Page 537 of 590 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 8841
    BANNED

God this movie looks like a turd

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    According to the leaks from this summer, she's playing "Agent Smith", which is her human guise in this movie. She's part of the alien entourage trying to make Jean their weapon. Personality wise, I'd say the character will likely be a combo of Emma and Lilandra.
    Someone mentioned Oracle. That's definitely a possibility I think. I'm not holding out hope for my crack-theory, but I mentioned it a few months ago, that she could be playing Saturnyne.

If we take the actors and directors at face value:

They've shot down Mastermind/Lady Mastermind and Lilandra.

Skrulls have been a big rumor, and many of the leaks claim the aliens are shape-shifters.

Deathbird could be a possibility...

It's really hard to tell who she could be...and if she even is someone from the comics. She's probably a loose amalgam of characters.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Someone mentioned Oracle. That's definitely a possibility I think. I'm not holding out hope for my crack-theory, but I mentioned it a few months ago, that she could be playing Saturnyne.

If we take the actors and directors at face value:

They've shot down Mastermind/Lady Mastermind and Lilandra.

Skrulls have been a big rumor, and many of the leaks claim the aliens are shape-shifters.

Deathbird could be a possibility...

It's really hard to tell who she could be...and if she even is someone from the comics. She's probably a loose amalgam of characters.
    I'd love it if she were Oracle!!
    Maaaaybe Deathbird. But being this covert is not how Caly'see Neramani operates.

But given the Skrulls will be heavily present in "Captain Marvel" I don't foresee them being in the film. And there are plenty of alien creatures that could have similar shifting abilities, but Fox doesn't have the rights to use them. And Emma is dead in this time line so it's not her.

She's playing Jean's conception of the Phoenix, as though it were a separate persona.

The trailer was so bad... Beast joining force with Magneto LMAO. I just can't. This trailer made me depressed.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    The trailer was so bad... Beast joining force with Magneto LMAO. I just can't. This trailer made me depressed.
    Seems that everyone joins Magneto except Scott and Xavier. Can’t blame them though.

Shh, shh. There, there. It will all be over soon. Feige will save us. The MCU X-Men will be glorious! We've made it 18 years, we can wait a few more.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

He's just blue as his lady love died....get it, blue....cuz he's blue and Mystique is blue....

So was there anything explicitly "90s" about what we see in the teaser? I seem to recall being told that Dark Phoenix would be set in the 90s, as Apocalypse was "80s", DOFP was "70s", and First Class was "60s". Is that still the case?

BECAUSE

There are Skrulls in the Cap Marvel MCU movie that also takes place in the 90s. Does this movie bridge the film universes?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    He's just blue as his lady love died....get it, blue....cuz he's blue and Mystique is blue....
    Only like, 5% of the time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    She's playing Jean's conception of the Phoenix, as though it were a separate persona.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

So much MEH!! So much MEH!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

But why would a force have to enter her in space?

She manifested the Phoenix in the previous movie while fighting Apocalypse.

This continuity (although changed) stems from the first trilogy where the Phoenix was just Jean's powers and a somewhat split personality [and this was actually the first explanation in the original story as it wasn't until the final issue Uncanny 137 that they retroactively reveal that Jean had merged with a force of primal passion in the universe. It is explained that the merger of Jean and this force created the Phoenix. Up until that issue they had explained that the Phoenix was Jean at her ultimate potential (stated in Uncanny 125) and that the blocks Xavier had put in Jean's childhood mind had led to the creation of Phoenix--by causing her to achieve her potential too soon in an instant on the shuttle-- and then later Dark Phoenix. This is actually stated when Jean/Dark Phoenix fights Xavier during their psi-war].

Seems like this is going to be like the comics where the Phoenix is sometimes Jean's own powers, sometimes a separate force/entity, and sometimes both of these at once.

In Uncanny 125, they say that the radiation tore down the psychic blocks in Jean's mind allowing her to achieve her ultimate potential, briefly become a being of pure psychic energy, and then reforming herself as Phoenix. Jean even mentions resurrecting herself in Uncanny 102.

Even with the introduction of the "force" in Uncanny X-Men 137, there was no "Phoenix Force" as we think of it today in the original story. Phoenix was either Jean's power totally or the result of Jean becoming one with a primal force. The Phoenix did not exist before the shuttle incident. Phoenix was a new creation due to what happened with Jean on the shuttle. The Phoenix was not the guardian of the M'Kraan Crystal in the original story. The guardian was this little troll like being. In the original story, the Shiar did not recognize or know anything about the Phoenix, although they likened it to the "dark angel- chaos bringer" of their legends.

When Rachel first became Phoenix, she got the power from Jean's essence as her birthright.

It was years later after the original story that the Phoenix was turned into a being/entity that existed as a conscious being and as having the firebird form before the event with Jean on the shuttle. The Phoenix Force stuff was a massive retcon used to absolve Jean of her crimes as Dark Phoenix and to bring back the Marvel Girl version of Jean in X-Factor. It was also many years later that the Phoenix was retconned into a big part of Shiar history and myth.

And it was the Animated Series that made the Phoenix the guardian of the crystal. Most fans seem to remember this version and mistake it for the original story.

It pains me that most fans don't even know that originally the Phoenix was Jean's own power and potential. They think the movies got it wrong when the movies actually went to the original explanation in the source material.

Supposedly she is just an alien shapeshifter, a new character.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Supposedly she is just an alien shapeshifter, a new character.
    An imaginary persona manifestation could pretty easily be described as an alien shapeshifter.