Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

"Consider The Long Game"

Just burst into song Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    As a fan of Morrison's Action and Pak/Kuder's Action, I'm glad it isn't part of this character's history. If they aren't going to move forward with that direction, and keeping it in continuity is not only pointless, but detrimental to the Morrison/Pak/Kuder Superman. I wouldn't like it if that Superman grew up to become this Superman.

Even though he kind of is this Superman because of the split/merger and all.
    I was thinking, would it be possible to set up these runs as in same continuity as All-Star Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was thinking, would it be possible to set up these runs as in same continuity as All-Star Superman?
    Nope. Too many contradictions.

Looking forward to this even if Churchill is not present. I am more interested in this Earth based part of Superman's past rather than Krypton too.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Supes wearing trunks in the past seems a last minute decision. He doesn't have them in the cover showing his past (AC #977).
    or a very intentional decision. It's almost like they're saving it for something, even going so far as to mislead people with solicits/covers...Hmmmmm...I wonder why?.....Lol I kid
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    or a very intentional decision. It's almost like they're saving it for something, even going so far as to mislead people with solicits/covers...Hmmmmm...I wonder why?.....Lol I kid
    Yeah, pretty much as they mislead us about Jor-El's true look by changing it every time up to 2 weeks before AC #977.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-21-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of wonder if they're not still working stuff out. Like they still don't know all of his history yet. And the SO references aren't just placeholders until they get stuff organized. Remember Action #850 back about 2007? It was supposedly a re-hash of his post-IC origin but when SO finally came out, almost everything in it contradicted that issue. Remember Trinity #2? The ship in that issue looked nothing like the one used here. I also kind of wonder if they aren't leading up to something bigger that transcends all of his history. Trinity #8 kind of implied there were larger implications we aren't seeing yet. Like things are going to come to a head in the near future about Superman's history. Superman himself seems almost confused by all this. Like he can tell something is off. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, IDK.
    Assassinate Putin!

Oh I'm sure they don't know everything yet. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone just isn't on the same page either. You've got Jurgens who's a post-Crisis kinda guy, and Johns who's a Donner guy. But I don't think it has anything really do with a solid plan of there stil being some secret reveals that will cause more changes. I mean, that's always a possibility to come about, but I don't see it as it stands now to be the reason for any inconsistencies. Its just because they're winging it. The hints about more being to all this I just see as continued hinting toward Dr. Manhattan's reveal. And even then I'm not sure they completely know yet the scope of what they're going to say he all did. As we were postulating in another thread, in fact, it could end up that he did more than just lift out 10 years. I mean, what if he wasn't doing something similar to what Alex Jr. did in Infinite Crisis and was lifting ideas and/or verbatim people from other Earths and dropping them into his reality?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I agree they should have used the Byrne save to spread some love around. I have never liked the movie influence Johns keeps pushing in the comics, but I think he's too close to it to see how dated and odd it is. As for the art it's OK, hearing it was a rush job makes me more forgiving.

Only change they would have had to make with the Constitution meeting was have Superman in costume for it instead of street clothes, and instead of it being the moment where he (and his parents) decided he needed a public guise, just have him go off to compose himself after outing himself for the first time in the big city, as opposed to him utilizing his powers in secret in a small town. But I digress, its apparently a hard fight against Johns and his Donner fetish.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ian Malcolm was right. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Ian Malcolm was right. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists.
    I'm a fan having a good time with some of my favorite characters again, sorry to burst your bubble.

AC_Cv978_var.jpg
    god damn, that variant cover looks great! though it does, along with the other cover, open up that maybe the trunks were a last minute addition. Maybe.

Could always have just been a decision based on the logic of showcasing the current costume you're moving forward with on covers, instead of the one no longer being used despite it being in the lore at that period.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen stronger work from Barbieri, but this is solid.

"...consider the long game." The war against Manhattan? Is that Oz?

Good to see the planet staff back in full force .
    I wonder how this connects to what Saturn Girl said: "Superman won't come."