View Poll Results: Would you like to see an Avengers v X-Men MCU movie ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 19.44%
  • No

58 80.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you want to see the Avengers v the X-Men in MCU ?

Would you like to see the Avengers and the X-Men go head to head now that Disney have brought Fox.
    How would you like to see the storyline transpire ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Eventually. I think a rebooted MCU needs to self-care and build that new thing, preferably from the ground up; Original 5 X-Men, FF and so on.

I want to see the real Original Avengers find Cap in the ice.

I'm not against some compromises with the source material. One of the most epic fights between the Xmen and Avengers was way back around # 50s, when Magneto had skillfully manipulated Wanda and Pietro away from the Avengers and the X-A fight commenced. That could be updated to contain the reveal of Magneto being their father (in comics they didn't find out for nearly 10 years after that story).

I keep thinking about how it's kind of a missed opportunity that Dark Phoenix is happening because DP could very well be the MCU's AvX. Basically the idea is that the X-Men are fighting for the Phoenix and the Avengers against it. That could be done with Jean as Phoenix instead. It would be a nod to the original story by using the overall concept of it instead of just being a generic name for an Avengers vs X-Men fight, but actually adapting a great, iconic story.

I'd be down for seeing it if it was as faithful to the Avengers vs. X-Men storyline as Captain America: Civil War was to the Civil War storyline, maybe even less so.

I absolutely loved Civil War. If they can pull AvX off just as well, I'm on board.

I can see Avengers Vs X-men happening but in name only like Age of Ultron or closer but not that close like Civil War. They'd probably come up with a new plot or reason for them to fight.

No. But it's probably going to happen eventually.

I think an Avengers vs. X-Men movie would probably just see a brief skirmish between the teams and then give them another, non-Cyclops, threat for the two teams to team-up against quicker then they did in the comic storyline.

Spectacular Member

No, I've already seen hero vs hero. It's played now.

So long as its not just a 'Avengers rule, X-Men drool!" showpiece, and actually has a point outside of just heroes Vs heroes, then why not? I actually enjoyed the AvX book. Was not perfect, but had a nice idea to it. At the very least, its miles better then the travesty that was Inhumans Vs X-Men.

It's just a matter of time.

Well as long as do not follow the comic AvX and end up with the heroes fighting a common enemy for me okay. It does not have to be the Phoenix can be for example Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think an Avengers vs. X-Men movie would probably just see a brief skirmish between the teams and then give them another, non-Cyclops, threat for the two teams to team-up against quicker then they did in the comic storyline.
    That's how I think it should be as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

No thank you but I know it's inevitable.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'd like to see the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants strike a few times, Mystique is an outcast and alligned with Magneto, Sabretooth, Blob, Toad etc.
    The goverment decides that these mutants need to be investigated and the Avengers are called on.
    The Avengers battle the X-Men then team-up.
    Scarlet Witch knows that her brother is connected with the X-Men, Storm and the Black Panther have history, between them, Rogue can steal Captain Marvels powers, the Red Skull can be the big bad mutant hater behind the scenes whom Magneto kills at the end with the big reveal in the post credit scenes that Magneto is Scarlet Witchs' and Quicksilvers father.

20180107_161635.jpg
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 01-06-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Considering the best Civil war in all of marvel was the one we got in the Movie I'd be thrilled to get an AvX adaptation as that is an event I actually enjoyed.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter