Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will it be more appealing, if we find out that CWW is from a lost tribe of Chinese Amazons ..or even human-alien hybrid Amazons, living underground in China?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Will it be more appealing, if we find out that CWW is from a lost tribe of Chinese Amazons ..or even human-alien hybrid Amazons, living underground in China?
    Very much doubt it. It'll be a strong Chinese cultural figure, though probably one that would be resonant with Amazon ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Very much doubt it. It'll be a strong Chinese cultural figure, though probably one that would be resonant with Amazon ideology.
    Like Tang Saier or Lin Siniang? A warrior woman of Chinese legend? Could she be the descendant of one of these historical figures?

This is intriguing. Where in or around China could they be living? Perhaps, there is a Pacific island, where this lost army of female warriors lives, hidden from the modern world! Pretty cool...

But, here's another question. Will Deilan be a totally independent super-heroine of Chinese origin, ..or will she be subordinate to Hippolyta and the Greek gods?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-22-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Like Tang Saier or Lin Siniang? A warrior woman of Chinese legend? Could she be the descendant of one of these historical figures?

This is intriguing. Where in or around China could they be living? Perhaps, there is a Pacific island, where this lost army of female warriors lives, hidden from the modern world! Pretty cool...

But, here's another question. Will Deilan be a totally independent super-heroine of Chinese origin, ..or will she be subordinate to Hippolyta and the Greek gods?
    Given Yang's approach (a lot of the characterization and super elements are taken from Chinese mythology like the Monkey King, which has already be hinted at in her backstory), I bet Deilan will be totally independent.

I wish there could be a crossover between this title and Diana, because I want to see the two interact.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Given Yang's approach (a lot of the characterization and super elements are taken from Chinese mythology like the Monkey King, which has already be hinted at in her backstory), I bet Deilan will be totally independent.

I wish there could be a crossover between this title and Diana, because I want to see the two interact.
    I hope she is independent.

If she is just another Greek-origin Amazon, even a Chinese woman born among Greeks, I think we miss an opportunity to explore Chinese folklore and mysticism, ..and that would be unfortunate. A DC Comics super-heroine with origins in Chinese myth will be a great addition to an already exciting comic book universe.

I'd also like to see a crossover, but guessing that they will probably meet in Justice League or one of the team books, first.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. Peng's really fun. And yes, given the story I don't think she'll be connected to the Amazons in any direct way. All the heroes of the Justice League of China simply are based on those heroes without a literal tangible connection.

Though Kenan's probably the closest in being actually connected (being a product of Superman's energy and Chinese science).

The ongoing mystery is her origin in Peng's case. We know she was locked away (apparently in a rock which I originally thought was a euphemism but seems to not be) because of her love of someone and punished for it. So I'm guessing we'll find out she pissed off a Chinese God of some kind.

BANNED

New issue of New Super-Man came out today, and guess what? Seems like we'll be learning Wonder-Woman's origins in this arc! This issue was also just a lot of fun, and you really don't need to have read everything that came before, as while this is continuing certain threads, it's still the start of the new arc.

If you're interested in the book and you're tired of waiting for the first trade, you may want to pick up the issue!

Seriously, please check this book out. It's the best and it needs to survive! This issue just gave us the newest member of the team, and she's just as cool as Super-Man and Wonder-Woman.

BANNED

Okay, we still don't know Peng's full power-set, but we did get her origin today! As it turns out, she's actually the Green Snake from the Chinese legend of the White Snake! I personally think this is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Okay, we still don't know Peng's full power-set, but we did get her origin today! As it turns out, she's actually the Green Snake from the Chinese legend of the White Snake! I personally think this is really cool.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lege...he_White_Snake

Its a pretty cool story! Im now super interested to see where Peng goes from here. I still think a JL of China book is relatively likely and that its only a matter of time before she interacts with Diana somewhere.

Yeah, the recent stories involving Peng Deilan have elevated this book from "This is a pretty good book that I enjoy reading" to "This is an amazing book and one of my favorites!!" on my grand ol' list. I definitely want her to meet Diana sooner rather than later.

Spectacular Member

Someone should make a Chinese Wonder-Woman appreciation thread already!

So what are Peng's powers?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I got the first trade of this yesterday and I liked what I've read so far. I wouldn't mind the author taking on the main Superman book at some point.

Since it seems Chinese Bat-Man has a Joker expy to go along with him, is it too much to ask that Wonder-Woman gets her own Cheetah or Circe?

I'd love it if they also brought back the "Sino-Supermen" that fought Batgirl back in the late 1970s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So what are Peng's powers?
    spoilers:
    Her power is that she's actually the Green Snake from the Chinese Legend of the White Snake.
    end of spoilers We still don't know what that means her full capabilities are, but so far she's displayed enhanced strength, combat skill, and spoilers:
    telepathy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I got the first trade of this yesterday and I liked what I've read so far. I wouldn't mind the author taking on the main Superman book at some point.
    Glad you're enjoying it. The first trade is excellent, but it only gets better from there. Yang actually did have a run on Superman during the Nu52, but I haven't read it.