Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #21 preview

“The Truth” part four! As the reality of Themyscira is revealed, Wonder Woman is forced to make a decision: defy the will of the gods or betray her Amazon sisters to Godwatch!

Written by: Greg Rucka
    Art by: Liam Sharp
    Cover by: Liam Sharp
    Variant cover by: Jenny Frison

Yes Diana! Kick her ass!

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but I love the present storyline.

Heheh, I guess Rucka really wanted to settle once and for all what would happen if WW got shot with a bullet. (Those just seem to be regular bullets, yeah?) So basically, she's not invulnerable, but she just keeps on trucking even if she gets harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

OMG WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!
    Richard Alexander

I've been waiting on Maru's ass kicking for awhile. I'm anxious to read this now!

Spectacular Member

Finally it looks like this issue will have a good action scene. This run has been severely lacking in that regard.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Heheh, I guess Rucka really wanted to settle once and for all what would happen if WW got shot with a bullet. (Those just seem to be regular bullets, yeah?) So basically, she's not invulnerable, but she just keeps on trucking even if she gets harmed.
    My thoughts exactly!

So even if Diana gets injured, her body is still tough enough to go on functioning at more or less peak efficiency. So even if you shoot her, odds are one bullet won't do the job. And this fully explains why Diana blocks bullets, despite not being in immediate mortal peril from them. They still hurt. They can still do damage, so she would rather not get hit by them at all.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Amazing Member

Where'd you get these?

I wonder if she is a doctor ? I mean she has the symbol that is common symbol of the medicinal field

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope Maru tries using some sort of poison on Diana in order to escape and somehow it backfires on Maru leaving her deranged and sadistic like her pre-New 52 self.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    So even if Diana gets injured, her body is still tough enough to go on functioning at more or less peak efficiency. So even if you shoot her, odds are one bullet won't do the job. And this fully explains why Diana blocks bullets, despite not being in immediate mortal peril from them. They still hurt. They can still do damage, so she would rather not get hit by them at all.
    That's a very good point! It does make sense out of her tendency to block bullets (when she knows they are coming).
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

I love the look of Colonel Poison and her team. The red eyes makes the look all the more sinister. I only wish she had the red/maroon (?) gloves of her original outfit. Also, and this is going to seem like a silly nitpick, but I wish people would call her by her new codename: Colonel Poison. Calling her Colonel Maru makes her seem too generic and like they're trying to distance her from her more poisonous expertise. I hope whoever the next writer is continues to use Colonel Poison, actually calls her by her codename and allows Colonel Poison to start cooking up some terrifying chemical warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope Maru tries using some sort of poison on Diana in order to escape and somehow it backfires on Maru leaving her deranged and sadistic like her pre-New 52 self.
    Yeah, I hope there's a little more to this version of Poison then what we're seeing here.