Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Black Canary should have her own on-going series.

I enjoyed the idea of a Black Canary on-going series and was crushed to see it canceled in the wake of Rebirth and having the character return to her supporting role status.

As fans of Black Canary wouldn't anyone else want to see her go solo and spread her wings away from those close to her ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I enjoyed the idea of a Black Canary on-going series and was crushed to see it canceled in the wake of Rebirth and having the character return to her supporting role status.

As fans of Black Canary wouldn't anyone else want to see her go solo and spread her wings away from those close to her ?
    Um she had one. and She had her own Album of music. DIdn't last more than 12 issues. Dude it was just this year where were you when the book was around?

BANNED

Uh, no. I wouldn't want this.

Nothing against her, she's in my top 75 DC heroes. But she already HAS an average of five appearances a month. She may be in a support role in all those books, but she's still getting more panel time than nearly everyone else in the DCU. Dinah doesn't need a solo at all.

She's basically the co-star of three major DC books, and is effectively the co-lead of Green Arrow.

I think Dinah has it pretty good right now.

I love her. But I'm alright with her status as co-star in GA and BatBop

I'd love her to have her own book . . . but only if they get a great writer and a fantastic artist to handle it.
    There are too many strikes against the character succeeding as a solo act because in many people's eyes she's more of a back-up feature / supporting character, so it would be difficult for her to get a solo series that would sell better-than-average.
    (And the version we got of her for the New52 may not have won her too many fans, either. Me. I prefer the Golden Age blonde bombshell as well as her later retconned-into-being daughter.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Um she had one. and She had her own Album of music. DIdn't last more than 12 issues. Dude it was just this year where were you when the book was around?
    I found her previous on-going a great idea and had the creative team had more time, then they could have established her origins in tying up the Post-COIE Origins, but in a new modern way.

I actually liked her DCYOU series (one of the few, I know); it was weird and different but it was a niche Dinah could call her own, and while I'd welcome a new spin on the "singer/musician" idea, the concept itself is worth using in some fashion.

I'd certainly be interested in a Canary solo, and if the book was quality I'd be all over it. Personally, I'd love a pulp style Canary title.

But I'm satisfied enough with her roles in the various books she's co-staring in.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was into the Fletcher/Wu BLACK CANARY book. More of that would be fine by me.

I think she needs to be a little edgier, though. Skew even more into those punk rock sensibilities. She needs to be loud and angry and iconic.

Astonishing Member

The punk rock Black Canary solo series is one of my most treasured runs in DC history. It definitely deserves a follow-up, but I can't say I'd be as down if it wasn't the Fletcher/Wu team-up. I like Dinah's appearances in BOP (following up on Burnside Batgirl team-ups) and Green Arrow right now a lot. She's also rad in Orlando's JLA. But yeah, she's a superstar. Somebody else could do an interesting solo run with her. I'd be stoked.

But still, holding out for a Fletcher/Wu reunion at some point. Maybe for a mini?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BATMAN is also in several books so what's the problem with BLACK CANARY having her own ON GOING.she's a DC ICON.and deserve's the respect of DC's other major characters WONDER WOMAN.BATGIRL and SUPERGIRL just to name a few.if BATWOMAN.SUPERWOMAN can have their's then DINAH deserve her's.it really shouldn't matter how many other book's she's in.as I said earlier.BRUCE is in almost every DC title.BATMAN.DETECTIVE.BATMAN BEYOND.JUSTICE LEAGUE.JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA just to name a few.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    BATMAN is also in several books so what's the problem with BLACK CANARY having her own ON GOING.she's a DC ICON.and deserve's the respect of DC's other major characters WONDER WOMAN.BATGIRL and SUPERGIRL just to name a few.if BATWOMAN.SUPERWOMAN can have their's then DINAH deserve her's.it really shouldn't matter how many other book's she's in.as I said earlier.BRUCE is in almost every DC title.BATMAN.DETECTIVE.BATMAN BEYOND.JUSTICE LEAGUE.JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA just to name a few.
    You make it sound like Bruce being in all those books ISN'T a problem. When JLA first was announced, I remember people were complaining about his inclusion.
    In my eyes, it's a matter of equality. Far as I'm aware, Dinah is already appearing in more books every month than every single character besides Batman and Superman. Yes, she's an icon, but no more so than any of the characters averaging 3-4 appearances a month.

With some characters getting only 1 or 2 appearances a month (sometimes not even substantial appearances), and dozens of other popular characters in limbo, Dinah having 6 is ludicrous. Batman and Superman get as many as they do because they're f**king Batman and Superman. They're far more popular than ANYONE else.

Now, if Dinah was removed from one of her supporting roles, I wouldn't have as much of a problem. Take her out of Green Arrow and put in Connor or Cissie? Awesome. Take her out of BoP and bring in Zinda or Charlie? SHWAY! Remove her from JLA and put in literally any other human character? Okey Dokey!

I like Dinah, and I'd happily read a solo book with her, but her having so much when others have so little is something I'd find incredibly irritating.

EDIT: Oh, and before you bring up, "You wouldn't be saying this if it was one of your favorite characters", well, your absolutely right! If Cass, or really anyone in my top 30 heroes was appearing this much, I'd be doing jumping jacks in outer space! But, none of them are, and Dinah is, so I'm able to look at this objectively, and unbiased.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-21-2017 at 09:19 PM.

I liked the DCYou run as well. I would not mind Fletcher/Wu returning with a more gritty version. But if any other writer has a good idea, they should definitely not shy away from a solo book.

As much as I like Dinah and would read her solo book, she is already in two twice monthly books and a monthly in Green Arrow, JLA and BatBop respectively, so it fine for now.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Not really. I love Dinah, but i love her a lot more when she interacts with Ollie, Babs or Helena.

I see no point for a BC solo series.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE