Page 498 of 590 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 8841
    Spectacular Member

that's definitely mystique, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    well,....I disagree though. There are a lot of Marvel movies were the tone does not fit the plot! Thor Ragnarok for example made the destruction of Asgard a big joke. I would prefer if they would find a better balance between humor and death. and Antman 2 was such a mess and unwatchable for me.
    I love both those movies Thor Rangarok just barely doesn't make my top five of Marvel movies and I mean all movies based off Marvel not just MCU.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I love both those movies Thor Rangarok just barely doesn't make my top five of Marvel movies and I mean all movies based off Marvel not just MCU.
    I also enjoyed the movie. But I do not feel anything for those characters and their destiny. For me it is a super shallow and forgettable popcorn movie. Which is fine, I guess, but I prefer a little bit of depth and real stakes. I think Marvel could be a little bit more careful how to balance humor and drama in these movies. This is why I love the Russo Brothers. Because they get it.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-18-2018 at 07:47 AM.

I also enjoyed the movie. But I do not feel anything for those characters and their destiny. For me it is a super shallow and forgettable popcorn movie.

Everything Dark Phoenix cannot afford to be or should never be. I extend this to any and every X-Men movie. past, present and future.

I prefer a little bit of depth and real stakes. I think Marvel could be a little bit more careful how to balance humor and drama in these movies.
    Everything Dark phoenix should be. When it comes to humor, I don't like it above 10% unless your name is Deadpool, a character with a unique humor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Everything Dark Phoenix cannot afford to be or should never be.
    Well, I think the movie urgently need some humor in the first half of it in order to re-establish/introduce Jean's relationships with her team members. It's a great and easy way to show how close they are by goofing around with each other and becoming a family in the eyes of the audience before her inevitable downfall to madness or rise to godhood.

The whole joke thing is such a hyperbolic falsehood with MCU films.
    Did you see the Captain Marvel trailer? Freaking excellent, and I don't even like Carol. I can't wait for the X-Men to get the MCU treatment! DP has an even larger hole to dig out of now, considering there's another space opera with shape-shifting aliens and a female lead to contend with....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Did you see the Captain Marvel trailer? Freaking excellent, and I don't even like Carol. I can't wait for the X-Men to get the MCU treatment! DP has an even larger hole to dig out of now, considering there's another space opera with shape-shifting aliens and a female lead to contend with....
    Except Dark Phoenix is not a space opera as 99% will likely take place in earth’s oribit like the story it’s in inspired by.

I also enjoyed the movie. But I do not feel anything for those characters and their destiny. For me it is a super shallow and forgettable popcorn movie. Which is fine, I guess, but I prefer a little bit of depth and real stakes. I think Marvel could be a little bit more careful how to balance humor and drama in these movies. This is why I love the Russo Brothers. Because they get it.
    I love the Russo Brothers but I thought the scenes in Thor Ragnarok with Odin, or Hela explaining her past, and the Thor Loki in the elevator scene was poignant same for the Gamora and Nebula and Peter and Yondu in GOTG Vol 2 which also gets hits with the too many jokes argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Except Dark Phoenix is not a space opera as 99% will likely take place in earth’s oribit like the story it’s in inspired by.
    It should be an epic space opera with the Shi'ar, the Imperial Guard, and Starjammers.

Also Yogaflame yes Captain Marvel looks great.

Just watched the Captain Marvel trailer. It’s a good teaser but wouldn't call it excellent.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.

It should be an epic space opera with the Shi'ar, the Imperial Guard, and Starjammers.

Having aliens in your story is not enough to be labeled a space opera. Space opera means taking place mainly in outerspace. That’s why the Men In Black films are not consided space operas because they take place entirely on earth.

EDIT: The Starjammers weren’t in Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-18-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Just watched the Captain Marvel trailer. It’s a good teaser but wouldn't call it excellent.
    If a teaser can make me smile and actually get hyped for a character I have zero interest in, I'd call that excellent.

Your move Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The captain marvel trailer was beyond generic. The reaction so far has been mixed at best. If you call that freaking excellent what would you call the first Logan trailer. Mona Lisa.

I never thought I will see the day when people say Aquaman has the better trailer.

Shi'ar, the Imperial Guard, and Starjammers stufed in one film will be a mess. That cannot be one film. Dark Phoenix alone should not be one film.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-18-2018 at 11:36 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Not to go too off-topic, but I agree. It was good but it didn't exactly set my world on fire. I know Brie Larson is a good actress (I really liked her in Kong: Skull Island, which is the only thing I've seen her in), but some of her delivery sounded a little flat. I'm sure it'll be different in the final film, but wooden delivery does not a good trailer make.

It is interesting that it and Dark Phoenix are slated to release within a month or so of each other, given that they both take place in the early '90s, focus primarily on a female character and (potentially) both have Skrulls.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    The captain marvel trailer was beyond generic. The reaction so far has been mixed at best. If you call that freaking excellent what would you call the first Logan trailer. Mona Lisa.

I never thought I will see the day when people say Aquaman has the better trailer.
    Totally disagree. I think Jason is one of the sexiest men alive, but that Aquaman trailer had me looking sideways, and not in a good way. And I despised Logan.