Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 200
  1. #76
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    737

    Default

    They need a better designer for the show. There are way too many lines that need to be animated and that's where the lack of money starts to show. Bruce Timm's DC look was so successful as it brought it down to what was needed for the character and cut the unnecessary bits. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying the designs should look like Timm's work but Marvel needs to take a page out of the DC book (BTAS and JL) and balance the visual look of the show and push it in a direction and not just look so basic.

  2. #77
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    They need a better designer for the show. There are way too many lines that need to be animated and that's where the lack of money starts to show. Bruce Timm's DC look was so successful as it brought it down to what was needed for the character and cut the unnecessary bits. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying the designs should look like Timm's work but Marvel needs to take a page out of the DC book (BTAS and JL) and balance the visual look of the show and push it in a direction and not just look so basic.
    I think it would help if the Marvel cartoons went with a more stylized art design rather then trying to ape the movie aesthetic.

    Most of the movie designs don't even adapt that well to animation anyways...

  3. #78
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would help if the Marvel cartoons went with a more stylized art design rather then trying to ape the movie aesthetic.

    Most of the movie designs don't even adapt that well to animation anyways...
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. I think they need to find someone who can really do a good simple by stylish design for every character that shows up. One that doesn't stick to life-like proportions.

  4. #79
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. I think they need to find someone who can really do a good simple by stylish design for every character that shows up. One that doesn't stick to life-like proportions.
    Like Shane Glines on Justice League Action, for instance .

  5. #80
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    660

    Default

    It would help if they ditched the whole washed out coloring they got going on.

  6. #81
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like Shane Glines on Justice League Action, for instance .
    That'd be so amazing. Someone of his caliber would be ideal. Too bad Disney/Marvel can't seem to go in that direction with the shows.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Future Avengers premiers on July 22nd.

    1496112108_1_1_ef24c627033cb011cf207e5929aacd3b.jpg

  8. #83
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Capcom and Marvel might have dropped the ball when it comes to MvC: Infinite's roster. This information hasn't been verified so take it as a rumor.
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=238590123

    Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

    - 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
    - No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
    - Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
    - I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

    There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.
    This game's roster is going to be a huge sausage fest and mostly returning characters.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Ryce also said its a major disappointment so its true.

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,252

    Default

    Happy I spent money I would have on this game (if it had FF and X characters) on Injustice 2.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,678

    Default

    Marvel knows that there maybe a fan riot if the Roster of MVC Infinite isn't up to par.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Capcom and Marvel might have dropped the ball when it comes to MvC: Infinite's roster. This information hasn't been verified so take it as a rumor.
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=238590123



    This game's roster is going to be a huge sausage fest and mostly returning characters.
    If this is true, I'll probably just pass
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  13. #88
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    The same leaker is saying Black Panther won't be in the base game
    http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...ostcount=11333

    Way to screw everything up if that's true.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The same leaker is saying Black Panther won't be in the base game
    http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...ostcount=11333

    Way to screw everything up if that's true.
    Seriously? They will probably release him as DLC in time with his film, Avengers vs Capcom seems like such a botched job in terms of characters.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  15. #90
    Mighty Member Byakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Man, in terms of roster and sheer fanservice content, Injustice 2 (and probably Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2) absolutely blows MvC: Infinite out of the water.

    If only Netherrealms could get the Marvel license and do something like the Injustice fighting games with it...Battleworld as the backdrop for crazy variations and roster...*droooool*
    Last edited by Byakko; 05-30-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •