot too long for a horror comics). the Unexpected is, well, unexpected so I don't know how long it'll be. Probably more than 6 issues considering that it's a team-book, same for The Terrifics and Immortal Men.

The Immortal Men has been pushed back to April.

https://www.newsarama.com/38328-tyni...ur-months.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Immortal Men has been pushed back to April.

https://www.newsarama.com/38328-tyni...ur-months.html
    Oh. I wonder what happened.

This line is falling to pieces and most of the books aren't even out yet...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-26-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Duke interacting with Derek, both in-costume and out, would be extremely cool! This would somewhat depend on how well both take off, as well as if the writers of both are aware of and acknowledge each other character's existence, but I would absolutely love it! <3

Though Derek seems to be older, he's an 18 year-old high school junior who, from what's gleam-able from the preview, isn't the most mature 18 year-old out there, and Duke, by contrast, is general much more outwardly mature. They're both costumed teen heroes of color who have similar yet different circumstances about them, and I would love for a relationship to develop exploring all of that. I hope it happens one day.

On a different topic, I agree with your second paragraph (also). Sideways/Derek is no more so a Spidey/Peter analog then most other teen heroes with solos, or at least no more so than folks have compared said teen heroes to Pete/Spidey in the past (the mentioned Tim Drake being a good and prime example of a character who's been compared and/or treated as such).
    An 18 year old high school junior? He must not be particularly smart.
    Please Remain Calm