Page 501 of 590 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They did show a trailer at CinemaCon in Barcelona a few months back that had positive reception.
    Which tells me things are a changing and that trailer might not reflect the film anymore or why not release a trailer?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Which tells me things are a changing and that trailer might not reflect the film anymore or why not release a trailer?
    They are only reshooting the third so I doubt the former. They are probably waiting to show it when the second season of Gifted premiers.

They are only reshooting the third so I doubt the former. They are probably waiting to show it when the second season of Gifted premiers.
    Pretty much the same thing for Rogue One and almost nothing from their trailer was in the film.

Spectacular Member

I doubt we can compare reshoots of 2 weeks with Rogue One.

First Class was released before she became an A-list actress and DOFP was in delevopment before that too. The reason why she has a big role in the former is because the popularity of the character in the original trilogy and because they were pulling from Ultimate Xavier’s origin. The latter is due to the fact that the original DOFP had Mystique in a similar role, which people tend to forget about.
    I think this was true at first, but as J-Law’s Star rose it became all about pushing her by turning Mystique into Blue Katniss.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I think this was true at first, but as J-Law’s Star rose it became all about pushing her by turning Mystique into Blue Katniss.
    For Apocalypse sure. But even that seems to have been a last minute addition to the film.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I just don't. way too much mystique in these movies because of Jennifer Lawrence, but she's honestly trash in this role. she ruins the character. I want her to just go away. she's done nothing but hamper these movies with her terrible and stiff acting
    How does she ruin the character?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Pretty much the same thing for Rogue One and almost nothing from their trailer was in the film.
    With Rogue One, a lot of the trailer was never going to be in any version of the film.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-the-rogu...pea-1790910745

For Apocalypse sure. But even that seems to have been a last minute addition to the film.
    The first Hunger Games and JLaw's Oscar for Silver Lining Playbook happened well before Kinberg and Singer made substantial changes to the Days of Future Past story and script.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The first Hunger Games and JLaw's Oscar for Silver Lining Playbook happened well before Kinberg and Singer made substantial changes to the Days of Future Past story and script.
    She got her Oscar when DoFP had already finished filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She got her Oscar when DoFP had already finished filming.
    She got her Oscar in Feb 2013. DOFP started shooting in April 2013. The cast attended San Diego Comic Con in late July 2013 when they were still filming.

They only changed 10% of the story according to Matthew Vaughn.

BANNED

They only changed 10% of the story according to Matthew Vaughn.
    And has been noted, Mystique played a major role in the original DoFP story in the first place.

The first adaption of Days Of Future Past was the 1992 cartoon. Mystique was the assassin. In the oringal comics, it was Destiny. Destiny was the one who almost pulled the trigger while Mystique and her brotherhood fought of the X-Men. It was understandable Mystique got to play a major part in the movie. J'Law happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Jlaw had American Hustle not Silver Lining Playbook. Fassbender was in 12 years a slave. The 2 actors were at the top of their careers at that moment. We fans were fortunate that we got to see them showcase those talents in DOFP in the same year. DOFP is one of the rare superhero movies where the performances of the actors contributed largely to the very positive reception of the film.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-19-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And has been noted, Mystique played a major role in the original DoFP story in the first place.
    You beat me to that.