Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Honestly, if the books are good (and Damage was good in that it enticed me to read more about it), I'll be glad to have them. It's the same boat I'm in with Batman and the Signal (or the whole New 52 now) : having those books I love will make me happy, even if D.C. pull the plug and leave me with nothing (or next to nothing) I like to buy. That would be their loss, not mine, after all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I know certain cynics dismissed the line but recent reports of the books being minis, the major artists leaving, Snyder being coy about Challengers, the delays of Immortal Men and Johns supposedly not being happy with the line make me wonder if any book will even exist by 2019.
    Well let me answer these 1 by 1 for you:
    1. The books are initially mini, but are more than likely to continue beyond that point if reception is right.
    2. Snyder has not been coy about Challengers, he’s been talking about it on Twitter and praising the work of DC Workshop alumni Aaron’s Gillespie and the book is still being advertised on DC site and on commercials
    3. Major artist are not leaving, they were signed on for an initial of 3 issues to headline them and create the characters. After that other great artist will take on the titles.
    4. Don’t belive BleedingCool’s rumors. Some of the New Age titles like The Terrifics ties into one of the concepts of Doomsday Clock.
    5. If reader support is there, these books will continue for a long while.

I really enjoyed Damage. It’s the Incredible Hulk book that Marvel refuses to sell us. I suspect the Terrifics will be the Fantastic Four that they won’t sell us. I’m looking forward to multiple titles. Challengers has Andy Kubert. I love Kubert art.

Consistent art matters more to me than a big name for 3 issues. If they aren't going to be available for a decent amount of time, just give me the damn replacement artist to start with. It just makes this whole focus on the artist feel hollow since they are leaving so quickly. I'm still excited for Silencer and Sideways, but man is this a huge buzz kill.

Finished Damage #1 today, and I can't say I enjoyed it. Bare minimum plot set up and zero character development. I wish we got more talking and less meaning less action to start this off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Well let me answer these 1 by 1 for you:
    1. The books are initially mini, but are more than likely to continue beyond that point if reception is right.
    2. Snyder has not been coy about Challengers, he’s been talking about it on Twitter and praising the work of DC Workshop alumni Aaron’s Gillespie and the book is still being advertised on DC site and on commercials
    3. Major artist are not leaving, they were signed on for an initial of 3 issues to headline them and create the characters. After that other great artist will take on the titles.
    4. Don’t belive BleedingCool’s rumors. Some of the New Age titles like The Terrifics ties into one of the concepts of Doomsday Clock.
    5. If reader support is there, these books will continue for a long while.
    No they were not advertized as minis. I get your logic but it has not been officially confirmed.

The delays coupled with Snyder talking about his first big project post Metal which is not Challengers makes me suspicious.

It has been advertized as an artist driven line. Its poor form when the artist leaves with in 3 issues.

Fantastic Member

No they were not advertized as minis. I get your logic but it has not been officially confirmed.

The delays coupled with Snyder talking about his first big project post Metal which is not Challengers makes me suspicious.

It has been advertized as an artist driven line. Its poor form when the artist leaves with in 3 issues.
    Artist driven didn’t mean that artist stayed into for the whole run, artist driven means that artist will be headlining the titles and have more creative input. Just look at the credit and also look up “marvel method”.

Snyder has been getting more pull at DC and just got his own office so he will be working on multiple future DC projects. For Christ sake there was just a commercial for New Challengers that was just made and is airing on multiple networks. Do you really think they’re not going to go through with it.

And Snyder confirmed that all series are initially minis that will keep on going if the audience is there for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Consistent art matters more to me than a big name for 3 issues. If they aren't going to be available for a decent amount of time, just give me the damn replacement artist to start with. It just makes this whole focus on the artist feel hollow since they are leaving so quickly. I'm still excited for Silencer and Sideways, but man is this a huge buzz kill.

Finished Damage #1 today, and I can't say I enjoyed it. Bare minimum plot set up and zero character development. I wish we got more talking and less meaning less action to start this off.
    And after the first 3 chapters you will get consistent art from the replacement. This whole line is experimental and the first artist was to test the waters and prove that artist can sell books and create concepts. I hope you kept this same energy for most of Rebirth titles.

And honestly I prefer the replacements to the originals so far.
    Last edited by ross61; 01-23-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Artist driven didn’t mean that artist stayed into for the whole run, artist driven means that artist will be headlining the titles and have more creative input. Just look at the credit and also look up “marvel method”.

Snyder has been getting more pull at DC and just got his own office so he will be working on multiple future DC projects. For Christ sake there was just a commercial for New Challengers that was just made and is airing on multiple networks. Do you really think they’re not going to go through with it.

