Page 249 of 590 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i hate the xmen films because they took perfect stories with rich characters and reduced it to a pile of horse crap where the only characters who came out having any REAL "development" over a nearly 20 year period were Logan, mystique, magneto and professor xavier (how mystique and magneto get better development over rogue, storm, Nightcrawler, colossus is simply beyond me). the xmen are known for their strong female characters and diversity but you couldn't or can't tell that from the movies. all the characters of color are relegated to minor roles (even though storm is one of the major players with the xmen), evil, or dead. and let's not start with the white washing and over emphasis on needing to drive this narrative home that the men are the leaders and shakers of the franchise when the opposite is true in the comics. the writing is very lazy as well. i mean when you take a character lie storms origin and replace it to the garbage in the movie it become ready apparent how lazy the screenwriters were. there is nothing to celebrate when the fox-men are simply the xmen by name alone. outside of that they are nothing even close to what made me fall in love with them. i think if u ask most people who hate these films you would get something similar to what I said.
    I don't hate the X-Men movies, but i agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Other than Storm, how much diversity have the X-titles actually pushed? Jubilee, with her wacky Chinese fireworks powers? Psylocke, the white lady in a Japanese body? Bishop, who came close to being a breakout character but then was relegated to villain/marginalised territory?

I agree that Fox hasn't done the Claremazons much justice but the diversity aspect of the main X-Titles is overrated. It's usually the later generations and spin-offs that have more racial and sexual orientation diversity.
    You're not wrong.

BANNED

That is the big problem with the X-Men: when your entire cast is a metaphor for various minorities you sometimes forget you still have to do actual, real diversity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That is the big problem with the X-Men: when your entire cast is a metaphor for various minorities you sometimes forget you still have to do actual, real diversity too.
    I'd also like them to get rid of Jennifer Lawrence. She's horrible as Mystique

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'd also like them to get rid of Jennifer Lawrence. She's horrible as Mystique
    Ugh, I can't believe someone who trashes the XMEN so much is still such a big part of it. I guess now that her career is going down the drains, she suddenly loves the XMEN cause it's her only big paycheck nowadays?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Other than Storm, how much diversity have the X-titles actually pushed? Jubilee, with her wacky Chinese fireworks powers? Psylocke, the white lady in a Japanese body? Bishop, who came close to being a breakout character but then was relegated to villain/marginalised territory?

I agree that Fox hasn't done the Claremazons much justice but the diversity aspect of the main X-Titles is overrated. It's usually the later generations and spin-offs that have more racial and sexual orientation diversity.
    diversity goes beyond race. the thing that that made Claremont stand out among the other companies at the time is that instead of the powerhouses being men they were women. add to this he made it to where a black woman was leader of a team back in the 80s which was unheard at the time. that said the xmen are very white even within the comics, but fox has gone out of their way to not only make the teams and characters more white, but the women are not the big and bold characters they were in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I don't hate the X-Men movies, but i agree with this
    thanks... i really don't understand how any fan of the books from the 80s and/or 90s could like anything that came from these movies.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Bishop was a constant member of one or other X-Men team for years, he had proven to not be that much of breakout character before they took him in that stupid direction. Forge an X-Men introduced on the main titles is a Native American character with as much staying power as any. Moonstar and Warpath don't make it into as many cartoons and stuff.

Amazing Member

Shawn Madden

Since I'm asked about this one about once a week: Keeping it simple. Word on X-Men: Dark Phoenix is very good.
    Very different than what people may expect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KatePryde View Post
    Shawn Madden
    That's obvious. People expect movie about Phoenix and this won't be movie about Phoenix but about Magneto.

BANNED

Who is Shawn Madden and why would I care about his opinion?

Amazing Member

Shawn Madden on Dark Phoenix

Fox learns from their missteps.

BANNED

Shawn Madden on Dark Phoenix
    We will see but Apocalypse(and second trilogy) proved that this is not necesarily true.
    He probably works for Fox right?
    Last edited by Xelossik; 11-21-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    We will see but Apocalypse(and second trilogy) proved that this is not necesarily true.
    He probably works for Fox right?
    No, he is from Marvelreport and Heroic Hollywood. Has proven itself many times

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    thats what happens when their overseer is a white, american and religious guy who mostly cares about male actors and the biggest female star. He doesnt care about minorities or secondary x-men, so what should we expect from him?

BANNED

No, he is from Marvelreport and Heroic Hollywood. Has proven itself many times
    Ok.
    We will see. Kinberg still believes that Fantastic Four was good. Hard to be positive.
    but after soo many bad movies/// maybe he finally learned something. probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    thats what happens when their overseer is a white, american and religious guy who mostly cares about male actors and the biggest female star. He doesnt care about minorities or secondary x-men, so what should we expect from him?
    magneto. he cares only about magneto and wolverine and big stars.

and that's why maybe this will be good movie but weak x-men movie.