Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So long as she's not having sex with Batman(the Killing Joke movie still gives me shivers) I'm fine with whatever they decide to do with Batgirl. They can make her biracial and give her a black or chinese mother for all I care. Just no screwing Batman!
    Lego Batman Movie flirted with their relationship, also. Creepy.
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    Calvin: We're all counting on the other guys' moms to throw them away.
    —Calvin and Hobbes

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Wasn't Gail's more darker due to the new 52 era and/or editorial Mandate and that Burnside was a way to clear some of it up and make it more lighter ?
    Yeah. But I never really said being dark was a bad thing. Gotta have a good balance though shes gotta have some humor shes not as dark has bruce even when she's in costume.

Comicwise I did enjoy dark batgirl I could take her threats and things that she went through more seriously like @Unclepluky Said shes kinda like Steph now (she even looks younger) and thats fine for steph but Babs ain't steph
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 04-23-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

New 52 Batgirl has been terrible on the whole
    You can't really say one is better than the other since both are bad iterations of the character
    one is overly dark
    the other is a bastardized version of something that did work for the character at a time.

Imo I hope Whedon just does his own thing
    Batgirl has very limited good runs with Babs as the star in a non oracle role.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I believe they're going for the concept of New 52 Batgirl: post TKJ Batgirl with the emotional baggage. Story wise probably not, there's nothing iconic in that run. He'll probably borrow bits and pieces from all over Babs's history and will streamline a story with his own ideas. I don't see him trying to recreate that run for a movie.

I'd say since it's post TKJ they will definitely have the Joker play a role in the movie. And since TKJ is part of Barbara's story, I could see WB trying to use the movie to rebrand Leto's Joker to not be so...whatever he was in Suicide Squad.

I haven't always agreed with Joss's story decisions, but I have mad respect for his creativity and his story telling capabilities. He's gone on to describe his Barbara as "intense" and "driven" so this is probably not going to be Batgirl-lite.
    Same here. On every single point but you said it better. N52 Babs is also Black Mirror Babs and that sounds exciting!

My pitch for the movie would be Hush (a lot of folks want that anyways) but adapted for Babs. She runs a gauntlet with all the Batvillains and the secret mastermind is Hush but from HER past.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-23-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Nightwing is setting up Titans/Teen Titans, so I'm guessing Dick will eventually end up with Kori in the DCEU. Just a hunch. But Dick and Babs will definitely have a history and it will be touched upon either in one of their solos or both.
    I'm still not even sure Nightwing will actually be made. DC has like 10 movies in development. Only reason I think Batgirl will actually happen is Whedon

I certainly don't think they have a long term plan. Or at least nothing has shown me that they do

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm still not even sure Nightwing will actually be made. DC has like 10 movies in development. Only reason I think Batgirl will actually happen is Whedon

I certainly don't think they have a long term plan. Or at least nothing has shown me that they do
    Very valid. Nightwing was announced first but more gossip and hype is starting to build around Batgirl because of Whedon himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So long as she's not having sex with Batman(the Killing Joke movie still gives me shivers) I'm fine with whatever they decide to do with Batgirl. They can make her biracial and give her a black or chinese mother for all I care. Just no screwing Batman!
    Whats wrong with her having sex with batman. She was with him in the 66 series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Whats wrong with her having sex with batman. She was with him in the 66 series
    Okay ask yourself that question again...when you know that Batgirl is the daughter of one of Batman's closest allies in Crime-fighting.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Okay ask yourself that question again...when you know that Batgirl is the daughter of one of Batman's closest allies in Crime-fighting.
    I bet that smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by popestu View Post
    Lego Batman Movie flirted with their relationship, also. Creepy.
    More like made fun out of "their relationship".

just please no dickxbabs please. just let them officially move on already please!

Do you guys think Babs as Oracle will be canonized in the DCEU? Or did I miss something about it being canon? I think just like the New 52, the film should give some nods to Babs' past as Oracle and even show some flashback scenes of her working as Oracle. It's such an important part of her mythos, not to mention in the wider Batman mythos. Also, she was best as Oracle and so-so as Batgirl (Cass and Steph were the better Batgirls) IMO, that's why I'll be salty if they don't mention Oracle.

In regards to her love life, I think it's best that they don't even include it. Seriously, not every female or male character needs to have some love story background. This is getting outdated. Even if they want to add it, maybe make it a side and small part of the movie, and yes please NO Dickbabs please! I don't even understand the appeal of Dickbabs nowadays.
    However, if it was the Lego Batman version of Batgirl, then I don't see anything wrong with Brucebabs. She's a police commissioner whose age is close to Bruce. But yeah, better leave the fracking love life out of it

There was an Oracle easter egg in BvS (the heading "Oracle Network" visible on the Batcomputer monitor) and some of the extra material references the Clocktower. So going with this new info of the movie being based on Simone's New 52 run, I think Oracle is canon in the DCEU.

As for Lego Batman doing Bruce/Babs better, eh, still kinda iffy on it. Makes no sense why a full grown woman old enough to be the city's police commissioner would go by Batgirl, even if the film made a self-aware joke about it. Please no Bruce/Babs. And Dick/Babs can be canon and be referenced but let the characters move on from that pairing as well.

So. Gordon has known bruce since he was a kid. They aren't contemporaries.

Question
    If this is a batgirl origin story
    Does Batman need to be in it?

Same question for Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    So. Gordon has known bruce since he was a kid. They aren't contemporaries.
    If anything Gordon is like Alfred another father figure to Bruce but to Batman he is a friend so its weird. Makes the Babs/Bruce relationship a bit incestuous