Fantastic four

Feels like I’m watching the last Jedi again

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    These are not new characters. Just rehash I’d classic marvel characters

Hulk
    Spider-Man
    Fantastic four

Feels like I’m watching the last Jedi again
    To be fair The Terrifics are not new characters but a team made up of pre-existing ones. I'm assuming that was the one you were comparing Fantastic Four to?

I can see arguments for Sideways/Spider-Man, Damage/Hulk and Ghost Rider/Brimstone so hopefully DC differentiates them a bit, but Silencer, New Challengers, The Unexpected and Immortal Men have no Marvel counterparts, so calling them a rehash seems like hyperbole.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    To be fair The Terrifics are not new characters but a team made up of pre-existing ones. I'm assuming that was the one you were comparing Fantastic Four to?

I can see arguments for Sideways/Spider-Man, Damage/Hulk and Ghost Rider/Brimstone so hopefully DC differentiates them a bit, but Silencer, New Challengers, The Unexpected and Immortal Men have no Marvel counterparts, so calling them a rehash seems like hyperbole.
    Didn’t even think about ghost rider. Yeah there’s a rehash

But come on hulk and damage? It’s like the same idea. Sideways looks like Spider-Man. Seriously I thought it was the first time I saw it

The Challengers were kinda Kirby’s first take on what would eventually turn into the Fantastic Four at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Didn’t even think about ghost rider. Yeah there’s a rehash

But come on hulk and damage? It’s like the same idea. Sideways looks like Spider-Man. Seriously I thought it was the first time I saw it
    Damage is a mix of Hulk and Captain America. Basically a what if the super soldier serum turned Steve Rogers into the Hulk.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-21-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    That was actually really fun! I'm excited! Now I want to see him interact with other DC heroes! Oh man, I want him and Blue Beetle to become friends so bad! Create their own social media channel and live stream their hangouts. Haha
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I'm actually quite intrigued by it. Clearly, D.C. is both playing on Sideways' as a Spiderman but also going form the beginning to a whole other route for his foe. The Tempus Fulginaut will appear from the very beginning apparently, and a cosmic villain from the get go for such a character is a great way to differentiate him from Spidey. I also really like Sideways' powers, visually speaking those tears looks great and the way he still isn't able to control them is really funny. Plus, the art is a killer. I haven't pre-ordered this one because I think that Kenneth Rocafort's style is a big enough draw to a lot of readers, so I wanted to give more chance to the other books, but I'll follow closely Sideways, as best I'll be able to !

I thought the sideways preview was decent and rocafort's art was awesome.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-22-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damage is a mix of Hulk and Captain America. Basically a what if the super soldier serum turned Steve Rogers into the Hulk.
    Is that why Marvel gave Weapon H a book? He's basically the same idea, but with claws.

Silencer sounds like a female Punisher to me. And the Immortal Men can probably be compared to the Eternals, though that group doesn't have their own book nowadays. Challengers was the inspiration for Fantastic Four, so both it and Terrifics will be similar to FF books. Unexpected is the only one I can't think of a Marvel analogue for.

Everything is inspired by everything, so what’s the big deal.

Star Wars was a ripofff of Flash Gordon and Kurosawa
    Xmen was doom Patrol
    Avengers and JLA

8 new books is way too much, and it’s going to be real hard for these to find a market. I will look at the Lee and Jrjr books, myself.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That looks like a lot of fun and Rocafort is one of my favorite artists so I'll be getting this one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

8 new books is way too much, and it’s going to be real hard for these to find a market.
    I've got money going that no more than 3 books, including Teriffics, will last more than 2 years. Especially since, hopefully, the Earth-M line will be launching in 2018, dividing the market even further. The only way I think I could be wrong was if DC was only expecting Young Animal level numbers on these books, which I doubt they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I've got money going that no more than 3 books, including Teriffics, will last more than 2 years. Especially since, hopefully, the Earth-M line will be launching in 2018, dividing the market even further. The only way I think I could be wrong was if DC was only expecting Young Animal level numbers on these books, which I doubt they are.
    Well, in today's market 2 year is (unfortunately) not that bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, in today's market 2 year is (unfortunately) not that bad.
    Ain't that a sad truth.