Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't know why they're far from promising? 30,000, if they can keep sales above 20,000, for a character who is brand new, and with writers who aren't really name brand per se, is pretty solid. Especially without variants.
    30,000 sales is a great start indeed but these days sales always disintegrate with each issue. What was the last book sold more than where it started? Ultimate Spider-Man's first years?

I believe that Morrison's guest issues of Sideways will help the series though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    30,000 sales is a great start indeed but these days sales always disintegrate with each issue. What was the last book sold more than where it started? Ultimate Spider-Man's first years?

I believe that Morrison's guest issues of Sideways will help the series though.
    Agreed - I'm just hoping that the drops will be less than they would be if they'd tried to artificially boost the numbers with variants.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Didn't Snyder confirm that these were all minis, I think in a podcast? Considering how badly Silencer and Damage already did setting the bar for the rest, that's probably for the best.
    I don't know about the others, but Sideways has at least 12 issues planned. Morrison coming on during the later issues should definitely help sales increase for that one.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Well, if each arc is three-issue long (which I suspect is the case), we know that Damage will have at least two full arcs, probably more if it holds (and I found issue #2 better than the first), so it's safe to say that most of them are probably here for at least a year, possibly two, save for Challengers of the Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, if each arc is three-issue long (which I suspect is the case), we know that Damage will have at least two full arcs, probably more if it holds (and I found issue #2 better than the first), so it's safe to say that most of them are probably here for at least a year, possibly two, save for Challengers of the Unknown.
    Yeah, I'd expect that, given the amount of effort and money DC has put into this, most of the books will stick around for a year, so they have ample chance to find their audience. Unless otherwise noted as a mini of course.

Now, if the sales are totally in the gutter, that might change things, but I'd be surprised if DC decided to cut and run at the first sign of trouble here. They've done it in the past, and are reactionary in the first place, but this seems like a hefty investment and they'll probably want to give it time to ripen.

12-18 months for most of the books. After that, it'll depend on what managed to find fans and whatever ridiculous internal politics DC is playing at the time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

One of the things I like, having read issue 2, is how they made Ethan so young and youthful. The guy actually looks like a young man in his very late teens/very early 20's (not sure if his age was specified yet or if I caught it had been). Since they're running on a premise akin to "What if a young Steve Rodgers gained a Hulk persona that came with baggage instead of a studly Captain America body?", that Ethan is so positively fresh-faced (and without the typical hero physique when un-transformed) really helps sell what they're doing with the character. It grants a better contrast and dichotomy himself and Damage, and allows more sympathy, in my opinion, when they have him struggle with the split personality he's developed, because we can see how young and utterly out of his depth he really is.

The first issue intrigued me, but the second issue has sold me, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well, Bloodlines did give us Hitman. Here’s hoping at least one of the New Age of Heroes characters/concepts sticks around to become a regular in the DCU.
    And I personally believe that Bloodlines was really a thinly veiled attempt to copyright as many superhero names as possible. Marvel did the same thing that year in their annuals.
    Most likely as a response to Image being formed, which at the time was focused more on superheroes.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Finally some information on the Unexpected : https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...the-unexpected

Finally some information on the Unexpected : https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...the-unexpected
    The only character I’m interested in the Unexpected is the Viking Judge. She has a cool design and DC doesn’t have a lot of characters connected to Norse mythology.

Now that I know that Neon is blind and that Orlando and Sook apparently truly thought to integrate it into their character, I must say that I find it intriguing. And Firebrand's past as a paramedic add a layer of tragedy to her situation, I just hope she won't be depicted as too edgy or something because of her current predicament.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Now this sounds like a book that is right up my alley.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

They seems interesting. Funny thing is as many have said, the NAOH (ex-Dark Matter) characters are heavy Marvel inspired, I can't avoid thinking than the unexpected are like the original Defenders, but mixed with the Bendis Defenders. Kudos to Orlando, if it in that way.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Man, all the sollicitations for the NAOH books are sounding great for June. My wallet will be crying.

Astonishing Member

Man, all the sollicitations for the NAOH books are sounding great for June. My wallet will be crying.
    As long as you're happy, your wallet will forgive you.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, mine too.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG