Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I didn't read Priest's Black Panther, but based in what I hear and in his Deathstroke one thing that I learned is that he does write some really Badass characters, and I'm really excited to see him do it with Black Bolt.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I hope there'll be an FF cameo at the end.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm definitely curious to see this. I wasn't quite sure what road they'd head down before the interview. I thought it might be ancient history. But this looks fun. Priest is a solid writer, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

This looks really interesting - it is the type of thing I like to pick up as a trade.

One thing, which irks me slightly is this

Medusa represents the obvious flaw in a ridged caste system; she was born into a role she is genetically ill-suited to perform. Medusa was never going to host teas or perform ceremonial duties like a royal princess. From birth, she’s wanted to be on the front lines, with her male cousins, engaging the enemy, defending the realm.

Not specifically for Medusa because individually it is fine for her, but generally speaking I think that this type of character trait/plot line is unfair. What Medusa is 'genetically ill-suited to perform' is a traditional female role and one that can be very interesting and, indeed, heroic (diplomacy, spies etc) while the role she wants to do 'on the front line' is a traditional male role. Just like when nurses are 'upgraded' to doctors there is a sense of devaluation of the roles that women have in the past traditionally done. That they aren't as good or as important as what men have done which IMHO is pure bollocks.

It would be terrific to see more characters who are 'born to do' trad female roles. Male or female, it doesn't matter.

Actually looking at that quote again my problem is that the warrior class in attilan was never a gendered thing - if your powers would make you a good soldier that's what you did. (Also, of her family Gorgon & Triton are the only soldiers and I don't think Triton started out as one so maybe wouldn't be in the royal guard at this point in time, so it's not like Medusa's whole family is out fighting wars or something)

I guess the story will be that she's in a different/unique position as future queen?

I'm excited for this because I'm all for stories about the royal family when they were younger, but I'm sure this series will contradict at least some of the thoughts i have about attilan and the royal family, based on previous stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...I wonder if they're gonna start retconning stuff to be like on the TV show.
    If Marvel wants a mandate like that, Priest would be the last choice.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    "the planned story will take readers back to a time just after Black Bolt underwent Terrigenesis"

They better not be retconing when Black Bolt underwent terrigenesis. He went through it in the womb, hence his power level. So unless this story focused on newborn Black Bolt deposing the Unspoken, they're fucking with continuity.
    secret wars

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    "the planned story will take readers back to a time just after Black Bolt underwent Terrigenesis"

They better not be retconing when Black Bolt underwent terrigenesis. He went through it in the womb, hence his power level. So unless this story focused on newborn Black Bolt deposing the Unspoken, they're fucking with continuity.
    They said they've all already underwent terrigenisis when the series starts? Doesn't seem like this is going to be touched on at all, so not really sure what raised your concern unless I missed a quote.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    They said they've all already underwent terrigenisis when the series starts? Doesn't seem like this is going to be touched on at all, so not really sure what raised your concern unless I missed a quote.
    Since BB went thru In Vitro T-Gen "just after Black Bolt underwent Terrigenesis" for BB would be when he was still an infant.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Since BB went thru In Vitro T-Gen "just after Black Bolt underwent Terrigenesis" for BB would be when he was still an infant.
    Maybe is right after Maximus and Medusa underwent Terrigenesis and Black Bolt was released from his confinement, this way all characters would be experiment new grounds in their on way.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I will be getting this. But I sure would like to see a Fantastic Four run by Priest.

I am super excited for this. One reason I like the Inhumans is that they have a millennia of stories that would still barely scratch the surface of their history.

It allows for so many possibilities.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I thought this issue was pretty awesome, though I'm a complete Inhumans outsider. I'm a Priest fan because of his current run on Deathstroke, and a longtime Noto fan, from his Birds of Prey covers, Batgirl issue, fan art, and, of course, his gorgeous Black Widow run and his Star Wars comics. The black panels are a welcome sight, providing punctuation and context, and I really felt strongly for all three main characters - Black Bolt, Max, and Medusa. I'm very curious how the current plot will work out, though, since there seems to be some pretty wacky stuff going on at the end.

Anyone else reading this title? Think the covers are terrible and got variants instead?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm reading it and enjoying it quite a bit. It's always good to explore the more philosophical side of Inhumans. Medusa was a highlight as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I really enjoyed this. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Mudusa this much.