Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Default DC to launch six new Dark Matter titles

Dc new titles under Dark Matter line (It's Not an imprint though)
    More info here
    Here
    and here
    "DC will be launching several new titles as part of the summer event Dark Night: Metal under the banner name of Dark Matter. DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio revealed the news during the publisher's presentation at Diamond Comics Distributors' Retail Summit in Chicago. Five titles will spin out of Dark Night: Metal to complete the Dark Matter banner, as revealed in an Entertainment Weekly article."
    Curious... I am going to wait for proper solicits, but might pick one up since gotham academy is ending. These titles will be marketed under a Dark matter title with the "new age of DC heroes' brand, Dark matter being the following story after Dark Days and Dark nights.

So....
    Sideways
    Damage
    New Challengers
    The Immortal Men
    Silencer
    Metal

Also two mystery books.
    darkmatter2.jpg

'Sideways by writers Dan Didio & Justin Jordan and artist Kenneth Rocafort (September), following "a teleporting teenager changed by the events of [Dark Nights: Metal]".

The Silencer by writer Dan Abnett and artist John Romita Jr. (September) "will focus on Honor Guest, the former world’s deadliest assassin now trying for a quiet life in the suburbs until (surprise!) her former life comes back to haunt her, and she must become the Silencer to protect her family."

Immortal Men by writer James Tynion IV and artist Jim Lee (October), "a story about five immortal siblings who “operate from the shadows, recruiting the elite against the foes who seek to bring about Armageddon."

Damage by writer Robert Venditti and artist Tony S. Daniel (October) "in which army recruit Ethan Avery is granted the power “to unleash an unstoppable monster for one hour at a time."

New Challengers by writer Scott Snyder and artist Andy Kubert (December), a reboot of The Challengers of the Unknown but with a "new cast" and new mission."
    Here is a video released as part of the announcement:

“What I love about Dark Matter is it’s a return to bringing both the writer and artist to the fore,” DC Publisher Jim Lee said “At our talent summit, we brought together some of our key creators, writers, and artists, and we sat around and talked about what was missing in comics, what we could do to create something different that maybe fans of this generation hadn’t seen before.”

Capullo says that Dark Nights: Metal will "open doors" DC fans thought they never would.

"[Scott Snyder and I are] opening doors nobody thought we were gonna go through… the promo I did was Batman holding two battle axes, so this is the kind of crazy stuff we’re gonna see in this," said Capullo.

"Dark Matter is a banner - not an imprint, not a world, not a universe," DiDio said.'

Rocafort grabs my interest as does Immortal Men.
    (I assume damage is not Grant..... checked and it's not)

UPDATE
    Preview of character designs and book artists

UPDATE 2
    They are monthly ongoings at 2.99 with no variants as Didio does not want to flood the market. Some no dark matter books are also going monthly soon as well.( We already know this happned to cyborg and will happen to Deathstroke and Aquaman.
    Will continue to update this....
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-21-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Sideways will probably be worth it for the Kenneth Rocafort art, very glad to see him back at DC.
    I'm always interested in new Scott Snyder books so I am in for New Challengers.

I'll wait for more info on the rest, but I like the thoughts. I'm guessing the new gods book tom king is doing will be apart of this.

Astonishing Member

Impressive list of artists but I wonder how long they will stay with a title. I am starting to look at A-list artists on titles like I used to look at genre TV shows. I became hesitant to get attached to the TV shows because most wouldn't make it out of the season. I might give a couple of the titles a looksee but won't get too attached because I have doubts that these artists will stay attached to these projects for more than 8 months.

These sounds like interesting titles with some A-list artists attached to them, though the one I'm most curious about is the Challengers of the Unkown reboot since that's the one thing here I recognize .

I'll wait to see solicitations to see if I'm interested as well as to see how any of this, if at all, will tie into Rebirth.

For now though I'd say Sideways, New Challengers, and maybe the Silencer have my attention.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

For a second there, I thought Damage (Grant Emerson) was getting a book. But no, he's still MIA. Take that, me.

But yeah, no interest in any of these titles. May give Silencer a shot just cause I really like Abnett though (This explains why he's no longer doing two issues of Aquaman a month)

Astonishing Member

I am still waiting for Abnett to be given the reigns of DC cosmic, since he and Lanning revitatlized my love of Marvel Cosmic, which quickly died after they left. If anyone could revitalize the Vegan System, the Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N. , Rann and Thanagar it would be him. It would be nice for the GLC to have something significant to play off of besides other colored corps.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    For a second there, I thought Damage (Grant Emerson) was getting a book. But no, he's still MIA. Take that, me.

But yeah, no interest in any of these titles. May give Silencer a shot just cause I really like Abnett though (This explains why he's no longer doing two issues of Aquaman a month)
    That was my first thought too...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was my first thought too...
    Same too
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Are these ongoings?
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

New Gods by Tom King is likely one of the mystery titles.

The types of books these are make me think they're a bridge between the DCU and Young Animal.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-20-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Interesting. I might wait for solicits so I check one of them out.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, im not to happy about them reusing Damage's name. He's not my favorite character by any means, but i don't like him just being abandoned like this.

Otherwise, this sounds interesting, thiugh there are a million other titles id rather have.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These sounds like interesting titles with some A-list artists attached to them, though the one I'm most curious about is the Challengers of the Unkown reboot since that's the one thing here I recognize .
    Same here. But even then, I'd be more interested if it was the "old cast and old mission".

Probably wait for some reviews, maybe the trade if buzz is good.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Same too
    I'm actually a big fan of of Grant's. He was great as Roy's surrogate little brother, and while what Johns did to him in Infinite Crisis was unfortunate (ESPECIALLY given the general treatment of Titans in that story), I actually kinda liked what was done with him in JSA. I really do feel he could carry a book.