Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will you be buying Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider?

I have fallen out of Spider-Man comics for awhile. The last series I heavily bought was the Kaine Scarlet Spider title. What's your thoughts on this new series? I might jump on board.

BANNED

I'm looking forward to it...and since PAD is one of my favorite writers I have a good feeling he's going to do real well with it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm willing to give it a shot. That's about it for now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Nope. Secret Empire and variants are using up my entire budget allocation for Marvel.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

No. I don't follow 616 Marvel comics and the character isn't of interest to me. That said, Peter David does good writing and Mark Bagley is my favorite comic book artist, so I'm pretty sure that it'll be a good series for those who are interested in the premise.

I don't really like Ben Reilly but I always enjoy anything PAD does. I will most likely do what I do with most marvel and wait for it to come on Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I don't really like Ben Reilly but I always enjoy anything PAD does. I will most likely do what I do with most marvel and wait for it to come on Unlimited.
    This is what I'm doing with most Marvel now.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'll pick it up, most likely through trades.

Most likely trades. I'm going to be getting everything for Secret Empire, from the main series, tie-ins (even titles I don't normally collect), Brave New World and the three one-shots. I'll try to pick it up if I can, though.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Yeah, I'm interested in what PAD is going to do with Ben. Bagley as the artist doesn't hurt either.

Spectacular Member

Yes. Ben Reilly is one of my favorite comic book characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Most likely trades. I'm going to be getting everything for Secret Empire, from the main series, tie-ins (even titles I don't normally collect), Brave New World and the three one-shots. I'll try to pick it up if I can, though.
    I salute your dedication.

April 2017: 4 issues - $16.96 (SE #0 of 9 + Opening Salvo, but there were other related titles)
    May 2017: 13 issues - $54.87 (SE #1-3 of 9 + tie-ins)
    June 2017: 17 issues - $69.83 (SE #4-5 of 9 + tie-ins)
    July 2017: 21 issues - $84.79 (SE #6-7 of 9 + tie-ins)

Running total thus far: $226.45
    Last edited by rui no onna; 04-21-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: missed X-Men tie-ins
    Currently Following:

The preview pages with the dialogue encouraged me to give it a shot because it looks like they're acknowledging how bad everything was that happened and working to mend Ben, that's good stuff from PAD, and Bagley feels at home as well. But man was I apathetic towards this even with the creative team after how the character was written in the Clone Conspiracy. That event was pretty much the last straw for me as far as event comics go, I wasn't even reading Spider-Man anymore but I came back for that because of how it was sold to us in the marketing at first and I felt jipped after sticking through with it til the end. But if this will just be a solid character focused kind of book about a guy who's done some bad stuff trying to find his way again, that sounds like a book I wanna read.

Spectacular Member

I will be buying it. I love Ben Reilly and the preview looks great.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Try the first few issues. I am willing to believe that PAD can do something with what he's been given.