Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The "New Age" of Superman?

At today's DC panel at the 2017 Diamond Retailer Summit, they announced six new original titles for the fall,and proclaimed we were about to enter "The New Age of DC Heroes"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...-greg-capullo/

Is this our post-Rebirth phase? And if so, what do you expect to see how it affects the Super-Books?

Astonishing Member

I don't think that it will affect the Super-books at all.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I feel like Rebirth has already been "New Age of DC Heroes..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I don't think that it will affect the Super-books at all.
    Well Jon and Kenan do fit a "New Age"-esque theme for the range

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I'm not really strongly attached to the current DCU status quo in any way so I'm down for anything at this point. I hope Jim Lee's has no or little role in the creative process in this.

So from what I understand these are like events leading into one another? Dark Matter sounds pretty cool anyway, hopefully it actually opens up some opportunity to change things.

From reading the article it sounds encouraging that creators want to be apart of it, hopefully a sign that DC editorial is loosening their stranglehold on things over there.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Sounds like if anything this will affect Superboy more than it will Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Sounds like if anything this will affect Superboy more than it will Superman.
    Clark would still kind of fit given his paternal and mentor responsibilities influencing Jon.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I didn't see anything there that directly referenced Superman. So whatever this is, it must not involve him very much. What I'd like to see is more of his backstory. Fill in the blanks. I'd also love to see the multiverse used more. Superman seems like the perfect venue for that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I didn't see anything there that directly referenced Superman. So whatever this is, it must not involve him very much. What I'd like to see is more of his backstory. Fill in the blanks. I'd also love to see the multiverse used more. Superman seems like the perfect venue for that.
    I know what i'd like to see!! Bring back the power couple in the multiverse. The power couple should have a place in the multiverse!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I didn't see anything there that directly referenced Superman. So whatever this is, it must not involve him very much.
    Hence why I added a question mark, I was wondering if the New Age thing was either the name given to post-Rebirth, or just for this new hero initiative?

So far we know it involves Batman and the Hawkmen

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    I know what i'd like to see!! Bring back the power couple in the multiverse. The power couple should have a place in the multiverse!!
    The Power Couple, Lois and Clark, are already back.

Oh...oh, you mean the one that even Diana said never mattered to her?

Yeah, you still get a version of that in Miller's 'verse.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-20-2017 at 12:05 PM.

I'm not getting anything concrete from the linked article beyond "JRJR, Kubert and Capullo are part of an artists initiative of some kind".

All the rest strikes me similarly to using "edgy" and "dark" as buzzwords without bothering to explain what they mean.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The "new age of heroes" are a bunch of new characters/series no one will care about: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...ogether-shall/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Yeah, this clearly has nothing to do with Superman. I'll definitely check out Snyder/Kubert's Challengers relaunch though.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The "new age of heroes" are a bunch of new characters/series no one will care about: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...ogether-shall/
    Because "fans" refuse to allow themselves a chance to care about them.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sign me up for Challengers.

I love super science and exploration. Hope to see a Superman and family guest appearance. Always thought they'd play well off each other.