Page 496 of 590 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 8841
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's be real tho. Logan is going to be one of the first mutants to turn up in the MCU.
    They'll milk every last drop of Wolverine across every franchise they have and will have the exact moment the franchise is readily available. Anyone who thinks otherwise is unfortunate they'll jump at the opportunity to brand Wolverine as Marvel's Wolverine.

Just look at the roll out his comic counterpart is receiving and he hasn't officially even appeared.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Just look at the roll out his comic counterpart is receiving and he hasn't officially even appeared.
    Meh. The comics people are not the ones making movies.

And while Wolverine is one of the very few surefire moneymakers left in the comics, his MCU counterpart on the other hand is an unproven quantity. I'm sure one of the questions they're asking themselves hard is just how appealing Wolverine is to the mainstream audience when you remove Hugh Jackman from the equation.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Meh. The comics people are not the ones making movies.
    Thor trilogy producers/writers Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost have written X-Men comics(New X-Men and 2000s X-Force). They are also behind the creation of X-23, aka Wolverine’s daughter.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-16-2018 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Did Fox ever officially called this X-Men: Dark Phoenix?
    It's why they have been officially calling it for a year.

BANNED

Thor trilogy producers/writers Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost have written X-Men comics(New X-Men and 2000s X-Force). They are also behind the creation of X-23, aka Wolverine’s daughter.
    They are more film/animation people that have dabbled in comics.
    They didn't create X-23 in a comic.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

IDK if this has been posted already, but Minka Kelly was shadowing Simon Kinberg on the X-Men: Dark Phoenix set recently, and it SOUNDS like she is talking about the trailer here:

https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/s...36067959611394

How has Minka managed to not see a single X-Men movie in over a decade? Hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    How has Minka managed to not see a single X-Men movie in over a decade? Hahah.
    The same way I have - by refusing to even watch one for free after the abomination of X3.

You've still seen at least one though. Minka Kelly is an actress that, to be fair only recently, is entering the comics movie industry. She may be DC but, for whatever reason she's on set or shadowing him, I'd have at least watched the most recent movie in the franchise as research so I was prepared. Just my thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That would make a lot of sense. They could be from former Yugoslavia.
    They could even have Magneto mentioning his father surviving the Holocaust thus two generations of genocide could make someone not trust humanity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The same way I have - by refusing to even watch one for free after the abomination of X3.
    Oh.My.God! Go and see X-Men First Class, Days of Future Past & Logan ASAP!! There haven't been any better superhero movies than these movies!
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-17-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You dodged a bullet with Origins. But after that it has only been upwards. Except for Apocalypse, but even that isn't as terribad as X3 and Origins.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You dodged a bullet with Origins. But after that it has only been upwards. Except for Apocalypse, but even that isn't as terribad as X3 and Origins.
    I hated Apocalypse with a passion when it came out. I recently rewatched it and it is really not that bad. The movie falls apart in the last 45 minutes or so but the first part is actually really great world building for the X-Men universe.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I think Apocalypse would have gotten better reception if it was explicitly stated that the death of Magneto’s second family and the Phoenix stuff was the result of time correctly instead of just vaguely implying it. The repeated scenes from previous movies would have been more tolerable.

I think Apocalypse would have gotten better reception if it was explicitly stated that the death of Magneto’s second family and the Phoenix stuff was the result of time correctly instead of just vaguely implying it. The repeated scenes from previous movies would have been more tolerable.
    I think it would've been better received if it had finally stopped literally repeating the same stuff from previous movies. Heck, if they had just removed the whole Alkali lake nonsense, it would've gotten far better reception.