And Snyder confirmed that all series are initially minis that will keep on going if the audience is there for them.

And after the first 3 chapters you will get consistent art from the replacement. This whole line is experimental and the first artist was to test the waters and prove that artist can sell books and create concepts. I hope you kept this same energy for most of Rebirth titles.

Well considering the books aren't even out yet and I already know the artists aren't staying on means artists won't factor into my buying decision one bit. I'll be deciding based on author and character, like almost every series.
    So that was a useless experiment.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Well considering the books aren't even out yet and I already know the artists aren't staying on means artists won't factor into my buying decision one bit. I'll be deciding based on author and character, like almost every series.
    So that was a useless experiment.
    What a weird way of thinking, but do you bro.

What a weird way of thinking, but do you bro.
    How in any way is this a weird way of thinking. Why should an artist that will be on 3 of likely 15-20+ issues effect my buying decision in any way? That isn't even a full arc! 3 issues is practically a fill in artist. I literally know the artist will not be a primary creator for the series before the first issue is even out for me to try.

Do you actually have any argument for why 3 issues of an artist should effect people's decision to invest in the series? Or are you just committed to the argument now and not willing to budge?
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Obviously I'm not asking for one artist to stay on for 50 issues or something, I'm even looking forward to Bogdanovic replacing Romita but the artist who was advertised to helm the series should've been onboard for one full run. 3 issues as mentioned make them fill in artists, do you see writers coming on board for 3 issues being heavily advertised as the hot new creators?

Your argument is contradictory, on one hand you say that Snyder stated that these books are minis and will continue if there is an audience for them but if true why are artists jumping off board before sales properly stabilize?

and if artists can sell books then surely they would want to stick to them? again notice the contradiction.

Also if artists are jumping off so fast then how do you expect them to have any meaningful creative input? another contradiction.

Fantastic Member

Obviously I'm not asking for one artist to stay on for 50 issues or something, I'm even looking forward to Bogdanovic replacing Romita but the artist who was advertised to helm the series should've been onboard for one full run. 3 issues as mentioned make them fill in artists, do you see writers coming on board for 3 issues being heavily advertised as the hot new creators?

Your argument is contradictory, on one hand you say that Snyder stated that these books are minis and will continue if there is an audience for them but if true why are artists jumping off board before sales properly stabilize?

and if artists can sell books then surely they would want to stick to them? again notice the contradiction.

Also if artists are jumping off so fast then how do you expect them to have any meaningful creative input? another contradiction.
    Do you know what contradiction means? Are you just spouting words and hoping you'll make sense along the way?

https://twitter.com/TonyDanielx2/sta...55497625014272

That Tony Daniel tweet answers any question you have.

And this excerpt from this Snyder interview also answers your questions:

Scott Snyder: It’s always been a limited series the way all the Dark Matter books are initially limited series. For example, Challengers (of the Unknown) with Andy (Kubert) is a handful of issue, about six. Most of them are three to six. To be honest, we wanted to see how it hit. It’s selling well above what we thought it would sell, not to sound crass. So we got a call from Dan Didio and he wanted to talk about The Signal and I thought he was going to tell me it’s underperforming, but he told me the numbers and it was a great moment with these guys.
    Last edited by ross61; 01-24-2018 at 01:14 AM.

BANNED

Daniel's tweet is two days old while Snyder's interview merely came out a few weeks ago.

First and foremost these books were announced back in the summer. DC had months to clarify the situation.
    Secondly despite delays there's been no official announcements from DC.

So yes there is contradiction.
    You cant have an artist guiding the series creatively if they leave with in 3 issues.
    You cant judge buying potential based on artist power if the artist is going to leave with in 3 issues.

But carry on now, you've just made up your mind.

Fantastic Member

Carry on now, you've just made up your mind.

Extraordinary Member

Daniel's tweet is two days old while Snyder's interview merely came out a few weeks ago.

First and foremost these books were announced back in the summer. DC had months to clarify the situation.
    Secondly despite delays there's been no official announcements from DC.

So yes there is contradiction.
    You cant have an artist guiding the series creatively if they leave with in 3 issues.
    You cant judge buying potential based on artist power if the artist is going to leave with in 3 issues.

But carry on now, you've just made up your mind.
    Yeah, I don't know why someone would not see how finding out a line of books billed as artist driven are not going to driven by those artists would turn people off who were excited about the premise, except trolling I guess.

Fantastic Member

But it is still artist driven fam

Unless you don’t know what artist driven means.
    Last edited by ross61; 01-24-2018 at 08:28 AM.