Page 374 of 590 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 8841

I don't know if this video has been posted here yet, but Collider did a story on the reasons for the delays of both X-men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants.

For X-men: Dark Phoenix, the reasons are actually pretty mundane. They had a test screening, as all movies do. They want to do some reshoots, as almost all movies do these days. The problem is that the actors involved have scheduling conflicts, most notably with Sophie Turner on Game of Thrones. They won't be able to get them together for the reshoots until late summer, which would make meeting the November release date very challenging.

New Mutants, however, is a much more complicated issue, one that might discourage Josh Boone from ever doing a superhero movie ever again. But the issues with that movie may run a lot deeper than even Collider can ascertain. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what comes of both movies.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, but at the core of the Civil War comic sits a good or even great idea for a story (that was mercilessly butchered by all writers involved).

House Of M is just a mess. There isn't even a story there. It's all just random stuff happening.
    Fox wouldn't make any of those you mentioned either. It would require them to not do a reboot for over a decade. Fox can't even do House Of M because they don't have enough Mutants in their universe to do "No More Mutants" and have it have a measuravble effect on the world.
    House of M will be a mess as one movie and if they adapt the movie page by page , it's impossible anyway. I think 2 movies will be good for House of M.

A house of M movie, I will honesty take out all the Avengers parts in it since they are the weak parts of the story and just make it about mutants loosing their powers, wanda going crazy and focus on the magneto family dynasty. House of M can be done, I know this more than ever after seeing Legion, Split, Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Butterfly Effect.

Ah, but at the core of the Civil War comic sits a good or even great idea for a story
    I feel the same about House of M but it is not going to be easy. Disney loves easy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    House of M will be a mess as one movie and if they adapt the movie page by page
    Any comic adapted page by page would be a mess.

I think 2 movies will be good for House of M.
    Really? There's not enough story in it to fill an episode of a tv show.

I feel the same about House of M but it is not going to be easy. Disney loves easy.
    This is the summary of House Of Meh: after Wanda got retconned into being insane and stupid powerful the X-Men and Avengers get together to discuss what to do about that.

Then you have a whole bunch of alternate universe hijinks that are not actually relevant to the plot in the slightest except to show how powerful Wanda is, except we already knew.

And it's resolved with Wanda out of the blue fulfilling Quesada's directive and eradicating Mutants (which wouldn't work in the Fox-verse because it doesn't really have many Mutants in it beyond the main cast as far as we ever saw).
    After which she vanishes, leaving the main conflict unresolved.

It was (barely) two issues of plot that did't go anywhere and 6 issues of sideshow alternate reality fun that had no purpose in the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't know if this video has been posted here yet, but Collider did a story on the reasons for the delays of both X-men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants.

For X-men: Dark Phoenix, the reasons are actually pretty mundane. They had a test screening, as all movies do. They want to do some reshoots, as almost all movies do these days. The problem is that the actors involved have scheduling conflicts, most notably with Sophie Turner on Game of Thrones. They won't be able to get them together for the reshoots until late summer, which would make meeting the November release date very challenging.
    Stop speaking sense!! Can't you see there's studio dick waving to do?

Seriously, I'm getting tired of this crap infecting EVERY XCU movie thread.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Stop speaking sense!! Can't you see there's studio dick waving to do?.
    First pissing contest and now dick waving. Why are you so infatuated with male genitalia?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

New Mutants, however, is a much more complicated issue, one that might discourage Josh Boone from ever doing a superhero movie ever again. But the issues with that movie may run a lot deeper than even Collider can ascertain. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what comes of both movies.
    And after what they went through trying (and failing) to get someone else back in time from Han Solo reshoots, I bet GoT (and any HBO production) is going to insist on an "Us first" clause in any further contracts.

fan poster by Fabio Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

fan poster by Fabio Rodriguez
    You immediately know it's not real when you see Cyclops front and center.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And after what they went through trying (and failing) to get someone else back in time from Han Solo reshoots, I bet GoT (and any HBO production) is going to insist on an "Us first" clause in any further contracts.
    I will not trust Collider one bit. this requires real journalism if we ignore the obvious.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

One insider said Kinberg and the studio had been looking to move Dark Phoenix for some time as the Nov. 2 date had the movie going up against Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Disney’s own four-quadrant tentpole that hopes to play into the hands of the Christmas holiday crowd.

I kept being told November was a great release date because of Hunger Games, Harry Potter, & Thor. Releasing X-MEN in the summer was the old way of thinking. But it appears fox didn't like November for awhile just like I thought but kept getting told I was wrong
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

If that's true, then that's a smart move. After Apocalypse coming out on the same day as Alice in Wonderland, I would hope they would learn their lesson and not release a film on the same day as another big film. Alice might have bombed, but it still took a chunk of their change imo, and got the Imax theaters I believe. Its better for the film to come out on a day that doesn't go up against something like that. Though I don't expect Nutcracker to do too well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh god sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    I will not trust Collider one bit. this requires real journalism if we ignore the obvious.
    I'm scared I'm agreeing with you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I kept being told November was a great release date because of Hunger Games, Harry Potter, & Thor. Releasing X-MEN in the summer was the old way of thinking. But it appears fox didn't like November for awhile just like I thought but kept getting told I was wrong

Just teasin'... ;p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If ready player one sells a lot don't be surprised when there's more cyclops in the reshoots