Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    SDCC 2016 Exclusive Rocket Raccoon Animated Figure, based off of the cover of Rocket Raccoon #1 by Skottie Young:

That looks awesome! I wonder if they will be available after comicon is over?

Astonishing Member

Time for this Appreciation Thread to be active again and it'll start with these Preview Pages of ROCKET RACCOON #1

Dude, THANK YOU fr posting that. Can't wait. Going through Rocket withdrawals. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Astonishing Member

The debuting Issue is now released and it's not too bad of a start for this (former) member of the GotG. Interesting who Rocket encounters within said Issue and look forward to this alien's quest to "get the hell of the this planet" {his words, of course.}.

Anyway, let's hear more comments regarding the First Issue of this series without Groot.

I really, really liked this first issue. I thought the art was amazing and it is a great story so far. It is interesting seeing Rocket without Groot. Cannot wait for issue #2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Invader67 View Post
    I really, really liked this first issue. I thought the art was amazing and it is a great story so far. It is interesting seeing Rocket without Groot. Cannot wait for issue #2.
    .....Then the Following Preview Pages for Issue #2 should please you.

Awesome! Can't wait. This going to be good. Thank you for posting this.

I'm really, really digging the new series a lot. However, I see that blurb about Issue #5 says "The Tale of Our Grounded Rocket Comes To An End". Does this mean that this series is over after only 5 issues? That would really freaking suck as I am really digging it....

http://www.newsarama.com/32858-marve...citations.html

I'm really, really digging the new series a lot. However, I see that blurb about Issue #5 says "The Tale of Our Grounded Rocket Comes To An End". Does this mean that this series is over after only 5 issues? That would really freaking suck as I am really digging it....

http://www.newsarama.com/32858-marve...citations.html
    It makes sense, considering they're rebooting the main book with All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy. This was always intended to be a mini-series covering Rocket's Grounded arc. I'm interested what they'll be doing to end the story, while allowing it to be tied in with main GotG's ending, as well as hope we get a new Rocket (or Rocket & Groot) book sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It makes sense, considering they're rebooting the main book with All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy. This was always intended to be a mini-series covering Rocket's Grounded arc. I'm interested what they'll be doing to end the story, while allowing it to be tied in with main GotG's ending, as well as hope we get a new Rocket (or Rocket & Groot) book sooner than later.
    Thanks Inversed. Now I'm bummed, but I understand. Hopefully we'll get a new Rocket Raccoon or Rocket Raccoon & Groot. Whe you say they are rebooting the main book with the All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, what do you mean by that?

Thanks Inversed. Now I'm bummed, but I understand. Hopefully we'll get a new Rocket Raccoon or Rocket Raccoon & Groot. Whe you say they are rebooting the main book with the All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, what do you mean by that?
    Basically the current run of Guardians Of The Galaxy is going to finish in April, so in May, the book is getting revamped as "All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy", with an all new writer and artist, as well as going back to the original 5 members (to be more tied into the film). They're also making this different by having Drax now be a pacifist and Groot stuck as Baby Groot. It'll probably be a lot more light-hearted than the big epic scale of the past couple of arcs.

Given the track record, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year they announce a new Rocket and/or Groot book (which I'd LOVE a new standalone Groot story as well)

Basically the current run of Guardians Of The Galaxy is going to finish in April, so in May, the book is getting revamped as "All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy", with an all new writer and artist, as well as going back to the original 5 members (to be more tied into the film). They're also making this different by having Drax now be a pacifist and Groot stuck as Baby Groot. It'll probably be a lot more light-hearted than the big epic scale of the past couple of arcs.

Given the track record, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year they announce a new Rocket and/or Groot book (which I'd LOVE a new standalone Groot story as well)
    Thanks again, Inversed. The All-New Guardians of the Galaxy should be really cool especially since it will be just the five members. I wonder if Drax will be portrayed as a pacifist in the new movie? With Groot being Baby Groot in the movie, it will be interesting to see and hear how Vin Diesel does Groot's voice.

A new Rocket will be sweet. I too really, really liked the standalone Groot comic as well.

Astonishing Member

Looks like Rocket is spotted among the other members of the GoTG within Today's MONSTERS UNLEASED #2.

Astonishing Member

....And now, it's time for the Fifth (and Final) Issue of the latest ROCKET RACCOON Series; but first, some interesting comments.......

Thanks again, Inversed. The All-New Guardians of the Galaxy should be really cool especially since it will be just the five members. I wonder if Drax will be portrayed as a pacifist in the new movie? With Groot being Baby Groot in the movie, it will be interesting to see and hear how Vin Diesel does Groot's voice.

A new Rocket will be sweet. I too really, really liked the standalone Groot comic as well.
    .......And Congrads to both Inversed & Invader67 for being correct about the Next ROCKET Series coming from Marvel.....

Anyway, here're the following moments in which occurred within Issue #5........

Following the Preview where Kraven helps Rocket with the other aliens escape........spoilers:
    where in retrieving the teleporter device to help the aliens return to their homeworld; Rocket learns about Ra'chaun working with Kraven. Later on and after he dealt with Kraven's other hunters {who were planning to ambush the aliens}; Rocket basically fights and defeats (through trickery) Kraven at the cost of allowing the other aliens to escape. Also, Johnny Storm (w/ Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak & Lockjaw of the InHumans) shows up in the final pages.
    end of spoilers

Hope that the readers enjoyed this latest adventure of Rocket and will be a-waiting (and very, very soon) of his next adventures; besides the ones with his Teammates/The Guardians of course.

The new Rocket looks like it will be interesting. Can't wait to read issue #1 when it comes out.