Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I mean, whenever Johns gets his hands on a character/team, there's a 50/50 gamble he'll either bring them to new heights (Aquaman, JSA, Booster Gold), or he'll completely destroy them (Teen Titans, Flash (His Barry run, not his Wally run), Justice League) Teen Titans aside, my biggest problem with him is his love of killing characters.

I've heard what he did with Billy wasn't the best (I dropped the New52 Justice League SO FAST). What did he do exactly?
    Billy Batson mistreats people for fun as revenge for being orphaned, and has to learn "the value of friendship". Johns tried to make it less cheesy, but it just comes off as a lame 90s kids movie.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Agreed. His one appearance in JLU, and especially his appearances in Young Justice captured his personality PERFECTLY.
    His personality is definitely not old school, I don't know what people are thinking. He may come off as a perfect, nice and humble child but that is a great role model for children to look up to which is the purpose of DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    His personality is definitely not old school, I don't know what people are thinking. He may come off as a perfect, nice and humble child but that is a great role model for children to look up to which is the purpose of DC characters.
    DC actually needs nice and humble young heroes imo, one of the reasons why Jon Kent hit all the right notes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    DC actually needs nice and humble young heroes imo, one of the reasons why Jon Kent hit all the right notes for me.
    Jon and Billy would probably get along great .

Incredible Member

I hope to see Billy soon.... I wish though they would go back to calling him Captain Marvel instead of Shazam. I was 4 years old when the old Shazam tv series came on the 1970's. I knew Captain Marvel was his name and Shazam was the magic word/ name of the wizard. I never got into this explaination that it was confusing that everyone thought Shazam was his name. But if he goes by Captain Marvel or Shazam, I am ready to see him again.

Is Mary around? In her white costume or her classic red one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Smith brought back to do a new Shazam series, perhaps for Young Animal.
    Young Animal is the last place where you want a Captain Marvel/Shazam title. A free definition about Young Animal is like soft Vertigo or superhero Vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Mary around? In her white costume or her classic red one?
    Last time I counted there where two Mary around: Mary Marvel from Thunderworld in white dress (last seen in Superman 19, I think) and Mary Shazam (last seen in a Justice League title).
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 04-22-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Young Animal is the last place where you want a Captain Marvel/Shazam title. A free definition about Young Animal is like soft Vertigo or superhero Vertigo.
    From what I've seen so far of Young Animal, it strikes me more as a love child of classic Kirby, classic Ditko and early Vertigo.
    So, yeah, a quirky Captain Marvel/Shazam title where a boy given magical abilities to turn into a living 'power fantasy' hero by an old Merlin-esque wizard and battles a talking worm with mind-control powers and has a family of like-powered superheroes that includes a bunny and an absent-minded uncle sounds like it might just fit.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    I liked Johns' Shazam, but frankly I think they should take their sweet time until they got everything figured out.
    Is this sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    From what I've seen so far of Young Animal, it strikes me more as a love child of classic Kirby, classic Ditko and early Vertigo.
    So, yeah, a quirky Captain Marvel/Shazam title where a boy given magical abilities to turn into a living 'power fantasy' hero by an old Merlin-esque wizard and battles a talking worm with mind-control powers and has a family of like-powered superheroes that includes a bunny and an absent-minded uncle sounds like it might just fit.
    Did you saw than all of Young Animal titles have the banner than says "Mature Readers"? Check the covers. Do you want a Captain Marvel series with the "mature readers" banner? Fine for you, but i don't think that is the best direction.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think is is valid for the adult readers of comics.

I think younger kids of today, where the whole wish fulfillment aspect of the character should resonate most, might think differently.

I have found myself wondering this very question more and more as Rebirth has rolled on, I think (hope) they are saving the whole Marvel family/Adam for a big event which will introduce them all back into the DCU.

I also hope they bring back the classic looks for both Shazam and Adam. I love the over the shoulder mini-cape, it's one of the characters defining features and the capeless Adam with the sash.

For a set of characters who have not one but two upcoming movies you would think DC are planning a big push sometime soon. A Shazam ongoing and Black Adam miniseries would be great!
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Well, according to DiDio,
    “In this particular case with Shazam, we have the right team, we’re just waiting for them to be available,”
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-jsa-le...heroes-series/
    That was as of mid-February.

Make of it whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, according to DiDio,https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-jsa-le...heroes-series/
    That was as of mid-February.

Make of it whatever you want.
    I'm pretty sure Johns and Frank are planning on continuing their Shazam story once they become available after Doomsday Clock is completed. Johns actually Tweeted recently a response to Franks' Tweet about eventually returning to Shazam. https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/statu...52047147073536
    Unfortunately, that won't be for quite some time (around late summer 2019) because of the bi-monthly Doomsday Clock schedule.The Shazam movie will have already been released. I think Cap will probably end up playing an important part toward the end of Doomsday Clock with his series launching out of there. That said, not having a Shazam comic in print while the movie is coming out is a huge missed cross-promotional opportunity. DC always says they have big plans for the Marvel Family, but they have not had their own in-continuity comic in almost 20 years.
    Last edited by maxmcco; 03-31-2018 at 12:00 PM.