Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rocket Raccoon Appreciation

Welcome to the appreciation thread for the galaxy's furriest gunslingin' outlaw!

Here we can discuss all things related to Rocket Not-A-Raccoon, including his upcoming live action debut.

To celebrate the launch of his first ever ongoing series, HERE's a new in-depth interview with writer/artist Skottie Young discussing the creative process for the book.

Join in and try not to be too impressed by the tail!

Powered By Gravity

I really enjoyed the first issue. It was funny and and fun. I love/admire/enjoy Skottie Young's art to no end. This seems like the perfect title for him to write and illustrate.

BANNED

convention exclusives:

So here's Rocket by Rafael Albuquerque and David Petersen.

BANNED

I love the character based off DnA's interpretation and Scottie Young (shockingly to me since I've never liked Scottie Young before) did a great job on the first issue.

Also, here's an early Rocket Raccoon Appearance!

Hulk is obviously not a fan.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 07-09-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-09-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Love Rocket, too bad his early appearances are waaay expensive right now. Currently reading the book that came out by Abnett called Rocket Raccoon and Groot Steal the Galaxy and by reading this I am really missing old Rocket since Abnett writes him so well.

This is my new favorite variant that I own. David Peterson is truly a master when it comes to drawing animals.

rocket raccoon 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    This is my new favorite variant that I own. David Peterson is truly a master when it comes to drawing animals.

rocket raccoon 1.jpg
    That was my favorite as well, I hope Petersen gets to do more with Rocket in the future as he clearly likes the character.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Finally got round to reading Rocket Raccoon #1 today and absolutely loved it. It was just so fun and vibrant and its always nice to look at Skottie Young art. I hope he has a long and successful run on the book.

Why not talk about the incredible resurgence he's had the last few years, or how you first read his introductory story in Incredible Hulk? I read my copy, about 8 years ago, when I found the local translated reprint, in a bargain-bin. Great stuff. Rocket really came with his own entire cosmology, his entire gallery, from the start. He was always meant to be a solo-character. In fact, when you look back at it all - he's really very similar to Wolverine - even had his own eponymous mini-series in the 80's, by a classic master of the genre.

Btw, about DnA... isn't anybody else REALLY P*SSED that DnA retconned his entire history, with their "& Groot" -mini?! WHAT was that nonsense about?? They just RETCONNED, the damn eponymous, GREAT, and ICONIC, mini-series by Mike Mignola!

Heck, it's still Rocket's best story, to date! And they retconned it!

I STILL want to hear them admit that was a bad idea, and pointless, in every way. Still really mad at them, for that one.

I will try and straighten out myself, by quitting the complaints, and posting some neat Rocket Raccoon a lá Mignola, instead:

And the final issue, from a great series.

Reprinted and in stores now, btw!

BANNED

So I watched Guardians, I loved the team but out of the two Rocket and Groot are my highest. Bradley Cooper impressed me so much that now I'm torn between him and Scott McNeil for Rocket when I read his dialogue.