Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    getting sick of Deadpool and his stupid hipster niche getting special treatment, nothing Marvel will do will ever appeal me to him because hes a r rated anti hero that does nothing new or has been done by someone else, he's getting to a list and exposed for the sake of the same old things that ruins the characters marvel has made classic.

Why can't Wolverine get an r rated cartoon, deadpools a unfunny 90s edge joke that exists to make superheroes look bad with his authors pet self awareness and internet trolling idiocy, hes a mistake and his merc of a mouth thing is all the 90s cringe brought back.

You know, the fact that marvel treats deadpool seriously deadpool as some adult based messiah that people older than 18 can enjoy and mark everyone else as a childish all ages toy product means Marvel has no imagination, since thete have been r rated types since deadpool and never got this much attention with adults.

Marvel comics ruined deadpool for me, hes no less mature than spiderman with venom or wolverine. Hes humor is also overrated, spideys cussed and so has hawkeye i mean why the hell does his character be politically correct aside from wolvie, sabertooth, xmen, possibly she hulk.

Marvel this close to losing me. Dial down the deadpool stuff, hes become the new batman of cheesy edgy action heroes and a total mary sue.
    You do realize that Fox owns Deadpool and all Mutant/X-men and FF4 related tv and movie rights right? The only say that Marvel has is in TV and merchandising to give the ok or not as they both have to agree on these for it to release.

I do agree that Deadpool is in too many comics, but so is Old Man Logan.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 05-14-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

/\ I believe film rights and animation rights are two separate things, so FOX doesn't actually own Deadpool in that regard, they'll just be airing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    /\ I believe film rights and animation rights are two separate things, so FOX doesn't actually own Deadpool in that regard, they'll just be airing the show.
    That's kind of a strange situation that Marvel has never really clarified. Near as anyone can tell, Marvel owns the animation rights to all its characters. That was why they could produce shows like X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men and air them on networks like WB and NickToons. If Fox owned them, they would've found a way to put them on their networks, but they didn't.

And early on in Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man, characters like Dr. Room and Wolverine showed up. That all changed later on, which might have been part of Marvel's efforts to avoid using Fox characters. To date, there hasn't been a single mention of any X-men or F4 character in either show. They haven't even said the word "mutant" in those shows. At every comic con, Marvel makes clear that the X-men and F4 are not showing up in their Disney XD shows, but since they did early on, it's clear they could.

The Deadpool cartoon might be part of the ongoing thaw between Marvel and Fox. For a while, Marvel seemed determined to avoid any and all merchandise that had F4 and X-men in it. That seems to be changing now that X-men and F4 are showing up in toy lines again. But animation was the last domain in which they were absent. I hope the Deadpool cartoon changes that. Putting it on a network like FXX will probably be a challenge because it gets nowhere near the audience that a Disney channel would get. But if anyone can help make that network, and X-men properties as a whole, succeed it's Deadpool.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Niffleheim

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    This actually shocked the hell out of me even though I enjoyed this season
    Same as me, well I was hopeful, but I felt that Agents of Hydra would be too dark a storyline for most people. I think they will have to introduce an established Marvel character to entice more viewers for it to go beyond another season.

Niffleheim

Marvel’s Inhumans will come to life on ABC this fall — more specifically, it’ll air Fridays at 9 p.m. ET following Once Upon a Time. And while we’ve shown you a first look at the Royal Family and dropped the first scoop on the show already, ABC released the logline for the Marvel super series ahead of its upfronts presentation on Tuesday morning. And here it is

"Marvel’s Inhumans explores the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city. After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.”

EW
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

I mean, deadpool showed up in the psiderman cartoon, so clearly marvel has the rights.

However, the fact that it is R-rated leads me to believe that they ceded some rights to fox, most likely in light of their recent mending of conflicts and new deals.

Niffleheim

Descriptions of Inhumans trailer at the ABC Upfronts (not officially released)

here is a link Reaction to Inhuman trailer

In the first look, we hear the same introduction from Maximus (Iwan Rheon) as heard in the teaser trailer. But this time, we see bits and pieces of the royal family at home and on Earth.

The scene begins with the Earth, moon, and Attilan, where Black Bolt, Medusa, and their family reside. It then cuts to the family eating dinner together. Cut to Medusa and Black Bolt walking down the stairs with Maximus behind them. It then shows Maximus in front of a crowd and then cuts to him with armed soldiers aimed at a group of people (the elders). Next, we see them dead.

Crystal is being taken away from the palace. Medusa is seen being restrained with Maximus looking at her. Maximus sits in a middle of a dome and is then with his men.

Cue Black Bolt’s face. Lockjaw and Black Bolt teleport to Earth in the middle of the street, which causes a car accident. Black Bolt looks concerned.

We then see Karnak (Ken Leung) in a forest. Maximus walks down another dark hall. Someone (either Black Bolt or Maximus) is jumping from a cliff into the water. Soldiers are roaming in the forest looking for someone with their guns out.

Black Bolt is wearing a normal casual suit and running in the streets.

We go back to an unidentified inhuman running in the forest from explosions and gunfire. Then action scenes of Karnak and Gorgon fighting in the forest.

Black Bolt is seen again in his casual suit being attacked by police. Then more of Maximus. More of Black Bolt. Then Inhumans logo.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-16-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Niffleheim
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-26-2017 at 06:07 AM.

^This show needs better animation
    We need better comics

Niffleheim

I think ppl just need get over that "better animation" talking point and watch or not watch the show. Surely by now ppl have learned that "better animation" will not materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    ^This show needs better animation
    They need a better animation budget.

I really hope the new Spider-Man cartoon looks good...

I think ppl just need get over that "better animation" talking point and watch or not watch the show. Surely by now ppl have learned that "better animation" will not materialize.
    If you don't complain about these things they will think it's okay to look this cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They need a better animation budget.

I really hope the new Spider-Man cartoon looks good...
    I really hope that's good
    We need better comics

Niffleheim

You can only complain if you are the target audience and unfortunately for us we aren't in terms of Marvel animation. I gave up on it a long time ago

You can only complain if you are the target audience and unfortunately for us we aren't in terms of Marvel animation. I gave up on it a long time ago
    Well as a cartoon and animation enthusiast, I feel like I can still complain despite not being part of the target audience .