Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I assume this is a Danger Room type thing going on
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mags ain't playing around. His Danger Room sessions are dangerous! Greatly looking forward to this!

'Goose' your powers? I'll have to Google that...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Definitely a Danger Room simulation of sorts. Also a clear sign that Jean's leadership skills have room for improvement. That's to be expected. This is all new to her. I imagine this is one of those harsh lessons she has to learn, needing to be in a situation where someone she cares about is in serious danger. It's easier for someone as reserved as Cyclops. For someone as outgoing and empathic as Jean Grey, it's definitely a challenge. Should make for some high emotional stakes once Jimmy Hudson and the Hellfire Club enter the picture.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Mags ain't playing around. His Danger Room sessions are dangerous! Greatly looking forward to this!

'Goose' your powers? I'll have to Google that...
    I've been waiting for this all day. Glad it wasn't delayed.

She's essentially boosting his powers.

Even though it's obviously a training session, even seeing something like that happen, I expect Jean to cut loose on the next page!

Well, we have 2 possibilities for Jeen 'goosing' Tyke...

Verb, informal
    1. poke (someone) between the buttocks.
    2. give (something) a boost; invigorate; increase. (North American)

Was Bunn making a joke with the goose/hurt/tickling/flirting? Somebody ask him on Twitter!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Anyone notice they already changed the corner box art to the more traditional floating heads?

Also curious how Jean ends up meeting up with Magento in the first place or convincing the others to go along.
    Last edited by Bart; 04-20-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Jean.jpg

Nice call back to all the times Scott played this part. Bunn's really working the classic tropes.

The thing Magneto says makes me think it's not the real him they're doing battle against here. So I think it must actually be a real Danger Room with advanced technology replicating various other superbeings

Good point Ulfhammer, that's a nice sort of role reversal I guess it makes sense to do that given Jean is now leader.

Also good point made about how Jean's personality is not quite as suited to be a cold calm tactician like Scott's.... we'll see how it develops I suppose.

OBEY

Lol @ the definition goose
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Anyone notice they already changed the corner box art to the more traditional floating heads?

Also curious how Jean ends up meeting up with Magento in the first place or convincing the others to go along.
    I wonder if the corner box on Blue is a couch gag? Changes every issue? You'd have to imagine Jimmy will be added when he officially joins the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I've been waiting for this all day. Glad it wasn't delayed.
    Why would Blue be delayed just because Gold was? Blue has nothing to do with Syaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if the corner box on Blue is a couch gag? Changes every issue? You'd have to imagine Jimmy will be added when he officially joins the team.
    They were fun and different back in the day, no reason to have them as just static heads all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    They were fun and different back in the day, no reason to have them as just static heads all the time.
    I hate the Heads, I always liked the box art being like a group action pose instead

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if the corner box on Blue is a couch gag? Changes every issue? You'd have to imagine Jimmy will be added when he officially joins the team.Why would Blue be delayed just because Gold was? Blue has nothing to do with Syaf.
    It's conceivable that they would have delayed blue too so that the release dates of the flagship titles of issue 2 werent at the same time. Since people have a weekly comic budget. The thought had crossed my mind too.

But luckily they are sticking to the schedule.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I am loving and living for Magneto's hip hugging, crotch accentuating, pelvis liner.