Page 512 of 590 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 8841
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I don't think I should need a spoiler tag for this as she was confirmed to be part of the cast last year but that's Kota Eberhardt
    I meant - any clue as to who she might be playing? Who else has purple hair beside Psylocke?

Quote Originally Posted by _bolditalic View Post
    WHO THE HELL IS SHE? (on the right)

spoilers:

Click here to see the screenshot.
    end of spoilers
    Apparently she's a Luna. Assuming that's not a spoiler since I can't recall a mutant called Luna. Maybe it's Luna dePaula and they ordered coffee.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

She's a new recruit of Magneto's followers in this movie to spoilers:
    take out Jean
    end of spoilers. I don't think we know her powers yet, but that would make sense of her inclusion there.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She's a new recruit of Magneto's followers in this movie to spoilers:
    take out Jean
    end of spoilers. I don't think we know her powers yet, but that would make sense of her inclusion there.
    Ew...gross. But I guess they needed to come up with something since there's no Logan to stab her.
    I am so done with made up mutants. Isn't that what The Gifted is for?

Sigh. This movie is gonna be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by _bolditalic View Post
    Ew...gross. But I guess they needed to come up with something since there's no Logan to stab her.
    I am so done with made up mutants. Isn't that what The Gifted is for?
    I mean, the comics and TV shows do it all the time, I see no reason why the movies can't either.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You found the trailer to be that bad?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    You found the trailer to be that bad?
    He's a MCU-Troll.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It'll be mediocre.

There were a lot of X3 elements that were honestly unnecessary. Why remake that crap? Not enough Phoenix...too much posturing from all the other characters. Unless everything we've seen happens very close to each other...it's just going to be 'ok'

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Apparently she's a Luna. Assuming that's not a spoiler since I can't recall a mutant called Luna. Maybe it's Luna dePaula and they ordered coffee.
    Arclight has purple hair, and the costume looks similar to Arclight from Last Stand
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It'll be mediocre.

There were a lot of X3 elements that were honestly unnecessary. Why remake that crap? Not enough Phoenix...too much posturing from all the other characters. Unless everything we've seen happens very close to each other...it's just going to be 'ok'
    If I had a nickle for every time I've heard remarks like these after a first teaser trailer dropped, that turned out to be completely unfounded...

There were a lot of X3 elements that were honestly unnecessary. Why remake that crap?
    This is probably reason.

“Again, fucking with the reboot idea. I get to take control and reboot my own movie. I rebooted the universe so now anything can happen. So here’s the plan, in my head, again giving away the plan because of the alcohol- The soda water. What happens when you use Days of Future Past to erase movies like X1, 2 and 3, yes you can erase those events that occurred, but I also was very adamant about having what we call ‘The Tivo Scene.’ The scene in that room with all the video cameras in Days of Future Past, I call it the Tivo scene. 'I developed this piece of technology that records television.’ The point is time’s immutability. The idea that time is like a river. You can splash it and mess it up and throw rocks in it and shatter it but it eventually kind of coalesces and this is, again, theories of quantum physics. It’s all based in quantum physics.

So what I’m doing with these in-betweenqueels is playing with time’s immutability and the prequel concept, meaning that yes we erased those storylines and anything can happen. That means the audience goes into the movie thinking that anything can happen. I mean anything, anyone could die. Any possibility could occur, but characters are still moving towards their immutable place. Jean and Scott, are they meant to be together? Is Scott this guy who hates schools, who ahtes authority, destined to become a leader? You don’t know. Is Jean ever going ot disover the full potential of her power? You don’t know, but we move in those direction character wise but then we have the freedom story wise to do whatever the **** we want because we erased those three movies.
    https://www.cbr.com/bryan-singer-wei...ng-can-happen/

They basically want to be like the Final Distination. Hopefully it’s actually discussed in this movie and not just vaguely hinted at like it was in Apocalypse.

EDIT: I know a lot of people are going complain that it’s BS an excuse the filmmakers made just to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-25-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How can he do that, really, when this film was written and mostly produced long before the deal was even beginning to crystallize? It is still not final. I have a hard time believing Kinberg would be humble enough to even take advice from Feige, even if there would be an active attempt from Marvel/Disney to modify Fox's product at this point[before the final paperwork has been completed]. If Marvel/Disney really wanted to maximize it's X-Men brand, and was already taking an active role in steering its course at this point, it would probably want to scrap the film entirely and do a Phoenix to Dark Phoenix build up properly under their own complete creative control, from top to bottom. Kinberg has already had a hand in messing it up once. A faulty second attempt would almost certainly sour audiences to what is perhaps the most impactful story in X-Men canon, prohibiting the MCU from doing it their way a third time.
    I doubt that. Remember Wolverine & The X-Men’s version of Dark Phoenix that had no prior Phoenix story? That was by people working at Marvel Studios. Look at the producer and writer credits of that show. They have already said several times that they make original storyline and not adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm sad this movie is being made. They could have stopped at Apocalypse. This story deserved to be dealt in two movies Phoenix and Dark Phoenix. I would have loved to see what Disney could have done with it. Now I wonder what story from the X-Men mythos they'll choose to do first.
    I think we already did.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It'll be mediocre.

Seriously, X3 was horrid. There is no reason to bring in ANY elements that remind us of that. But again, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If I had a nickle for every time I've heard remarks like these after a first teaser trailer dropped, that turned out to be completely unfounded...
    It's subjective honestly. I will be the first to admit I'm wrong about this movie once I see it next February, but right now it doesn't inspire a lot of faith in me right now. Some elements lookj amazing and I'm excuited to see on the screen, others I'm just "why? why are we still using 'xyz' in this series, or bringing this into it". That's me, and I don't begrudge or think anyone doesn't deserve to be excited about this. I just wish I was. :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In terms of box office it'll do well and there are people who will be pleased with it, but from everything that had been released before I was expecting something at least different. A different spin, or take on the story...but the scenes look SO MUCH like the crap in X3. It's like this is where they're merging the two movies and it doesn't make sense.