Page 505 of 590 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 8841
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    intriguing!

Oh just release it already. If it's ready, I don't see any point in waiting anymore.

Hope this means it'll drop here in America soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Magneto and Xavier Dark Phonix set

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    As great as McKellan was as Magneto in the original trilogy, Fassbender IS Magneto, in my eyes. Feige and the casting people will have their hands full when they eventually recast.

I really like McAvoy as Xavier, too, but he didn't really define the role to me like Stewart did.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    As great as McKellan was as Magneto in the original trilogy, Fassbender IS Magneto, in my eyes. Feige and the casting people will have their hands full when they eventually recast.

I really like McAvoy as Xavier, too, but he didn't really define the role to me like Stewart did.
    I love both Fassbender and McAvoy. I'd love for them to stick around once the X-men get rebooted again into the MCU.

I just feel like this franchise is suffering from major Magneto fatigue. He's been too in it much, too prominent. Fassbender is superb in the role but the character didn't need to be as focal as he has been. Same with Mystique. Although, despite liking Lawrence, I've never really loved her in this role. It doesn't feel as dark or conniving as Mystique normally is. So, I'm just hoping that this is the X-Men movie that finally focuses on the X-Men. I'm hoping that since it's literally named "Dark Phoenix", Jean and her peers finally steal the show. Particularly if this is the end of this iteration of the cast.

That said, I'm glad the trailer is described as "epic". It'll be good for the franchise to go out on a high note.

I really wish they'd try to age them with either makeup or CGI.

I like both Fassbender and McAvoy in the roles, but they do need to age as each movie is set 10 years later and later. Young looking bald McAvoy does not remind me of Prof X, but perhaps with some CGI aging...?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I really wish they'd try to age them with either makeup or CGI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like both Fassbender and McAvoy in the roles, but they do need to age as each movie is set 10 years later and later. Young looking bald McAvoy does not remind me of Prof X, but perhaps with some CGI aging...?
    I understand this on some levels but don't on others, especially coming from comics, where characters rarely age realistically.

Follow-up question: Captain Marvel will take place roughly 25 years before Avengers 4 (assuming she's gonna be in that): are people going to be demanding that we slap aging makeup/cgi on Brie Larson when she shows up in the Avengers? The time difference between those two movies would be in the same ballpark as it is between First Class and Dark Phoenix (roughly 25 years to 30 years). I'm genuinely interested to know.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

The ironic thing about the movie characters just barely aging over 30 years of in-story time is...well...that's how popular comic characters work lol

Also, none of the core X-characters need to be recast besides Rogue and a young wolverine. Everyone else is good.

It would be nice to have a cocoa-skinned Storm though I must say.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 09-21-2018 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

I understand this on some levels but don't on others, especially coming from comics, where characters rarely age realistically.

Follow-up question: Captain Marvel will take place roughly 25 years before Avengers 4 (assuming she's gonna be in that): are people going to be demanding that we slap aging makeup/cgi on Brie Larson when she shows up in the Avengers? The time difference between those two movies would be in the same ballpark as it is between First Class and Dark Phoenix (roughly 25 years to 30 years). I'm genuinely interested to know.
    Lots of people are assuming some "sleep stasis" shenanigans will be happening, which usually leads to a character not aging between falling asleep and waking up.

That or Kree genetics could be an in-story explanation given to us.

Either case, let's see if they explain it first before we ponder whether or not a "certain segment of fans" is going to blindly forgive the supposed misdemeanor.

I'm willing to bet there is an explanation for Captain Marvel.

BANNED

... Fassbender IS Magneto...
    YES! And...

... in my eyes. ...
    ... DAMN, that man is edible!